Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    With the bacteria and parasites eating the corpse gone, it also takes care of the bloating problem and most heat related problems.
    So yea, depends of how the zombies are created of what causes it. Normal dead people wouldnt just rise up ad start biting people in the first place.
    How exactly could a zombie walk if he had no gut bacteria to provide him with energy? Why should he eat brain if he has not way to digest it and turn the brains into energy he needs to move?
    • Thaelin: I pooped
    • Hansel: My beer died

  2. #42
    Herald of the Titans draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    How exactly could a zombie walk if he had no gut bacteria to provide him with energy? Why should he eat brain if he has not way to digest it and turn the brains into energy he needs to move?
    because! a probe returned from Venus and it brought Venus powers with it and now the zombies are all geeked up on Venus juice!

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    because! a probe returned from Venus and it brought Venus powers with it and now the zombies are all geeked up on Venus juice!
    But Venus is just a CO2 covered planet with many vulcans that has sulfuric acid rain in the atmosphere. So they are juiced with sulfuric acid? Reminds me of the Ridley Scott Alien blood.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-02-08 at 11:59 AM.
    • Thaelin: I pooped
    • Hansel: My beer died

  4. #44
    Warchief Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,146
    Misfits did an episode like that where zombies were just normal people who craved human flesh. So you would never know they were a zombie until they were gnawing on your neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  5. #45
    You guys should read the Newsflash series - it's a "zombie" series where it's infection, not zombies, and includes hivemind/ semi-intelligent zombies when they're grouped up... as well as the fact that anything over 50lbs has the potential to go zombie, regardless of species

  6. #46
    Hmm if the zombies were intelligent needed to feast on humans to keep sane and from rotting AND the hunger they felt was like a powerful drugs addiction in that they constantly feel the need to feast id say that would make zombies scary as hell.

  7. #47
    Stood in the Fire lostprophet12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    403
    Given how badly people tend to fare against the usual mindless zombie eating machines, even a slight increase in intelligence or cunning would be trouble. If they were every bit as smart us we'd be fucked eventually.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    how would you handle this. zombies that want to eat more then anything but now they can formulate a plan and do pretty much anything we can.
    could we win this battle?
    Then they aren't really zombies....

    They are more like some other form of undead. And no, we would lose. Living dead that can use guns / tanks / tools?

    GG
    Last edited by Purlina; 2013-02-08 at 04:01 PM.

  9. #49
    If you're interested in this type of idea, I'd recommend the Stephen King book "Cell". There aren't really zombies in the book in the traditional sense, more in the sense of 28 days/weeks later (but still, not a virus), but the "changed" people in the book.... well, I don't want to spoil anything, even though nobody here will probably read it anyway. Though just by the nature of linking it with the subject of this thread is sort of a spoiler in itself, so, I apologize if you do decide to read it.

    It looks like it actually might be made into a movie relatively soon which I'd love to see if it ever actually makes it to the screen.

  10. #50
    Titan Synthaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    12,889
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Last page of that mentions tazers. If there's one thing we know, it's that tazering a Zombie in the head won't work. Hell, unless the brain itself is destroyed/the head is removed, you basically just provided the electricity it needs to allow the brain and nervous system to refunction and the heart to restart, essentially creating something between human and zombie... so quasi-deads? Better get Riddick. Fuck guns and ammunition, a guy who can jump over ravines, hide behind rocks and use a pair of knives would be enough.

    Also, if the zombie is Bear Grylls... well, we all know it can sustain itself without needing to eat us. Suddenly, we've got a forest of zombie bears, zombie squirrels, and zombie badgers that drink their own piss.
    Last edited by Synthaxx; 2013-02-08 at 05:46 PM.
    Coder, Gamer, YouTuber - Thoughtcloud | YouTube - Latest: BF4 - AWS : AWSHIT BROTATO!
    Knows: Delphi, PHP, WQL/SQL/MySQLi, Python, jQuery, HTML, CSS | Learning: Ruby + Sinatra
    Phrases: Can't Replicate | Check StackOverflow | F*ck your illiterate elsif

    PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX670 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

  11. #51
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    They would no longer be zombies.

    I recall a Romero film that had semi-intelligent zombies, City of the Dead. They were using tools and even guns. It was fucking stupid.

    I am a firm believer that the zombies of Night of the living Dead/Walking Dead will be the type of zombies we see (lol). The rabid runners like in 28 Days Later are absurd

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    If you're interested in this type of idea, I'd recommend the Stephen King book "Cell". There aren't really zombies in the book in the traditional sense, more in the sense of 28 days/weeks later (but still, not a virus), but the "changed" people in the book.... well, I don't want to spoil anything, even though nobody here will probably read it anyway. Though just by the nature of linking it with the subject of this thread is sort of a spoiler in itself, so, I apologize if you do decide to read it.

    It looks like it actually might be made into a movie relatively soon which I'd love to see if it ever actually makes it to the screen.
    I read that book and it reminded me a bit of I am Legend and it does have a bit of that hive mind thing going for it as well if I remember correctly. I wish they would make a movie out it because the idea behind it and the amount of people that use cellphones would make for a good horror story.

  13. #53
    We have a few situations here:
    At a certain level of intellegence you'd recognize that not perminently killing your prey would result in food competition. Thus the disease wouldn't necessarily spread. It would be more like a man hunt for a few people who live like vampires.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Then they aren't really zombies....

    They are more like some other form of undead. And no, we would lose. Living dead that can use guns / tanks / tools?

    GG
    where's the law that says they are not zombies if they're intelligent?or is it just opinions acting as facts, again?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    where's the law that says they are not zombies if they're intelligent?or is it just opinions acting as facts, again?
    This is off-topic but why pick the craziest guy from Wolfguy? Why!?

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    This is off-topic but why pick the craziest guy from Wolfguy? Why!?
    the faces he makes....even if it's screwed it's too epic!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    B) People sure as hell freeze up. I do it. My house was broken into about a month ago. I froze in a doorway when I heard the window break. I scared them off when they saw me in the doorway. I won, because I froze.
    C) Some people may very well fight harder to live in extreme situations; others just give up. The "will to live" stuff is a load of bullshit. With my own eyes I've seen people give up on life.

    Also, why do you keep putting random ' marks around things? The only time those are supposed to be used is a quote inside a quote.
    B) Ouch, I don't think thats the standard reaction though. Most people get scared thats true, but people don't actually freeze up as often as in the movies.

    C) And with my own eyes, I've seen people clinging onto a life not worth living.

    I use ' marks to emphasize certain phrases. In particular, to denote a special usage of a phrase.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •