Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Pandaren Monk Serpent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,862

    Troll racial 5.2 - will it stay?

    8/13 bosses in the 5.2 raid will be classified as 'beasts'. Therefore, due to one of their racials, trolls will do 5% extra damage to them.
    My question is - do you think Blizzard will leave it be, or will they nerf it? (And: Does it even work against bosses in the first place? I'm assuming it does, but not entirely sure).

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Alceus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolf's' Den
    Posts
    3,640
    leave it be, it would be stupid to remove it.
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!
    Tauren Shaman - Pandaren Monk

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk Serpent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    leave it be, it would be stupid to remove it.
    Countless of arguments why the should though.
    Every single player in top guilds will reroll if their class allows it. And if they are Alliance, some may even faction change for this sole reason. Many other non-top players will as well. 5% is a lot. Ah well, I guess Blizzard wouldn't mind the extra cash tbh.

    Regardless, I'm hoping it will work. I'll be destroying the meters in my guild if that's the case.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Countless of arguments why the should though.
    Every single player in top guilds will reroll if their class allows it. And if they are Alliance, some may even faction change for this sole reason. Many other non-top players will as well. 5% is a lot. Ah well, I guess Blizzard wouldn't mind the extra cash tbh.

    Regardless, I'm hoping it will work. I'll be destroying the meters in my guild if that's the case.
    5% is the difference between you being average and you destroying meters?

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire lucizanito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    423
    Possibly three scenarios is:

    1) They keep it as is and put up with racial qq on their forums for this tier and whatever nonsense people want to complain about

    2) Nerf it to just 1% damage or 2% as they've done to some of the other racials

    3) Just declassify some of the bosses into not being beasts (This is more likely)

  6. #6
    no doubt it will be hotfixed to make the racial not effecting raid bosses

    there i saved any tryhard raider $40

    blizzard will leave it and then hotfix it during heroic progression
    Last edited by Edds; 2013-01-26 at 09:44 PM.

  7. #7
    Possibly nerf to 2% like the orc racial for bonus pet damage was, it used to be 5% pet damage now it's only 2%.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

  8. #8
    I can't believe people would go this far for one of the least played races in the game. Let be honest very few people will swap troll just for this.

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk Serpent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    5% is the difference between you being average and you destroying meters?
    5% is a lot. 100k -> 105k. 5k DPS. Besides, no one said anything about me being average...
    *cough*

  10. #10
    Those damage boosting racials are so stupid, you shouldn't get extra damage just because you rolled a orc or troll.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,870
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    And: Does it even work against bosses in the first place? I'm assuming it does, but not entirely sure.
    Yes it does.. It was confirmed by blue, back in Cata, when Magmaw was current content..

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    leave it be, it would be stupid to remove it.
    I disagree. 5% is too big to remain when the combat racials are already too powerful to be considered balanced.

  13. #13
    Here's hoping they wait until all the tops guilds faction/race change and THEN hotfix it. Maybe then people will stop wasting their money to be the flavor of the month.

  14. #14
    As someone in this thread already said, they should just make it so it doesn't affect raid bosses. Nerfing it down to 2% could be a possibility, but if they did that I would just rather have them trash it - trolls already have a worthless racial (dat health regen).

  15. #15
    Were paladins nerfed in ICC?

    Nope.

  16. #16
    or they just make it to not work in 5.2 raids :O

  17. #17
    We already have pandaren being the top DPS class and you haven't seen people mass reroll to them. Blizzard won't do anything about it because it doesn't matter. Deal with it for one tier that's all.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Were paladins nerfed in ICC?

    Nope.
    Paladins were with that percent and exo autocrits decent but still not way over the top.
    Anyways they should just make the bosses something else. Those 5% should stay for questing flavor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    We already have pandaren being the top DPS class and you haven't seen people mass reroll to them.
    Pandaren aren't the best choice for every class.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    5% is a lot. 100k -> 105k. 5k DPS. Besides, no one said anything about me being average...
    *cough*
    Your right off course, you are an exceptional whiner.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Pandaren aren't the best choice for every class.
    An additional 500+ to their top stat?

    Yeah, they are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •