Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Well that's a real pity, because whether or not their software should be changed should be between creator and purchaser. Pretty crazy that we live in a world where you can't even decide the terms under which you will sell your own product to willing consumers.
    And I fail to see what is so terrible that a person would have right to use the product they paid for as they wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Didn't something along these lines come up with Apple trying to claim jailbreaking was copyright infringement?
    It was Terms of Service.
    Apple was denied by the court.

I wish more games would employ TF2's mentality: you can buy all the shinies you want, but you can obtain them in the game, so all you're really doing is obtaining it quicker.

I refuse to fund micro-transactions; I've only spend $0.49 on TF2 to become a "Premium" member, and I got the game for free, so I can easily justify that. Now, if it was $60 and they wanted $20...that's not going to happen.

I can understand wanting to control multiplayer cheating, but single player? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I wish more games would employ TF2's mentality: you can buy all the shinies you want, but you can obtain them in the game, so all you're really doing is obtaining it quicker.

I refuse to fund micro-transactions; I've only spend $0.49 on TF2 to become a "Premium" member, and I got the game for free, so I can easily justify that. Now, if it was $60 and they wanted $20...that's not going to happen.

I can understand wanting to control multiplayer cheating, but single player? Really?
    I don't mind microtransactions in F2P games at all. They are rather neat way to support the developer whom's games you enjoy in any amount you wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe... Nice... Wait, so are they going to have any patches? You know, for the "real" bugs? lol

Or is that another deliberately made it that way thing?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Well, it's nice that they let common sense reign for a while, though I have no doubt it was after long thinking from the part of their Marketing/PR department. They know they need good PR within gaming community and this was one of the ways of getting it.