Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What if Divine shield

Hey everyone, about divine shield it has a long history of getting tweak/nerf around the course of WoW history.

What if they change it to reduce all dmg taken to 90% for 10 secs duration not 8 instead of immunity but making it 3 mins cd and undispellable/removable anymore and no longer has the 50% reduce dmg done penalty anymore will you be happy for this change?

Or would you rather remove the spell entirely and replace it with something offensive if so? what will you rather have instead?

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

Deleted
    What your asking for is basically a Shadow priest dispersion that lasts for 10 sec that's undispellable and lets you have 100% offensive capability on a 3 min cd.. yeah that wouldn't be broken. If they ever made anything like that it would have at least a 10 min cd and you wouldn't be able to use it in arena.

It is fine in its current model. It can be removed by a few classes, and your damage is reduced enough to make it worth popping. Leave it alone!

Divine Shield is so good because it makes you immune. I use it primarily to clear debuffs and stuns (1st boss in HoF trash says "hi").

A 10 second 90% reduce while retaining 100% offence that cannot be removed on a 3 min cooldown would be a very powerful ability, more powerful than the shield as is. Look at Shadow Priests with a similar spell. 90% reduction, cannot be dispelled, they cannot cast anything at all for the duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't misunderstand me guys I didn't say that it's current state is bad or not good at all in fact I love it and will always do since it's our iconic signature spell that define the paladin class. But what I meant if you want to to get changed or removed entirely and get something offensive what will you rather have? a dmg cd? or a very good snare? or an official gap closer like charge or death grip or shadow step thingy?

10+ Year Old Account
    They wont remove it. It would be like removing deathgrip from deathknights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    It's fine how it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bubble has to be the most overrated spell ever in wow. Im so sick of the idiots that pretend like it makes us unstoppable gods of pvp. I play a mage too, and I have never heard bitching about iceblock like I hear with bubble.

"LOL you had to bubble to bat me! n00b paly" -Double deterrence hunter.

Your suggestion would be vastly overpowered. 4 to 6 Seconds might be reasonable for a 90% damage reduction CD. Instead of removing it, make current bubble a talent, so we have the option of getting something else instead. I would sacrifice it for a talent with a longer duration weaker defensive CD, like 20-30% damage reduction for maybe 30 or 40 seconds, to discourage getting trained on. No more burst CDs though, we are already too reliant on burst.

Deleted
    The only "bad" thing i find on Divine Shield is the new animation that was implemented in MoP, its just absurd, i would really like to see the WC3 DS animation and not that "brighty" thing we have :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    The only "bad" thing i find on Divine Shield is the new animation that was implemented in MoP, its just absurd, i would really like to see the WC3 DS animation and not that "brighty" thing we have :/

Hahaha yeah the new mop animation glowing is like the spell screams PLEASE DISPELL ME ! :P

Would rather they swap the (totally invisible) Divine Protection animation with Divine Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    Bubble has to be the most overrated spell ever in wow. Im so sick of the idiots that pretend like it makes us unstoppable gods of pvp. I play a mage too, and I have never heard bitching about iceblock like I hear with bubble.

"LOL you had to bubble to bat me! n00b paly" -Double deterrence hunter.

Your suggestion would be vastly overpowered. 4 to 6 Seconds might be reasonable for a 90% damage reduction CD. Instead of removing it, make current bubble a talent, so we have the option of getting something else instead. I would sacrifice it for a talent with a longer duration weaker defensive CD, like 20-30% damage reduction for maybe 30 or 40 seconds, to discourage getting trained on. No more burst CDs though, we are already too reliant on burst.
    Yep, DS is the albatross around our PVP necks, speaking from Ret/Prot perspective. DivProt is pretty paltry in terms of dmg redux, and has to be glyphed more often than not to be useful in most situations (since wiz cleave/dot cleave is not as prevalent over mongoloid warriors/BM). The class is still renowned purely for "LOLBUBLE" as if it was some instant win button. Even though it's markedly useful in PVE (situationally, for certain specs more than others), the fact that it's so easily removed by 2 of the most common classes in PVP makes it vastly underwhelming. Especially compared to, say, deterrence, dark bargain, dispersion. Using it neuters our damage output, causes forbearance, and to top it off, we're lucky to get off 2 FoL's inside of it. Those 2 FoL's will entirely drain our mana, and heal for a total of about 120k.

Once bubble is gone, via timer or dispel, it's open season to train the ret.

Would LOVE to see it remain as a TALENT. Make the baseline ability a dispersion/block type mechanic:

Call it Divine Intervention (for old time's sake!): 3 min CD. The paladin places his faith in the Light, causing him to be shrouded in holy energy for 15 seconds. During this time, he can take no action, but all damage taken is reduced by 25% and causes the caster to be healed for 10% of the damage taken during the duration. Causes forbearance.

Would not prevent a tunnel (only 25% redux) but would allow for some pressure relief and moving to LOS. Could talent it to give an actual immunity (bubble) instead, but with the dispel rules as current. I dunno, probably over-complicated, but I too wish that we could give up this "unfair" advantage of bubble for something more easily balanced outside the 1300 bracket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    What if they change it to reduce all dmg taken to 90% for 10 secs duration not 8 instead of immunity but making it 3 mins cd and undispellable/removable anymore and no longer has the 50% reduce dmg done penalty anymore will you be happy for this change?
    Even with the 10 min CD suggested above, the model you're suggesting would make an OP tank cooldown. That would totally fuck up the tank balance. Not going to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd take your version, as it's overpowered. How it is now is good, though it's a shame it's so easily dispelled (warriors and priests everywhere).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I'll flat out say, don't change it at all. We need an "Oh shit" button too. Though I find it sad that it can be dispelled so easily, maybe put a chance to the dispell of them? So that a dispell as a chance to fail in PvP?

Don't like the version you said though, seems a bit off for me. It would be awesome for tank survival, but would make it a bit unfair on some other fights if other tanks can't produce as high survivability.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

When I have my trinket on cooldown.
    Often I activate my bubble just to dispel a fear effect on me and then I turn off the bubble after this.
    I mean I just use the bubble for 1 second. This always happens to me in duels and battlegrounds.

Out Bubble It's fine how it is. BUT.....
    What I trying to say, would be good have a New Bubble that just remove Fear or all debuff spell entirely on us , Like our Old Clease from Woltk , but can be activated on Fear and Charm. (Maybe sounds like a 2nd Trinket too OP? )

By the way, I hate that every time that I Activate my bubble in a Duel my opponent say me that im making cheating , and I end just saying , "man im countering your 5mins CD vs 5 mins CD from my use " ( Like Stampide vs Bubble for example).

The damage immunity is good because I take take suicidal jumps off mounts and see my character plummet ridiculous distances.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use it to remove debuffs and to hearth.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I wouldn't mind seeing it go to a 3min cd instead of 5mins.

It really isn't as strong as it seems honestly. WW Monks have Touch of Karma which is just as good in terms of stopping damage but also sends all damage back to the attacker. Touch of Karma is on a 1.5 min Cd meaning they can use it 3 times in the same time span we can use bubble once.

Touch of Karma can not be dispelled.