Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Recount and Skada will both do it because they are both addons that read combat log info.
    One of the people who was having a problem, told me that he does have recount installed, but he never has it on for raids - so I guess that isn't it either. It's really freaking irritating that it's a problem to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    People in my guild are also experiencing this problem. A few seem to have solved it by pausing Skada/Recount, but that hasn't worked for everyone. I haven't had any lag issues, even though my computer is in serious need of some upgrades. Maybe something to do with higher settings? I'm mostly on Fair with some Good and some Low.

I experience lag with stampede seemingly at random on any encounter in the game, whether its 40 people on galleon or myself vs. a daily mob. There's nothing wrong with my rig, I think the spell is just sort of bugged personally. There doesn't seem to be any similarities between the times it decides to lag and the times it doesn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never ever encountered this behaviour. Granted I raid 10m only, on LFR and the world bosses I've never seen this happen.

no problem with stampede lag for 10 mans on any fight. Most if not all use recount as well

well, I'm still stumped as to what the cause is. We had some of the people with lag problems turn off unnecessary mods and that seemed to help some. Our GM had decided to let the hunters go ahead and use the ability as we normally would... for now.

If anyone can narrow down specifically what mod it is that is causing the issue, I would love to know. I am pretty sure that it is not Recount or Skada, since we had the people with the lag issues turn those off and it was still happening.

I used to get crazy fps drops when I raided 25 player raids with recount running. Using skada was a lot better.... Dunno if that helps but ask the lagging people if they use recount at all and if they do ask them to try turning it off and see if it helps.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 04:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Recount and Skada will both do it because they are both addons that read combat log info.
    Recount used to lag me like crazy in 25 player raids. Skada did not.

Yup, mostly when people claim to have lag, it's in reality fps drops and not latency issues. Lag is solved by not sharing or using you internet connection for other things while you raid. FPS can go down the drain from numerous reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Recount used to lag me like crazy in 25 player raids. Skada did not.
    That's an issue with Recount having a high memory usage whereas Skada does not. The Stampede FPS drops are caused by addons that read/interpret combat log info.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Yup, mostly when people claim to have lag, it's in reality fps drops and not latency issues. Lag is solved by not sharing or using you internet connection for other things while you raid. FPS can go down the drain from numerous reasons.
    Lag is frequently used to refer to both fps drops and latency. Lag has a non-latency related definition as well (fail to maintain pace or keep up), so it's really not wrong, either, even if it is usually thought of as latency-related. It's generally pretty easy to view the context of the situation and determine which one a person is referring to. This one is pretty clearly not a latency issue and nobody was really arguing that.

Anyway, I've seen both people with and without Recount encounter this problem. The next week, no change, problem is gone. Next week, it's back. Can't hurt anyone having this problem to stop using Recount, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    sha just lags... its part of blizzard tryin to get too fancy on an engine thats a decade old
    I never lag on sha, I think it's the fact that people who only play wow haven't upgraded their computer in a while so the new more intensive stuff cause issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I never lag on sha, I think it's the fact that people who only play wow haven't upgraded their computer in a while so the new more intensive stuff cause issues.
    Actually my computer went through a full upgrade not that long ago. And don't think it's filled with cheap random parts from a scrapyard, the GeForce GTX 680 cost me an arm and a leg as well as the other parts.

There is something funky going on. Like I said before, I don't lag anywhere at all. But any of the platforms or in the 2nd phase/dread wastes part on Sha of Fear completely kills my FPS.

How many of you folks lagging use Recount?

I'm a hunter and i do lag myself on Elegon (50/50 lag/no lag), Sha of Anger (yes world boss - 100% lags every time i using stampede). Windlord - 50/50 lag.
    By lag i mean my fps drop from 50-60 to 10-20. I have good pc, so its not a hardware problem. And i'm using recount. Gonna try to disable recount on sha of anger after the reset to test.

So tonight one of our tanks that was having a FPS issue with stampede ran an addon CPU Broker that tells him what mod is acting up when stampede is used. It showed NOTHING. We have several computer guys in my guild, including the guy that writes DBM (so he is very familiar with how add ons and WOW run) and no one can figure out what is going on. The DBM guys said to try not running sound, and then someone tried that and it still happened....so those of us in Something Wicked are stumped. Maybe it is a bug afterall...

I know this is kind of a thread necro, but just wanted to pass along this info:

I complained in a PTR boss thread about stampede lag on a fight tonight and Watcher responded that they know it's an issue and are working to fix it and narrow down what the problem is.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...88739?page=1#8

STampede lags everyone no matter the comp, there is some issue with it. Poeple with 150 fps on sha lag out when all the hunters use stampede.

Hunter here. Who talks with Exodus people regularly as well. THERE IS and was confirmed by a dev on 5.2 PTR during raid testing. As it happens on many bosses in there the same bug as the Sha phase 2 one. Stampede causes intense lag for some people. No one has been able to confirm why stampede does this. The only way to stop is not to use it

Basically we stopped using it on our kill, however it should be a non issue. All the hunters used to lock up using it, we turned of skada/recount and it fixed it for us. I have heard people turning off RSA and MSBT and getting the same results. Basically any addon that is going into your combat log is an issue and has to be turned off or you have the chance for lag from this...which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a 25 man issue, or everyone is having a problem but ...

Using stampede at any time other than the pull makes several people in the raid get lag so bad it's unplayable for them. It's happening on the platforms, and in P2. It's happening in both BM and SV spec, it's happening if we are using stampede glyphed or not. It's happening even if just one of us uses the ability. We even turned off all the pets buff abilities so there wouldn't' be extra "stuff" happening. It appears to be an issue on a variety of computers including a raider who has a brand new higher end one. It is not lagging either of the hunters. Out of the 25 people seems like 3-4 had a problem.

Anyone else having a problem? Anyone know of a solution? I know some hunters that lurk here have done (or are working on) this fight...Really sucks not to be able to use that ability.

EDIT... just saw this post from a few weeks ago, but no one seems to really have any answers... sorry to start a new thread, probably should have necro'd that one.
    I had it when i used the stampede glyph and used my spirit beast. Turned out to be cats growling sound that caused the lag. Stopped using the glyph and the lag went away.