Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Bloodsail Admiral WarpKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,087
    Yes, every damn time. No matter if I'm on my 503 geared Blood DK or my shitty ass blue and green scrub mage or warrior.

    Very annoying.

    Try to only queue with guildies as a result.
    Death's cold embrace awaits.

  2. #122
    The Lightbringer Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,746
    I have carried the DPS in a lot of random dungeons, but that's mostly because I've run them out of sheer boredom on my overgeared fury warrior. Don't have an active account right now, but I did this a lot in Cataclysm and Wrath. On a 404 item level fury warrior near the end of Cataclysm, I outgeared the majority of players who grouped with me in dungeon finder. I know it's not ALL about gear (and in fact there are a lot of bad players who couldn't keep up with me on my shit-geared Warlock alt either), but your average-geared player who recently hit 85 and was trying to get some gear from heroics had no chance of keeping up with that.

    I didn't mind carrying groups though. I wasn't doing it to show off or be a dick or anything, but complete boredom. I was usually the first to jump on board if guildies just hit 85 and wanted someone to run randoms with them. Most people didn't complain, since I wasn't taking any of the stuff that dropped.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-02-09 at 03:58 AM.

  3. #123
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,936
    OP has a point. I often feel the same.
    Just yesterday i was dealing 50k dps more than the second in place, a mage in almost full epic gear. And i'm not all that good, with just LFR/valor stuff.
    Not to mention tanks/healers in scenario. Taking AGESSSS.

  4. #124
    In my main hunter, 510 ilvl? yes, ofc I carry the team for a easy and fast heroic.
    On my alt, a frost dk, 460 ivl? I still carry ppl with higher ilvl than me.
    Srsly, there are ppl with nearly 500 ilvl that do squat dmg for the gear they have, and ppl with 470+ doing 15k- dps. I mean, 15k- dps. W T F .
    I don't think it's showing off if you have a lot of gear and do 70% of dmg overall, it just means that the hc will be a fast one. But that doesnt mean the the other 2 dps should slack or do less than a disc priest.
    I mean, queueing as a disc priest, doing a random hc full pug, and finishing bosses at 2nd place dps... vs ppl with some epics (so not freshly dinged)...
    What I mostly see are dps that have no knowledge of how to do dps in that character. Using the wrong glyphs, talents, no gems nor reforges (seeing frequently hunters with no expertise), hunters /locks leaving pets with taunt on, dks doing a "rotation" of diseases and death strike, you see everything on these random hcs.
    I usually don't say anything, because most of the times i said something to make them understand what they were doing wrong, they usually either ignore or insult me.
    One example, a hunter doing lousy dps, I see he's not using his pet(him being BM):
    "hey hunter, you have your pet in passive, and you are BM."
    "Fuck you, I don't care."
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2013-02-09 at 01:56 PM.

  5. #125
    I am Murloc! Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    5,118
    I remember having warlock 497 in random dungeon que. He claimed that he is doing all job and when he was in quest greens he did 50k single target dps. He died (because healer "lagged" when warlock was standing on shadow-orb-thingie-before-last-boss) and we kicked him out of dungeon while he was swearing at healer for being scrub.

    Oh, and yesterday i did 5-8k DPS in my tank gear as boomkin on 89 lvl alt. I am so bad at this game.

    I just want to point out, that doing more dps is not equal to carrying the dungeon. Healing ass out of 4 melee without tank (having ret qued as tank to get instant proc) is carrying, not doing more damage. There is no enrage timers, and no one dies in dungeons becaouse of lack of dps.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-02-09 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sounds like you would get a kick out of showing off towards weaker people. My question is rather..why are you boasting about what you do with an ilv of 497 in content that is designed for ilv 450? Shouldn't you be in Hardmode raiding? Tell us how you carry your guild there towards beating heroic Sha of fear for example.
    So many I would like to comment on but - I wish there was a like/dislike button in these forums.

    This one I like a great deal, but I think the answer is someone like to be the BIG man among low geared people, probably the boost his ego needs

  7. #127
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    In my main hunter, 510 ilvl? yes, ofc I carry the team for a easy and fast heroic.
    On my alt, a frost dk, 460 ivl? I still carry ppl with higher ilvl than me.
    Srsly, there are ppl with nearly 500 ilvl that do squat dmg for the gear they have, and ppl with 470+ doing 15k- dps. I mean, 15k- dps. W T F .
    I don't think it's showing off if you have a lot of gear and do 70% of dmg overall, it just means that the hc will be a fast one. But that doesnt mean the the other 2 dps should slack or do less than a disc priest.
    I mean, queueing as a disc priest, doing a random hc full pug, and finishing bosses at 2nd place dps... vs ppl with some epics (so not freshly dinged)...
    What I mostly see are dps that have no knowledge of how to do dps in that character. Using the wrong glyphs, talents, no gems nor reforges (seeing frequently hunters with no expertise), hunters /locks leaving pets with taunt on, dks doing a "rotation" of diseases and death strike, you see everything on these random hcs.
    I usually don't say anything, because most of the times i said something to make them understand what they were doing wrong, they usually either ignore or insult me.
    One example, a hunter doing lousy dps, I see he's not using his pet(him being BM):
    "hey hunter, you have your pet in passive, and you are BM."
    "Fuck you, I don't care."
    Gems, Enchants and especially Reforges are overrated, in WotLK reforging didn't even exist and people did fine. It's no excuse for their low dps. I'm sure I can do more than 100k dps without any gems and reforges. This can be easily tested by taking 1 item like your helmet off, which is the equivalent of having no gems/enchants.
    Those low dps players are either lazy or don't know how to play. Glyphs don't really effect dps anymore either since MoP. The game has become so simplified.

  8. #128
    Sometimes I'm the MVP of a Dungeon, and other times, I may be the one that sucks really bad. There are so many variables to this game, and since we all aren't robots, performance varies.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Gems, Enchants and especially Reforges are overrated, in WotLK reforging didn't even exist and people did fine. It's no excuse for their low dps. I'm sure I can do more than 100k dps without any gems and reforges. This can be easily tested by taking 1 item like your helmet off, which is the equivalent of having no gems/enchants.
    Those low dps players are either lazy or don't know how to play. Glyphs don't really effect dps anymore either since MoP. The game has become so simplified.
    There are some exceptions, like a meta gem does some difference, reforges make you hit capped, gems can help you with caps as well.
    About glyphs, shadow priest have glyphs that increase their dps.

  10. #130
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I remember having warlock 497 in random dungeon que. He claimed that he is doing all job and when he was in quest greens he did 50k single target dps. He died (because healer "lagged" when warlock was standing on shadow-orb-thingie-before-last-boss) and we kicked him out of dungeon while he was swearing at healer for being scrub.

    Oh, and yesterday i did 5-8k DPS in my tank gear as boomkin on 89 lvl alt. I am so bad at this game.

    I just want to point out, that doing more dps is not equal to carrying the dungeon. Healing ass out of 4 melee without tank (having ret qued as tank to get instant proc) is carrying, not doing more damage. There is no enrage timers, and no one dies in dungeons becaouse of lack of dps.
    You know i can carry a bad healer aswell. I'm a paladin afterall.
    60+ % of DPS and 35%+ of healing done while tanking is common.

    Thankfully the ratio of healers who complain or just suck is 1/15 and a rare occurance. Sadly the dps are usually always subpar or don't try.

  11. #131
    The Patient Thornvale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    283
    I'm too scared to do heroics because I'm still in levelling greens with a couple of epics. Tried a scenario and my DPS was horrendous compared to the full-geared guys. So, nah.

  12. #132
    So you're in full epics, and you're doing content designed for people in questing blues and greens to get gear to get to epics, and you're complaining that you're being grouped with people in questing greens and blues?

    I feel like I'm missing something.

  13. #133
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,661
    I'm late to this party but when I group up with someone if everything goes down in a reasonable amount of time, I could not care less about who is carrying whom. If you in your 497 epics think that fresh 90's are going to play as well as you with the same amount of experience, you need a reality check. Someone in greens or blues could play at the top of their game and you'd still likely be carrying them nor do I doubt for a moment that you would realize that they're doing the best they can with what they have. Nonetheless, there are all sorts of skill levels in the game and it would be exceedingly boring to group up 100% of the time to run dungeons with people in the absolute best gear and with skills to match.

    You sound like you should be really running challenge dungeons to be honest. If you're that damn good, then the gear won't make any difference in those.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  14. #134
    Warchief Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    2,226
    When i que with my 486 blood dk i carry, but blood dk is kinda OP in 5mans
    And i dont mind as long they do as they r supposed too.
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well to be honest, I was scratching my head as well, when viewing recount of my dungeon runs, asking my self what these people are doing.
    It was only when I entered them with my hunter alt that I realize how F*** massive the difference in DPS between blue/green stuff and full epic is.
    The gap never has been this large.
    This is how it used to be. And because of this old content used to remain relevant as you have to gear up through an area to be able to achieve the avoidance/defense/dps/healing necessary to make it to the next raid. There used to be A LOT more dungeons back then as well as actual progression through 5 mans.

