Thread: LSD2 in 5.2 ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lap View Post
    True, however the poster in question tends to post a lot whilst knowing very little (and making it painfully, cringe-worthingly obvious to most readers). He does however have a point here and that is - dot dmg is weaker than it once was, but this does not mean the comp is 'bad'.
    It revolves around vort/beam kills now, with moderate dot pressure. A well-placed beam can also allow for some solid MG uptime, combined with DS/on-use trinket/SL - the pressure (in my exp) can be devastating.
    Well yeah, I can understand that the pressure from a Boomkin's burst can be amazing at some point, but I'm not sure that it will be enough to compete effectively in 5.2, especially with the buffs to DKs, rogues and monks, which have the most counters (save warriors) against warlocks and boomkins. Also with mages basically getting a 30% damage reduc against DoTs, the small perks that LSD2 currently brings will be worth even less.
    So although I agree with you that the comp can bring some great damage during burst, the window of opportunity for applying it is so small, and its counters are just too easy.
    I mean, a monk could basically negate all of your burst just by using Dampen Harm + Zen Meditation. And rogues are also getting more defensive utilities for their smoke bomb with the 20% dmg reduc (although I don't know how effective that'll be), which makes stacking less punitive when you say catch a dk/monk along with his healer in a single solar beam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Competent players, playing this comp will definitely be strong, 2.4 viable at the most. Rank 1 viable? No,(at least not on bg9) not with the upcoming surge in melee cleaves, ret rogue monks. We will see how warriors play out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... I clearly admitted I was wrong about moonfire/sunfire, and people still quote me on something I said earlier. You better make sure everything you say is 100% correct because I gonna jump on even the slightest thing that's incorrect now...

And nonetheless, every other thing I've said still remains correct. But hey, you know what, if LSD2.0 actually becomes viable, I'll make a nice post about how correct you were about everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, dot cleaves usually get better as the expac goes on, they are buffing aff locks and boomkins might get a buff?(though they are also getting nerfed, so we will see how it turns out.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    lsd will always be viable if you want to trip insanly hard Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Wow... I clearly admitted I was wrong about moonfire/sunfire, and people still quote me on something I said earlier. You better make sure everything you say is 100% correct because I gonna jump on even the slightest thing that's incorrect now...

And nonetheless, every other thing I've said still remains correct. But hey, you know what, if LSD2.0 actually becomes viable, I'll make a nice post about how correct you were about everything.
    don't make it about me m8 - if you really want you can keep tab of Vayuu-Barthilas next season, hopefully can prove its viability with solid rating
    Last edited by Lap; 2013-02-11 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xudam View Post
    What did you expect ?
    Drugs, sex and rock'n'roll i guess.