Page 1 of 3
LastLast

H Sha of Fear - stampede lag issue...help

I'm not sure if this is a 25 man issue, or everyone is having a problem but ...

Using stampede at any time other than the pull makes several people in the raid get lag so bad it's unplayable for them. It's happening on the platforms, and in P2. It's happening in both BM and SV spec, it's happening if we are using stampede glyphed or not. It's happening even if just one of us uses the ability. We even turned off all the pets buff abilities so there wouldn't' be extra "stuff" happening. It appears to be an issue on a variety of computers including a raider who has a brand new higher end one. It is not lagging either of the hunters. Out of the 25 people seems like 3-4 had a problem.

Anyone else having a problem? Anyone know of a solution? I know some hunters that lurk here have done (or are working on) this fight...Really sucks not to be able to use that ability.

EDIT... just saw this post from a few weeks ago, but no one seems to really have any answers... sorry to start a new thread, probably should have necro'd that one.
    Last edited by Bellatrex-Saga; 2013-02-08 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a 25 man issue, or everyone is having a problem but ...

Using stampede at any time other than the pull makes several people in the raid get lag so bad it's unplayable for them. It's happening on the platforms, and in P2. It's happening in both BM and SV spec, it's happening if we are using stampede glyphed or not. It's happening even if just one of us uses the ability. We even turned off all the pets buff abilities so there wouldn't' be extra "stuff" happening. It appears to be an issue on a variety of computers including a raider who has a brand new higher end one. It is not happening to either of the hunters. Out of the 25 people seems like 3-4 had a problem.

Anyone else having a problem? Anyone know of a solution? I know some hunters that lurk here have done (or are working on) this fight...Really sucks not to be able to use that ability.

May be it'll help if they lower their graphic settings. If it happens off the bat where Lust and every single person pop every single CD and spells and arrows flying everywhere...there's possibility to cause lag issue which lead to "unplayable" situation if your GFX is not as good and graphics settings are on ultra (from my previous experience before upgrading).

sha just lags... its part of blizzard tryin to get too fancy on an engine thats a decade old

if you have recount, try to disable it

i dont raid heroics, but when i used Stampede on that boss in LFR/normal i froze for the duration of the spell, untill i disabled recount. now its all fine.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

From what I understand, and what I'm told, the only way to stop the lag is to not use it.
    Not worth the dps for the 20 seconds of crazy lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    From what I understand, and what I'm told, the only way to stop the lag is to not use it.
    Not worth the dps for the 20 seconds of crazy lag.
    wow... just wow..

Deleted
    Had the same issue. I honestly never lag anywhere no matter what I do. I can get a group with 40 Hunters who all pop Stampede at the same time and nothing will slow down. However yesterday on Sha of Fear heroic 25 man I used Stampede on a platform, the result was my screen freezing for about 30 seconds, taking several Dread Sprays to the face, dying, and almost wiping the raid because our platform didn't go down as quick as it should have. After I got ressed I was terrified to use Stampede again so I held off on it until the final 3%. Adds were starting to pile up and we wanted to kill him quickly so I used all my cooldowns and Stampede. Let's just say my screen stopped freezing after all the loot was given out.

Happy with my fancy new title but I really wish I could actually see the boss die.

Also using recount. Was going to try Skada today but I don't think I'll be using Stampede at all anymore on Sha of Fear heroic.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-02-08 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Had the same issue. I honestly never lag anywhere no matter what I do. I can get a group with 40 Hunters who all pop Stampede at the same time and nothing will slow down. However yesterday on Sha of Fear heroic 25 man I use Stampede on a platform, the result was my screen freezing for about 30 seconds, taking several Dread Sprays to the face, dying, and almost wiping the raid because our platform didn't go down as quick as it should have. After I got ressed I was terrified to use Stampede again so I held off on it until the final 3%. Adds were starting to pile up and we wnated to kill him quickly so I used all my cooldowns and Stampede. Let's just say my screen stopped freezing after all the loot was given out.

Happy with my fancy new title but I really wish I could actually see the boss die.