    Except Blizzard set a precedence for people being able to jump straight into the latest tier upon hitting max level and spamming dungeons for the last two expansions. Expect people to be PISSED BEYOND BELIEF come 5.2.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-02-09 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    So you're in full epics, and you're doing content designed for people in questing blues and greens to get gear to get to epics, and you're complaining that you're being grouped with people in questing greens and blues?

    I feel like I'm missing something.
    u missed that at this time of expansion most decent players are alreayd faar past hc dungeons and those who are doing them could be for example still learning how the game mechanics work >< i bet all of those who claim how they carry weaker players were so pro since day one they started to play >< (said from perspective of monk dps whos doin usually 45-60% overall dmg done - but i never complain no point >< ) Not everyone who is playing this game knows all stuff he should know and this is hwy hes doin dungeons - to learn to play better and to gear up . And if u want fast run for fast vp for the cap- just drag the group through them ><

  17. #137
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    I'm too scared to do heroics because I'm still in levelling greens with a couple of epics. Tried a scenario and my DPS was horrendous compared to the full-geared guys. So, nah.
    If your item level is high enough for 5man heroics, you're ready for 5man heroics.

    There's nothing to them. Read up a bit on the mechanics if you're that worried about them. I've healed for groups where the highest DPS was the tank at around 35k boss dps. It was slow, but we still won. This is the gear level the content was designed for. Don't listen to the epeeners.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  18. #138
    Since I stopped raiding about a month ago, I've mainly been using the daily HC/scenario to VP cap each week. It is extremely rare to get anyone anywhere near my gearlevel, so I guess most raiders go with guild groups or cap trough CMs (which is really quick valor btw!). I don't mind at all me doing 75%+ of the groups damage, the full run might take 5 minutes longer but so what. I'm happy to help. Only complaint I got so far was when I tanked a Scarlet Halls run on my DK and the healer cursed at me from healing too much since he felt worthless. He left after 2nd boss with some rude comments.
    These groups would for sure finish the heroic just fine without me, I'm just speeding it up a bit and it's all good.

    But really, it's definately not all about gear. Go to Brawlers arena and have a look at the full raidfinder/valor gear people hitting enrage on the rank 1 bosses. I have no calculations for this, but I'm pretty sure this means they are pulling below 25k dps, on a single target fight, with pretty much all class cooldowns avalable. At the same time take a look at how many of these people die to the bosses with just one very simple mechanic. Multiple times. I'm not gloating over other people's mistakes, I'm just quite suprised how unaware one can be. I bet they have no damage meters installed, and no clue on their own performance, because to them it doesn't matter. They toss spells/attacks at mobs and see numbers come up and think they are doing more than fine.

    The only thing I can't stand are slow and low pulling tanks. Thank god I'm a hunter with a bugged no-cooldown misdirect.

  19. #139
    High Overlord Vexxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    150
    I don't have an issue 'carrying' people. I know what it's like to be in poor gear with the alts I have had to gear. Then again, there are some terrible terrible players in LFD but you can't do much about that. It's so painful when you are in bad gear and you outdps the geared players. Obviously I don't say anything to the group or the player as that's rude but I do sit and snigger to myself.

    What bothers me is when people make it a problem. For example, the time I saved them they spend paying their respects to the pack of mobs we just killed. That's what grinds my gears.
    Wildstar - <Eugenic>
    www.eugenic-guild.eu

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I'm retri with 497 itemlevel. I like to do a random heroic and scenario every day to reach the weekly valor cap. I usually queue up alone. But every time I do these it feels like I am the one who carries the rest of the group. I am fully epic while most others are fresh level 90s with green gear and blue pvp gear. I do more far more dps than the other two and tank together. It's not only about the gear, for I see players not understanding how to play their own class. I know how to run the heroics and scenarios while the others often ask what we are meant to do.

    Don't people with skills, knowledge and epics do random heroics and scenarios at all?
    Holy crap, dude. You have 30+ points of ilevel on a group of people who might never have run an instance that you've been running for months. What do you expect? How about you just be a little gracious about how awesome you are?

    In other news, the rewards for running scenarios and in particular for running 5-mans are pretty crappy, unless you need valor for something, which most players don't (at the moment). So once players who aren't regular raiders have gear that gets them into LFR, that's the end of running 5-mans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •