Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    when you zone in you zone in smack dab in the middle

  2. #22
    Didn't feel like any kind of brick-wall.

    Took us ~35 attempts to get a first kill and the 2nd kill took two attempts. Just get your best and most situational aware ranged raiders to handle the balls and make sure to use your first attempt in p2 to set up 3 proper ball-markings, the guy who have the ball when adds spawn, should have his marking placed dead-center in the room, from that point the adds will always be grouped up nicely.

    Not much rocket science to phase2, its just long.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2013-02-12 at 10:49 PM.

    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

  3. #23
    You'll have to adjust. If an add gets there slower, move toward it. Eventually you'll find a point where they're all grouped (enough) by the point you need to throw. When your thrower is the right place, put a marker down.

    Edit: regarding the exact center of the room

  4. #24
    hello again,
    we had around 50 pulls now on sha heroic and ppls getting used to moving in p1 and huddles/sprout/tanking cd's in p2
    so basically wednesday will be execute everything perfect and it will go down(I hope !)
    We had him to 9% yday (this was our best try, with some other around 13, 20, 25 etc etc)
    The only thing we where kinda struggeling with is the 'soft enrage'.
    At our 9% try we had the 1st wave of 8 adds and then ppls died like 5 sec after.
    How do you deal with this ? and what is the best dps dividement on the adds (we used Bl on 1st 7 pack and potions on 2nd, they died right in time when the other spawned then all swithced to boss and ignored adds)
    We running with 3 tanks and 7 healers, cause really with 6 healers huddles can be fucked up if 2 much healers are huddled.
    And btw, I ask no1 to slow the adds untill they run trough the boss as said above, but every try the middle player passes the light to 1 of the ppls standing next to the boss they get instant slowed, why is this ? no1 is applying slows 'they say' at that point, is it the mechanic itself that slows the adds?
    It is also very annoying the watersprout, I do not see a timer for this and I checked dbm and didn't see an option for a timer bar, or do I see it wrong ?
    Please some more help, thanks !!

  5. #25
    You can't really hope to burn the boss unless he's below ~80M hp. Take a look at what HP he goes from in the first submerge, when you have lust up - we usually push him to about 930M from 1040M or so, if I recall right. Thats approx what you'll be able to burn him when he's sub10% due to no lust, but added execute abilities.
    You just have to be really carefull about not throwing the ball more than neccessary when +8 are up. If you can't kill them in time, then you need to save lust/pots for when 8 are up instead of 7.
    Also, adds get a stacking run speed buff that resets whenever the light is thrown. Thats why they seem to be "slowed".
    You only get 5 huddles, 7 healers is dumb. 5 Heal it and use raid cds dependant on how many are huddled.
    He does an ability every 10 seconds in phase 2, one of either spouts, huddle, or strike. He can only use each ability once. Therefore, there's no actual spout timer, because it's random.

  6. #26
    5 healers, 3 tanks, have someone good call raid cooldowns depending on who gets huddled. Drop a mark in the center of your raid group as soon as you first get to Phase 2, and it will be very close to center. Save your best raid cd's for when you have waves of 8 if possible. When it's zergtime on the boss, stop throwing the buff around. Let the person die while an offtank gets aggro on them and just kite them around a bit if necessary.

    Our main issues with killing it were just keeping everyone awake long enough really. Unnecessary Phase 1 deaths from bolts/spray, and people sleeping during Waterspout, were the only real cause of our wipes once Thrash cd's got fixed. Even with 3-4 healers huddled you can stack some cd's and have your sp's and moonkins hymn/tranq and get through it.

    Just get the strat right, then try to make everyone stay awake for 20 minutes, and GG. Fairly disappointing final boss for a tier imo.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sakkdaddy View Post
    5 healers, 3 tanks, have someone good call raid cooldowns depending on who gets huddled. Drop a mark in the center of your raid group as soon as you first get to Phase 2, and it will be very close to center. Save your best raid cd's for when you have waves of 8 if possible. When it's zergtime on the boss, stop throwing the buff around. Let the person die while an offtank gets aggro on them and just kite them around a bit if necessary.

