Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Please stop killing w.o.w.

    Blizzard i know you think you're doing the right thing by dumbing down wow, and making everything more childish, but you're killing the game, that's why you're down subs, stop it! Honestly how do you go from cata to this mop, seriously now, stop it.

  2. #2
    Oh. But I'm having fun.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,667
    And then there are the ones who still enjoy it...
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  5. #5
    MoP is way better then cata. and wow is probebly the most stable mmo out there atm. and if you don't like it anymore then don't play it.
    no1 is going to miss some1 who has joined to tell us this.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by oderusurngus View Post
    Blizzard i know you think you're doing the right thing by dumbing down wow, and making everything more childish, but you're killing the game, that's why you're down subs, stop it! Honestly how do you go from cata to this mop, seriously now, stop it.
    Well they made the game harder at the beginning of cata and they lost even more subs then.

    Harder ≠ Fun for a lot of people.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by oderusurngus View Post
    Blizzard i know you think you're doing the right thing by dumbing down wow, and making everything more childish, but you're killing the game, that's why you're down subs, stop it! Honestly how do you go from cata to this mop, seriously now, stop it.
    Cata was killing the game rather quickly, people bailed in droves starting 3 months after release until LFR and then they just plateaued. There is always an increase in subs right after a new release and then a slight dip following that. Still need a bit more time to tell if that recent drop is a downward trend or just the natural dip.
    I will be taking a break though, just too burned out on all the crap I do on my main.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,208
    Actually I'm pretty sure they're down subs mainly because of the economy implosion in 2008, plus some momentum. Server pops went down after that and some servers (like mine) never recovered and feel like ghost towns. CRZ actually makes it worse because you can't ginvite any of those people unless someone pays $25.00 to server xfer them.

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral Cryonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SYS 64738
    Posts
    1,033
    Dumbing down? Well imo for example demo lock is much harder to play correctly now then in earlier expansions. Even though I think the other expansions are much better then MoP I wouldn't go so far as to call it killing wow...
    ..:: Lvl 90's: 50 ::..

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,912
    I'm older now than I was when i started playing, my priorities have changed (I'd imagine the sames happened for alot of players) so no mater what changes Blizzard makes, it doesn't help the fact I can't put the same time into the game as I used to. I'm still enjoying the game and all the changes made, I have alot more choice now than I ever did, and it fits my life now, rather than me fitting my life around wow

  11. #11
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,520
    ...and you, OP, are a game analyst to know this? Apparently you don't even know that this isn't Blizzards forum.

    Oh..you didn't even know there was a thread that was answered...

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...own-that-much/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  12. #12
    Brewmaster ridish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,456
    you say "you" alot. The people on this forum is actually, belive it or not, working for blizzard. So if you got any problems or want to express your opinion about something regarding the game, the offcial forums would be a good place to start. I doubt however that you will revist this thread to read the replys because the thing is; you just wanted somewere to whine. Therefor this is a wasted effort on my part...

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Danmakus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Oh. But I'm having fun.
    so am i :>

  14. #14
    I love MOP. I've decided for everyone of these posts I see I will just counter it with the power of love.

    No really, I hated Cata. I got bored instantly. Now I have all kindsa fun things to grind my life away on! and the best part is all of its optional ;]

  15. #15
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,943
    I'm having more fun then I have in years, although there are aspects of the game I don't enjoy.

    If you want to provide feedback, do it on the Official Forums, because this sort of thread comes up every 30 seconds on MMO-Champion.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376
    Quote Originally Posted by oderusurngus View Post
    Blizzard i know you think you're doing the right thing by dumbing down wow, and making everything more childish, but you're killing the game, that's why you're down subs, stop it! Honestly how do you go from cata to this mop, seriously now, stop it.
    What on earth are you talking about, and when I say that I need concrete examples of said things being dumbed down, childish and them killing the game. I know of things I feel being dumbed down, but doesn´t mean its what you are talking about.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    4,640
    I think it is community killing wow, not blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Dumbing down? Well imo for example demo lock is much harder to play correctly now then in earlier expansions. Even though I think the other expansions are much better then MoP I wouldn't go so far as to call it killing wow...
    Demo was definitely much harder in cata...

    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I think it is community killing wow, not blizzard
    I think the gamer community in general is killing social games. The new generation of gamers almost entirely lacks a sense of respect, manners and fellowship.
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2013-02-08 at 08:06 AM.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

  19. #19
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,453
    Every expansion has made the game worse and worse. I loved vanilla, loved BC, liked wotlk, hated Cata, and really hate MoP. Everything's getting so simple, rotations are stupid easy and ridiculously boring, PVP balance is awful, and the raids are just repeat of old mechanics. Not to mention the community is shit because nobody has to worry about their reputation thanks to LFR and LFG.

  20. #20
    WoW has been on the decline since WotLK and it will keep going that way until it eventually does die. I have played since Vanilla and have had some fun moments on this game. With that being said WoW is getting old and while it still is the standard for MMO's it cannot keep it up forever. Compared to most other games out there it is still extremely fun. With that being said, it is only a shell of what it had been in the past. Hopefully ESO isn't a bust so I can go play that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •