Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Titan Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    11,882
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Pandaren and the idea's for their culture predate the move Kung Fu panda. Kung Fu panda was released in 2008, and the Pandaren were originally going to be released in 2007. Just because they are a fun loving peace loving culture doesn't make them Disney let alone why is Disney bad in the first place? Avengers is Disney, Iron man is Disney, all the latest Marvel movies are Disney. A lot of the classic Disney movies deal with orphanage after someone is murdered (Bambi, Fox and the Hound) and two of the darkest are Black Hole and The Black Cauldron.

    Why is Disney an Insult again? If you are going to insult and hate on the expansion at least do it with a little bit of validity.
    For the same reason that if you want to insult an English teacher, you say 'English is a Mickey Mouse subject'.

    And while Pandaren predate Kung Fu panda, they were concieved of as a joke. I haven't taken the Panda-related crap in this expansion very seriously.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  2. #162
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Song of Liu Lang is in Chinese. Therefore Pandaren speak Chinese.
    It's not in Chinese. It's just a random old and forgotten language they cooked up. It's not current-day Pandaren speak anyway.

    And to the people saying Pandaren are too Disney, I hate to disagree. Disney movies by reputation are much much darker if you take a step back and look at them - it's one of their main plot devices.

    Click Alexander and Cassima for the RuPaul's Drag Race [TV] Fan Thread!

  3. #163
    This is one of the stupidest complaints I have ever seen.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    i thought it was a beta thing. like varian wrynn saying "hayy guurrll" to new female panda players after picking stormwind as your faction
    OMG, is that true? Lol, now that's something they should have left in XD.

  5. #165
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    For the same reason that if you want to insult an English teacher, you say 'English is a Mickey Mouse subject'.

    And while Pandaren predate Kung Fu panda, they were concieved of as a joke. I haven't taken the Panda-related crap in this expansion very seriously.
    Calling something Mickey Mouse is not the same as calling something Disney. Disney is a multifaceted company with some very dark films (A space film where the captain turns his crew into zombies and flies into a black hole ending up in Hell. An animated film where the main villain is based on Satan and shows some graphic violence) They also have hugely successfully and awesome films like all the recent Marvel movies and now Star Wars.

    Its an insult that doesn't fit, just like your usage of Mickey Mouse. Since you know he is a widely loved figure that has made billions over the years. Does it really matter how the original idea for Pandaren were thought up as? What matters is what they are now and it is far from a April fools joke. However even with all the joke references to them the RPG (which isn't Cannon) and the artwork has always had a non joke manner to them.

    Why wasn't Cataclysm a joke expansion for adding goblins and all their joke and stupid references?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #166
    Brewmaster twistedsista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A 5 minute walk from the beach.
    Posts
    1,370
    mickey mouse is an insult used here in the uk, mate. its probably been lost in the culture. if someone supports what you would personally conceive to be a lesser football club than yourself, its termed as a mickey mouse club. its just the way it is, like it or lump it. its the same with what would be considered lesser cup competitions. the europa league & what used to be the intertoto cup as mickey mouse competitions.
    Last edited by twistedsista; 2013-02-24 at 03:40 PM.

  7. #167
    Stood in the Fire Zenora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In a van near you!
    Posts
    449
    ive not seen it before nor used it before but i think it would look funny to use once or twice and then never again

  8. #168
    Wait, RPing fat, food loving Pandas straight out of Kung Fu Panda is OK, but you draw the line at saying nom nom?

    Where does the fact that one of the races landed on a rocket ship straight out the Jetsons lie?

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    I think its quite funny tbh ;p

    because it's really all they do anyway!
    Hah !

    Nice.

  10. #170
    Omg i thought mop was fantastic, but this changes everything.

    Better go unsubscribe right away.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by taek View Post
    Wait, RPing fat, food loving Pandas straight out of Kung Fu Panda is OK, but you draw the line at saying nom nom?

    Where does the fact that one of the races landed on a rocket ship straight out the Jetsons lie?
    1. There's more to the Pandaren than 'lol kung fu pandaz!!11!!!'
    2. Those traits come from real life pandas. Kung Fu panda did not make it up, and Samwise's ideas predate kung fu panda anyway. And neither of them are the first people to have pandas doing kung fu. It's just a combination of an anthropomorphic chinese animal doing chinese martial arts.
    "If you have to believe it on faith, you have no reason to believe it at all.” Aron Ra

  12. #172

  13. #173
    People are actually mad about nom nom nom.

    lol.

  14. #174
    trassk got banned?? guess there wont be "i hate garrosh" posts anymore

    Infracted. Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2013-02-26 at 01:10 PM.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Panda 1: "Oom Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom?"
    Panda 2: "Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom!"
    Panda 1: "NOM NOM NOM, nomnomnomn"
    Panda 2: "Ooooom nom nom nom"

    This, is by far one of the most annoying things currently in wow for me. To anyone whos not an rper they probably don't care much, but as an rper, seeing this joke played on by blizzard with there racial language barrier, if any perpetuation of what is childish about pandaren was ever present, its this it.

    It feels like when any other race is talking in there racial language, that the the devs put some thought into it, tauren, troll, draenei, forsaken, seemed like they made the effort. This however, when trying to rp with someone, its worse then having someone coming to troll your event, because its consider a legitimate language?
    No surprise there. Pandas are silly and childish.

  16. #176
    Herald of the Titans LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    2,924
    I think it is amusing. Especially as a Mage I can speak in it and confuse people. Really hardly anybody uses languages anyway, and if they used crap like "Xin cao win ching" they would be called racists.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    No surprise there. Pandas are silly and childish.
    So is the game, it's been like this since classic. What's the big deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Funny story, my last gf was a lot younger than me, she kept calling me a pedophile. I was like "lol that's a big word for a 6 year old."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I asked my dog how it likes to be fucked and it said, "Ruff."

  18. #178
    Mechagnome TrollShaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Echo Isles
    Posts
    511
    I didn't realize the Pandaren (and Mogu) language are... variants of nom nom.
    I think it's humorous, but I hope Blizzard has plans to change it in the future (unlikely but any man can hope)

    Troll altoholic | Windrunner and Barthilas Horde

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •