Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Your imaginative concept is nothing more but a Call of Duty game where half the team is dressed as zombies...
    If that's what you can come up with bro.. Then no, please do not limit your imagination.. In fact, you need to think a lil more out of the box. Quite drab if I do say so myself.
    i take it your one of those internet trolls we hear so much about huh. if this help build you confidence then continue i guess. im a halo/ battlefield guy COD not my thing

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 05:50 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Well, humans have laid siege to other humans in history. Yes, the besieged city is at a disadvantage due to disruption of supply lanes, but the besieged have sometimes been able to triumph.
    true but with if it was zombies instead of humans it would be much more difficult to repel because the people inside would be causing a riots and panic like never before making the situation that much harder to deal with.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    i take it your one of those internet trolls we hear so much about huh. if this help build you confidence then continue i guess. im a halo/ battlefield guy COD not my thing
    Troll? Why am I a troll? Because you don't like what I'm typing? You don't like what I think, so I'm a troll? .....
    Zombies that want to eat more then anything but now they can formulate a plan and do pretty much anything we can. could we win this battle?
    And I'm the troll? You sir, are severely misinformed.

    CoD, was just an example. You can put whichever shooter title you prefer. My point still stands.
    Last edited by Violent; 2013-02-08 at 05:53 AM.
    "The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Troll? Why am I a troll? Because you don't like what I'm typing? You don't like what I think, so I'm a troll? .....
    big zombie fan. have all the season of walking dead on BR. so i guess talking about what i find interesting is wrong huh. stay in you closed minded shell bro.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  4. #24
    Brewmaster Olianda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,263
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    true but with if it was zombies instead of humans it would be much more difficult to repel because the people inside would be causing a riots and panic like never before making the situation that much harder to deal with.
    With zombies, it should be that much easier to repel. You're not going to find very many people who want to defect to the side of the undead. Panic? Good, keeps people inside the city walls, preferably in their homes cowering. In a situation like that, most people listen to leadership BETTER. "Your only chance is to listen to the guy with the big guns, who also owns the city where you live" sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    With zombies, it should be that much easier to repel. You're not going to find very many people who want to defect to the side of the undead. Panic? Good, keeps people inside the city walls, preferably in their homes cowering. In a situation like that, most people listen to leadership BETTER. "Your only chance is to listen to the guy with the big guns, who also owns the city where you live" sort of thing.
    "People, They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these uh, these "civilized people", they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." -The Joker

    people are not that sane when thing go bad. history has proved that time and time again. people will take your food u will fight back ----> domino efffect
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    big zombie fan. have all the season of walking dead on BR. so i guess talking about what i find interesting is wrong huh. stay in you closed minded shell bro.
    Not one episode of WD has "intelligent" zombies bro.. Keep going.
    "The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Not one episode of WD has "intelligent" zombies bro.. Keep going.
    im aware of that never said is did. im not talking about WD in this thread. (sunday is gonna be awesome though)
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  8. #28
    Brewmaster Olianda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,263
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    "People, They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these uh, these "civilized people", they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." -The Joker

    people are not that sane when thing go bad. history has proved that time and time again. people will take your food u will fight back ----> domino efffect
    If you're going to go with the Joker, let's look at how well his plan worked out. Did they blow each-other up?

    When your options are fight your only chance for survival, feed the zombies, or cower in your home, most people would hop for cower. Fight, Flight, or Freeze, most people seem to go flight or freeze. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's unanimous or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    how would you handle this. zombies that want to eat more then anything but now they can formulate a plan and do pretty much anything we can.
    could we win this battle?
    Return of the Living Dead did this. The answer is no, we lose.

    Granted, the Return of the Living Dead zombies were pretty unstoppable, and even if you got one, destroyed it's entire body and reduced it to ash, if you inhaled that ash, you'd slowly turn into a zombie. So with THOSE zombies, it was pretty no win.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    If you're going to go with the Joker, let's look at how well his plan worked out. Did they blow each-other up?

