10+ Year Old Account

Question Is WW a good PvE spec?

Well, I decided not too long ago to make a PvE (Monk) main and a PvP (Death Knight) main. However, halfway through leveling my monk I am starting to think monk is not the best choice for PvE what with all the PvP buffs they are getting in 5.2. What do you guys think? Bare in mind with my PvE main I intend to do dailys, LFG, LFR, soloing old raids, and eventually do some heroic raiding... I'm just not sure if monk is the right class for that. What do you guys think?

It depends on your play style. Any class is good for PvE, it really comes down to you. I can do everything you posted up there and more on my WW monk, even find current 5.1 PvP very enjoyable. I can't get myself to play a death knight because it simply doesn't fit my personality.

Agree with the post above completely. All down to personal preference! Personally I love my WW monk, I do good dmg in raids and PvP is also a lot of fun. Both WW monk and DKs are suitable for the things that you want, its just all about which one you have more fun with

Deleted
    Most people would say bring the player, not the class. Windwalkers in my guild are performing well, we raid 25 man Heroic, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't play a Windwalker if you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Well, I decided not too long ago to make a PvE (Monk) main and a PvP (Death Knight) main. However, halfway through leveling my monk I am starting to think monk is not the best choice for PvE what with all the PvP buffs they are getting in 5.2. What do you guys think? Bare in mind with my PvE main I intend to do dailys, LFG, LFR, soloing old raids, and eventually do some heroic raiding... I'm just not sure if monk is the right class for that. What do you guys think?
    Monks and DKs are both good at this no problem. I use my monk for dailies and dungeons and such. I pretty much destroy stuff and I am in blues and greens.

Check out the Monk solo thread - I haven't tried any old raids myself but a lot of people have success with it.

In PVP my understanding is both classes are kind of glass cannons, just a different playstyle overall, gotta decide what you like best!

By the time you get to heroic raiding, it will be more about you as a player and less about the class, so I'd focus your decision on the stuff that will get you to that level of raiding.

I'm kind of confused at the reasoning here. Why would PvP buffs make Monks not as good in PvE?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I'm kind of confused at the reasoning here. Why would PvP buffs make Monks not as good in PvE?
    That's my first thought. Actually, the PvP buffs make us much more desirable in 5.2.

The only issue I've run into is that some guilds don't seem to realize what fights WW happen to be good for, and which fights they aren't. But that's just because I think some people are still ignorant of its strengths/weaknesses if they don't play the spec.

WW and MW are hella fun in pvp and pve! If you have the time, Gear up for both pve and pvp.