Question Could a Blue please explain?

Hey can you please tell me why you are trying to balance all classes to have equal dps when melee are clearly disadvandaged in most fights?

Most sims suggest that ranged classes are way out infront and also have the advantage of higher uptime on many boss fights?

I understand the psychology of ` everyone wants too be a winner` but its a game, people will win and lose.

I am talking pve here btw.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tangsour; 2013-02-08 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Blues might read your post but they will never respond in here, there was a time some blue posted in here but he only have 1 post count.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Baffles me as to how many posts this guy has made asking blues/gms for a response and he still doesn't realize...

Deleted
    There are two(?) blues they answer forums posts here. But that's normally for bug reports etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think you are going to get a blue response on MMO champion. Likely you wouldn't get a response to this on blizzard's actual forums either.

If you understand the psychology of everyone wants to be a winner and it's a game where some people will win and some will lose, than you have to accept that maybe you're the one going to lose. However it's not fun when you're on that end of the stick is it.

Yes melee are at a fair disadvantage in group settings, it's unfortunate but that's life. Melee however moves better with a boss (for example, I never have to stop my dpsing while moving on my frost DK where heavy movement sucks for my boomkin) and tend to have better mobility skills to compensate.

Melee's DPS generally is above Caster's DPS (except for 1 or 2 overpowered specs) to compensate for movement and such. On a pure stationary fight, melees would wreck casters.

Quote Originally Posted by tangsour View Post
    but its a game, people will win and lose.
    First of all, asking for a blue post here is like asking a professor from another college what your homework assignment was.

But, regardless, I'll bite.

PvE is a group effort. Yes, there is internal competition amongst the damage dealers in a raid because everyone wants to top the meters for bragging rights, the only winning or losing in PvE is if your raid downs a boss or it wipes. Everyone on that team must do their equal part. If a class can't be expected to perform within a certain range, dictated by the most powerful damage dealing classes, then there is zero reason to bring them to a raid instead of someone of that other class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Baffles me as to how many posts this guy has made asking blues/gms for a response and he still doesn't realize...
    He does, he just ignores it.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    He does, he just ignores it.
    Yeah i posted the same question in many places, I`m just hoping to get lucky in 1 of them

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Melee's DPS generally is above Caster's DPS (except for 1 or 2 overpowered specs) to compensate for movement and such. On a pure stationary fight, melees would wreck casters.
    Should is kinda the point.

If you would like an official reply from Blizzard then you should post on their official forums which can be found here:

US
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/

EU
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/

MMO-Champion is just a World of Warcraft fan site and not an official Blizzard website