Also using recount. Was going to try Skada today but I don't think I'll be using Stampede at all anymore on Sha of Fear heroic.
    For me it's random, sometimes it triggers the lag, sometimes it doesn't. The chance is fairly low at least for me, but when it happens.. ugh.. Screen freezes for like 5 secs at a time and then I can MAYBE get 1 shot off before another freeze.

Blizz needs to fix this, something is causing a lot of unnecessary actions and the reason can't be just because someone is using Recount/whatever. If summoning 5 pets at once is bad, how come Army of the Dead doesn't do anything? We even got 3 DKs as DPS in our raid and nothing happens when the Ghouls are summoned, and there's far more of them.

So far it has happened to us on:
    Garalon
    Amber Shaper
    Sha of Fear

We are 2 hunters on our guild, raiding 25 man and never had a complaint of lag on sha hc after using stampede. I'm guessing it's something else or server issue.

10m experience here. I've not yet experienced this issue. Also a skada user.

The odd thing is that neither myself nor the other hunter are the ones with the lag problem. Also, we have not had an issue with stampede on any other fight including normal Sha - although, I've never used stampede on a plattform in a normal run - I'm not sure why that triggers a problem but using it on the main platform at the pull - with MUCH more happening doesn't cause it. It also happens in the 2nd heroic phase.

Any 10 man guilds having this issue?

I just don't get why there is an issue to begin with and I'm sure that it isn't going to be high on their priority list to fix since the patch is out in a month (probably) and not many people will even see heroic Sha. Still.. it's just disappointing to not be able to use one of our big CDs.

Edit: I'll check to see if the people having problems are using recount or Skada. I suspect most everyone is on Skada though.

Edit 2: I'm 99% sure it's stampede because the lag complaints would happen every single time stampede was used.

Edit 3: at Warbringer - our first night of attempts on Sha, we had no problems with stampede usage. We were using it on the plattform and at the start of P2 and no one was complaining and then last night..it all went to hell.
    Last edited by Bellatrex-Saga; 2013-02-08 at 04:12 PM.

I was the one who started that other thread you linked. It's funny, because during the time I wrote that, I stopped using stampede during those fights (Sha/Amber Shaper). But now I've started using it again on those fights and it hasn't been a problem anymore. But then, just last night on Elegon, near the ending of the fight, stampede lag hit a few people again.

It's one of the most random and unpredictable things I've ever experienced really. I mean, when it happens, you know it's stampede. But tracking down when it's going to happen seems to be a crapshoot, in my experience. So generally what I've been following now is... always use it (obviously) and if it becomes a problem that night, on that boss, stop using it for that night/boss. But don't assume it will happen again next week, because it might not. YMMV, but that's been my experience.

Stampede-lag is something that seems very situational, and maybe has to do with some out of date addon?

In our 25m raids, sometimes people lag after using Stampede. I myself have also had a complete 10 sec freeze after using it. But it's such a low percentage of times it happens and to different people it's hard to figure out what exactly is causing it.

So far it has happend on Elegon Herioc, Sha of Fear normal, Lei Heroic and Garalon Heroic.

Stampede lag on Sha and Amber Shaper P3 can be stopped by pausing/turning off recount.

it's great when phase 2 starts and 3 hunters use stampede

then 5 minutes later we all use it again when there are a million adds

Deleted
    The lag is addon related, not stampede related. Always wipe your skada/recount after each pull.

It's definitely addon related. People in my raid always complain about it when Stampede is used on H Amber-Shaper and Sha, yet I have never experienced this. I don't run damage meters and everyone complaining about them do. Had the same issue on H Ultraxion back in cata and when people turned off their recounts, it was no longer causing lag.

I really hope it's as simple as the people with the issue using Recount instead of Skada.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 11:54 AM ----------

well it's not recount. one of the guys having a problem has a new computer and says he's using skada.

I really hope it's as simple as the people with the issue using Recount instead of Skada.

well it's not recount. one of the guys having a problem has a new computer and says he's using skada.
    It can probably be an issue with combat log in WoW(Where Skada/Recount take their info afaik) get a lag spike or something from the sudden pet increase and the addon tries to separate the actual Hunter pet from the summoned Stampede pets and gets confused.

Recount and Skada will both do it because they are both addons that read combat log info.