Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Illidan was a [Mage-Rogue] then a [Demon Hunter].
    What part of illidan was rogue'ish at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want my rogue as it is.

Hey, using this logic thread rogues should involve into Blademaster :
    We have a form of windwalk (stealth and sprint)
    We almost have illusions (look at glyph at vanish)
    We do have crits
    And while we don't have bladestorm it was ultimate so who cared about it (replace it with killing spree)

amidoingitright.jpg

But seriously, this is a terrible idea at this point, we have basically nothing that DH had. (except for evasion which was a passive --> all the classes have it, it's called dodge)

I think rogues require some fresh animations, revamped rotations in order to have each spec play a bit differently and a possible additional resource for each spec. I really wanna see sub rogues get their own unique gameplay feeling and some shadowy animations to go along similar to how shadow dance looks.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Hey, using this logic thread rogues should involve into Blademaster :
    Sadly, if you want a Blademaster, you are mostly hosed. It's clear that blademasters are considered warriors by Blizzard, though. Wind walk has been available as an enchant (but it's nowhere near what it would be in the game). The big reason you wouldn't use rogue as your blademaster thing is that wind walk is the only thing we can vaguely do, and it's nowhere nearly as interesting. The BM illusion trick isn't anything close to what we have (mirror image is obviously that one, and it's stolen from D&D mages anyway), and bladestorm is obviously granted to warriors (and is a good lot of damage).
    amidoingitright.jpg
    No, of course. If you want to be a mountain king, a tauren chieftain, or a blade master, warrior is your class. You wouldn't pick a dual wield light armor over these guys, but you might pick it for the dual wield light armor DH.

But seriously, this is a terrible idea at this point, we have basically nothing that DH had. (except for evasion which was a passive --> all the classes have it, it's called dodge)
    Evasion was an ability you paid for, and it granted you passive avoidance- up to 30%. We have 50% on call. I've gone over all the reasons why your best fit for demon hunter is rogue. Your best fit for the other obviously warrior hero classes is NOT rogue. Warden is about the other hero class you might try to model with rogue, and it's an even harder fit than DH.

Yeah, but no not really about your blade master argument. It was a lightly armored hero focused on agility. That is not the WoW warrior. And yeah I think his point is perfectly valid. You and others have pointed to DH's evasion which is really just dodge (only WC3 units baseline can't dodge) and that isn't really the equivalent to an active defensive ability. So yeah thats about as close a comparison as wind walk is to stealth->ambush. We have the BM's crit if you really want to count evasion. His sword proportion wise is probably roughly equivalent to my thunderfury. Light agile melee dps class, sure fits. I mean you are ignoring meta, manaburn, and immo aura for your DH to rogue comparison. He is ignoring the rest of the blademaster's abilities.

And another thing is you can fairly easily say that the BM doesn't actually have magic. Wind walk is basically stealth and mirror image, based on the animation where the BM rapidly moves and then splits, can easily be more of like an exaggerated optical illusion, where as conjuring up a ring of fire around you that burns your enemies is clearly magic and way out of rogue territory.

Deleted
    /facepalm... People still play rogues dude

I simply don't get the rogue = DH association; to me they look extremely different classes.

Also (as said by multiple people) the DH abilites are now spread to a multitude of classes, so i don't know how they can fit into the current class system.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Sadly, if you want a Blademaster, you are mostly hosed. It's clear that blademasters are considered warriors by Blizzard, though. Wind walk has been available as an enchant (but it's nowhere near what it would be in the game). The big reason you wouldn't use rogue as your blademaster thing is that wind walk is the only thing we can vaguely do, and it's nowhere nearly as interesting. The BM illusion trick isn't anything close to what we have (mirror image is obviously that one, and it's stolen from D&D mages anyway), and bladestorm is obviously granted to warriors (and is a good lot of damage).
    No, of course. If you want to be a mountain king, a tauren chieftain, or a blade master, warrior is your class. You wouldn't pick a dual wield light armor over these guys, but you might pick it for the dual wield light armor DH.
    Evasion was an ability you paid for, and it granted you passive avoidance- up to 30%. We have 50% on call. I've gone over all the reasons why your best fit for demon hunter is rogue. Your best fit for the other obviously warrior hero classes is NOT rogue. Warden is about the other hero class you might try to model with rogue, and it's an even harder fit than DH.
    So what you're saying is rogues can't be blademasters because they only share 1 passive (crit), and all other abilities are given away to other classes ? Hmmm... that sounds familiar.

P.S. If you really want to waste time and create a hero class out of rogues it's closest version is warden.
    Hide - Check.
    Fan of Knives - (sounds familiar) Check.
    Shadowblade - deadly throw + deadly + crip - check
    Blink - ~~ shadowstep / (mages blink is equally far from wc3 version as rogue's shadowstep) - check
    Sprit of Veng - Errr.... waiting for next expansion when we get battleres ?

P.P.S.
    If you consider windwalk to be boring, but evasion to be interesting you have some odd interestes...

Getting pretty tired of new class speculations. Maybe it's never intrigued me, but I didn't care when the Deathknight was announced, same goes to monk. Sure it's a cool idea to create new classes, but not this fast, and changing an already existing class is certainly never going to happen.

Deleted
    Not much merit in your idea. Besides, Rogue > DH any day of the week.