Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have to say her reaction to the news was interesting. Almost like she knew. If you ever find yourself sitting next to her you can try talking to her about it. I would be curious.

Now that #1 is solved it's on to #2. Have you tried having a private conversation with the teacher? Explain the problem your having tutoring and how she's causing it? Obviously, do it in a very nice way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I haven't read all the responds to your issues, so I am sorry if it has been already told.

Anyway, I will talk about your second issue... I am bad at math, it just doesn't work for me. However I want to be a drum teacher in the future, I know it is completly different thing. But, from what I've experieced, people learn trough things they already know. So if your student have problem understanding the current "object" you need to search for things she might not know or forgot. And sometimes creating funny examples helps people understand. As a teacher you have to be patient and laid back. When you show your frustration, your student will start to get frustrated too. This is probably the most common problem with teachers, they lack emphaty and take it overly serious if their student isn't reacting the way as he is "supposed" to.

That's some wise advice about frustration. I had remembered hearing that somewhere in the past and have almost forgotten it, but now have remembered it thanks to you

I don't plan on having a private conversation with the professor, there is nothing I expect to gain unfortunately. Her teaching has nothing to do with my tutoring anyways. She's also a college professor as well.