10+ Year Old Account

Question Having trouble with talents.

I've tried runic empowerment, and runic corruption, but some people are telling me I should go with blood tap. What do you think?

(Frost DK two-handed PvP)
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-02-08 at 03:43 AM.

Blood Tap is the best because it's "on-demand", not RNG like the other 2 talents. Also it can be used to quicly get Death rune back for a Strangulate for example.

Best way to use it is to pool 5-10 charges, always try to stay above 5 in case of emergency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically what Tehterokkar said. Plus it nets just a little bit more rune regen compared to the other talents when used correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Basically what Tehterokkar said. Plus it nets just a little bit more rune regen compared to the other talents when used correctly.
    It actually doesn't.
    RE granted 1 rune every 3 Frost strikes (On average), RC granted about one every 3.5-4 I think. BT gives one every 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    RE granted 1 rune every 3 Frost strikes (On average), RC granted about one every 3.5-4 I think. BT gives one every 5.
    Not quite...
    0.45 (or 45%) isn't 1/3... RE gives 1 every 2.22 strikes.
    And BT gives 2 charges per strike, and 5 charges grant a rune. so every 2.5 strikes. Corruption gives one every 2.47 strikes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Not quite...
    And BT gives 2 charges per strike, and 5 charges grant a rune. so every 2.5 strikes. Corruption gives one every 2.47 strikes.
    Which means because it's so close together, you could say that BT wins because it's nonRNG.

From EJ:

Tier 5

Blood Tap – Each damaging Death Coil, Frost Strike, or Rune Strike generates 2 Blood Charges, up to a maximum of 12 charges. Blood Tap consumes 5 Blood Charges to activate a random fully-depleted rune as a Death Rune.

*A guaranteed Death Rune from fully depleted runes when you want it as long as you have at least 5 Blood Charges.

Runic Empowerment – When you land a damaging Death Coil, Frost Strike, or Rune Strike, you have a 45% chance to activate a random fully depleted rune.

*Able to game runes with this to get back certain runes. Keep in mind you must have a fully depleted rune for this to do anything. This is currently the top simming option from this tier and is the best option for frost on multiple targets.

Runic Corruption – When you land a damaging Death Coil, Frost Strike, or Rune Strike, you have a 45% chance to activate Runic Corruptions, increasing your rune regeneration rate by 100% for 3 sec.

*Returns 30% of 3 runes. This will not actually last for 3 seconds unless you have 0 haste but will last for shorter amounts of time as your haste goes up so that you are always getting 30% of each rune regardless of your haste.

But since you want it for a PvP application you might want a more on use ability like BT. Preference really...just like Blizz wanted it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Not quite...
    Was just working off memory, didn't expect to be entirely correct, but the general idea still stands. Re gives the most, RC slightly less and BT the least.