    Our main issues with killing it were just keeping everyone awake long enough really. Unnecessary Phase 1 deaths from bolts/spray, and people sleeping during Waterspout, were the only real cause of our wipes once Thrash cd's got fixed. Even with 3-4 healers huddled you can stack some cd's and have your sp's and moonkins hymn/tranq and get through it.

    Just get the strat right, then try to make everyone stay awake for 20 minutes, and GG. Fairly disappointing final boss for a tier imo.
    SP's do not have hymn anymore <.<.

  8. #28
    We finally got it last week, thanks to this thread for various suggestions :>

    I think total we put in 60 attempts? Not too taxing, but good to get out of the way before 5.2.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    That number will change very soon. Just sayin / hugs n kisses Loco Motives.
    Grats on the kill, ours will be inc tonight ! =D

    Edit : 4 shot today lol, sha is EZ when you have all 3 cr's available for tank fails in last phase and once dps devidement comes together it's pretty simple to get the "soft" enrage
    anyways thanks for the help every1 that replyed
    here is today's logs : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-e15y81qjlcu8pigd/
    Pretty muched trolled HoF after
    Last edited by xenoxl; 2013-02-20 at 10:16 PM.

  10. #30
    Quick question (25H) : how are you supposed to manage a "ball + emerge on you" combo ? The emerge area is quite big and i don't have much time to decide if it's safe to throw the ball to one of my friends and still have time to leave. Right now, as a warlock, i'm simply using dark pact (temp immune then 50% dot) but i'd love to get other ideas or advice to manage this "better". Thanks in advance.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    Quick question (25H) : how are you supposed to manage a "ball + emerge on you" combo ? The emerge area is quite big and i don't have much time to decide if it's safe to throw the ball to one of my friends and still have time to leave. Right now, as a warlock, i'm simply using dark pact (temp immune then 50% dot) but i'd love to get other ideas or advice to manage this "better". Thanks in advance.
    Preferably you should have your mages throwing the ball since they can blink/block or a hunter with detterance. I'f thats not an option I don't know really, you have to be really quick in that case.

  12. #32
    I think our Warlock just teleports out of Emerge when that happens.

  13. #33
    Shadow Priests also work.

    We basically one shot it this week, once we got the DPS assignments of who starts on spawns at which wave. That and getting the middle marker finally figured out.

    After those are figured out, the fight is almost laughable. We wipe more on Zorlok :P

  14. #34
    Yesterday evening, we brought him to sub-1% (12M actually). Thing is, i died while doing the ball, at 20%, it seems like i pressed the macro a little too late, and that happened when no more combat rez were available. For the last 10 hours night, i woke up quite a few time with my belly aching, and i still feel like i'm gonna hang myself.

    I know we go back there tonight (and all of next week should we need it), but i feel so bad at the moment... I seldom fail at things, but this time not being trustworthy just kills me inside, i know/hope all 24 other member will forgive me, but that just ... *hurts*.

    Sorry for the useless post, but i had to let it out :|

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    Yesterday evening, we brought him to sub-1% (12M actually). Thing is, i died while doing the ball, at 20%, it seems like i pressed the macro a little too late, and that happened when no more combat rez were available. For the last 10 hours night, i woke up quite a few time with my belly aching, and i still feel like i'm gonna hang myself.

    I know we go back there tonight (and all of next week should we need it), but i feel so bad at the moment... I seldom fail at things, but this time not being trustworthy just kills me inside, i know/hope all 24 other member will forgive me, but that just ... *hurts*.

    Sorry for the useless post, but i had to let it out :|
    2nd night on vizer 0.3 0.2 and 0.1% whipes in last 5 attempts to end the night. Missed bubbling on 1 wasted bubble on other 2 to stupid shit I should have avoided but bubbled through I know the feeling
    Mohots---Main
    Molife ---Alt
    Monopaly---Alt/old Main

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    Sorry for the useless post, but i had to let it out :|
    WE'VE JUST KILLED IT, I'm so freakin happy now

    Thanks for all the advices, they were of great help !
    Kartov, 1/13 25H, gnome warlock from Eclipse @ Eu-Dalaran (FR)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •