Poll: Which of these three the hardest pre all hotfixes and nerfs?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Magtheridon, Vashj, Kael'thas - pretty much impossible before fixes. Whole SSC and TK in 2.0 were... broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ragnaros with ease, C'Thun was bugged and impossible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Magtheridon, Vashj, Kael'thas - pretty much impossible before fixes. Whole SSC and TK in 2.0 were... broken.
    I remember Kael Thas first kill was after patch 2.1 with the Black Temple.

Meaning Blizzard released a raid no one could even enter to start with because Kael Thas wasn't killed yet.

Deleted
    There have been quite a few before blizz started sticking them on PTR. I guess Blizzards QA department has less than 40 people in it, or less than 40 decent players.

Deleted
    Yogg + 0 takes the cake, after that heroic LK with Ragnaros being equal, C'thun, while not being easy was just broken, also, vizier hc is imo nowhere near as hard as those 3 i mentioned, i don't see blizzard fixing an impossible boss as nerfing it.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-02-09 at 03:01 PM.

C'thun shouldn't be a choice in the poll as it wasn't nerfed, it was fixed to become possible, as stated many times in the thread.

C'thun doesn't count, so HC ragnaros out of those.

C'thun is a rather unfair example of 'super tough boss.' At AQ's release, he was bugged and unkillable.

10+ Year Old Account
    C'Tun was bugged and impossible it was a fix not nerf.

HC Raggy was the hardest boss wow has seen thus far.

C'thun by far, although some say he was mathematically impossible I don't think so, since nihilum got him to 1% BEFORE the hotfix. Just EXTREMELY unforgiving of human error.

Fyi, there are ALOT of bosses that are 10 times harder than imperial vizier hc and FL ragnaros hc -.- both yogg 25 +0, LK25hc and oh, vanilla naxx leaps to mind. PRetty much all end bosses in TBC were also alot harder, albeit bugged to some extent when they were released, especially vashj. And lets not ever forget M'uru
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-02-09 at 03:08 PM.

C'thun was not almost impossible, he was indeed unbeatable in his first form. Not a matter of challenge, but of underdevelopment by Blizzard.

Other remarkable cases of overtuned bosses are:

- Vashj
    - Kaelthas
    - M'uru
    - Imperial Vizier

All of them required a fix not long after their launch so that people could beat them.

And there was Sinestra, which was actually broke, not even a case of overtuned boss.

Don't recall if Yogg 0 required a fix as well, but I do remember the first kill was exploited.

And LK 25 was only beaten at 5% nerf, but I also don't recall him being fixed as well.

As people have said, C'thun was easy pre-nerf, but impossible pre-fix. There's a difference between a nerf and a fix.

Deleted
    I don't know if this has been said yet, but C'thun was impossible to kill before the fix.

Oh wait, it has..a gazillion times.

I remember that only one guild managed to kill LK 25 heroic without the % damage buff and they had BIS ICC gear.

didnt paragon say before they nerfed the add spawnrate + other things, heroic sha would have been the hardest boss ever made in WoW?

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    I remember that only one guild managed to kill LK 25 heroic without the % damage buff and they had BIS ICC gear.
    no one killed him without the % damage buff i believe. paragon got it at 5% i think

Deleted
    Voted for rag out of those since C'thun was impossible, thus not "almost unbeatable".

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    didnt paragon say before they nerfed the add spawnrate + other things, heroic sha would have been the hardest boss ever made in WoW?

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 11:57 AM ----------

no one killed him without the % damage buff i believe. paragon got it at 5% i think
    nope paragon got him 0% months later, the only recorded 0% kill in wotlk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y2mgEAe0hY

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    nope paragon got him 0% months later, the only recorded 0% kill in wotlk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y2mgEAe0hY
    and when they did that, they had the BIS gear from ICC + all of 284ilvl weapons.

I don't see how C'thun belongs on the list, he was unbeatable, so I voted for heroic rag, though other bosses (LK) belong on the list too.

C'thun the other two don't even compare.