    When your options are fight your only chance for survival, feed the zombies, or cower in your home, most people would hop for cower. Fight, Flight, or Freeze, most people seem to go flight or freeze. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's unanimous or anything.
    true you will have people who wont be foolish and you will have people who are foolish, all depend on which side out way the other. human are the only species that kill its on species, so far i have never seen a zombie attack another zombie, maybe humans are less intelligent then zombies lmao(that was stupid of me)
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    true you will have people who wont be foolish and you will have people who are foolish, all depend on which side out way the other. human are the only species that kill its on species, so far i have never seen a zombie attack another zombie, maybe humans are less intelligent then zombies lmao(that was stupid of me)
    Are you being sarcastic or what, because you have to be completely unaware of animals if you really think that.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  12. #32
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alternate Reality full of Cheese
    Posts
    60
    OK scenario: What if the zombies had intelligence but were only able to maintain this intelligence and prevent rotting through devouring humans.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Are you being sarcastic or what, because you have to be completely unaware of animals if you really think that.
    figured that was gonna pop up. let me rephrase that. humans are the only species that systematically tortures and murders its own for personal pleasure and gain. also that the majority of human advancements or based around killing another human. some may say because we have most complex emotion, i dont think that true though.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  14. #34
    Brewmaster Olianda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,263
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    figured that was gonna pop up. let me rephrase that. humans are the only species that systematically tortures and murders its own for personal pleasure and gain. also that the majority of human advancements or based around killing another human. some may say because we have most complex emotion, i dont think that true though.
    Horses attack and murder newborn foals. Chimpanzees go out in groups and attack each-other's camps. Dolphins kidnap, rape, and murder other dolphins, including adolescents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    "People, They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these uh, these "civilized people", they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

    people are not that sane when thing go bad. history has proved that time and time again. people will take your food u will fight back ----> domino efffect
    When your options are fight your only chance for survival, feed the zombies, or cower in your home, most people would hop for cower. Fight, Flight, or Freeze, most people seem to go flight or freeze. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's unanimous or anything.
    I disagree with both viewpoints of "chaos" and "panic".

    Chaos:

    People will definitely compete over limited resources in a zombie invasion. Will they degrade into chaos and anarachy? No. The fact of the matter is, more can be gained through cooperation than through in fighting. What does a zombie invasion matter if everyone's fighting over resources? Rational people will understand the benefits of cooperation, even if it's an uneasy truce. The cooperation would definitely be fragile and heavily dependent on quality of leadership.

    Panic:

    While people will flee from zombies, they won't just 'freeze up' like in the movies. In reality, the closer you are to death or danger, the harder you fight to live. This is 'will to live' quite apparent in terminally ill patients. Again, quality of leadership plays a crucial role in boosting 'morale' and staving off panic.

  16. #36
    Brewmaster Olianda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,263
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    I disagree with both viewpoints of "chaos" and "panic".

    Chaos:

    People will definitely compete over limited resources in a zombie invasion. Will they degrade into chaos and anarachy? No. The fact of the matter is, more can be gained through cooperation than through in fighting. What does a zombie invasion matter if everyone's fighting over resources? Rational people will understand the benefits of cooperation, even if it's an uneasy truce. The cooperation would definitely be fragile and heavily dependent on quality of leadership.

    Panic:

    While people will flee from zombies, they won't just 'freeze up' like in the movies. In reality, the closer you are to death or danger, the harder you fight to live. This is 'will to live' quite apparent in terminally ill patients. Again, quality of leadership plays a crucial role in boosting 'morale' and staving off panic.
    A) When I said fight, I meant with each-other.
    B) People sure as hell freeze up. I do it. My house was broken into about a month ago. I froze in a doorway when I heard the window break. I scared them off when they saw me in the doorway. I won, because I froze.
    C) Some people may very well fight harder to live in extreme situations; others just give up. The "will to live" stuff is a load of bullshit. With my own eyes I've seen people give up on life.

    Also, why do you keep putting random ' marks around things? The only time those are supposed to be used is a quote inside a quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

    Depends on the source.

    IIRC Walking Dead zombies can last a long time, and in a war with the undead, single zombies wouldnt matter. Its a fight we would likely lose due to sheer numbers.

  18. #38
    Bloodsail Admiral DomesticViolence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,027
    I don't think we'd win.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's only when assuming zombies are just corpses that have come back to life for no reason. There can be dozens of causes that create them though, some of which can protect them from those 7 things.

    If it's caused by disease, it's reasonable to assume that virus or bacteria or whatever causes it also wards off predators by producing toxins or smell to drive them off. Animals and even insects know how to avoid harmful, contagious or poisonous food. That includes gut flora.. the zombie virus can just kill them.

    With the bacteria and parasites eating the corpse gone, it also takes care of the bloating problem and most heat related problems.

    So yea, depends of how the zombies are created of what causes it. Normal dead people wouldnt just rise up ad start biting people in the first place.

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,310
    Wouldn't an intelligent zombie have a sense of self-preservation that a typical zombie would not? Would they not then lose their greatest advantage?

    Let's all bum rush them, some of us will get shot in the head but some of us won't, uh, maybe I'll just wait here instead.

    At that point they're us, and on the flip side, the psychological implications of being undead could have quite the toll on them, insatiable hunger, loss, might they just want to end it all? What binds them together as a fighting force? Why the hell am I still awake posting in this weird thread?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •