Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For 20 valor a scenario(after the first one), I'd just go and run some dailies. 4 dailies = 1 scenario worth of valor and can be done in less time.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Any proof? I call BS on this one.
    lots, google, proof cannot be posted on these forums.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    all classes have decent self healing...
    WHAT!? Mages have no self-healing AT ALL!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Any proof? I call BS on this one.
    You're wrong, PvE bots are actually much better than PvP bots at the moment. You just need to set up the follow target (a tank), the bot remains at x distance from him/her all the time, and then attacks whatever is in combat, you can barely notice them, unless they have a really bad class routine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    WHAT!? Mages have no self-healing AT ALL!
    evocation ? :x.. its not decent but it do the job..

and bandage anyone ? :P

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    You're wrong, PvE bots are actually much better than PvP bots at the moment. You just need to set up the follow target (a tank), the bot remains at x distance from him/her all the time, and then attacks whatever is in combat, you can barely notice them, unless they have a really bad class routine.

Yep, and not to mention its why they are more and more heading into pve, less detected, unlike BGS esp smaller BGS.

You wont even notice most of them in pve, dungeons, because not many ppl even talk, its same kinda deal like LFR its go go go, and if bot screws up in dungeon it might get kicked and not ever known what it was... a bot. hell of alot more going on with bots these days then you or public are aware of...... and even the bs blizz feeds you about them. its a massive money machine in many different ways.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    evocation ? :x.. its not decent but it do the job..

and bandage anyone ? :P
    2 minute cooldown for a 40% heal over 6 seconds?
    Bandaging gets interrupted when you take damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    A PvE DPS bot I can see. PvE tank bot like Mission is claiming? No way. That would just result in a wipefest.

I haven't seen any yet, but I pretty much never do a scenario to begin with. Being kicked from scenarios is much more unlikely than being kicked from regular dungeons so I can see the logic and profit behind botting scenarios. TBH random BG bots are higher on my shit list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    /follow bots are easy to get killed. there are alot of bots running in scenario. but some acualy fight like a normal person.
    LOL we had a /follow bot Monk DPS last night in SPM, and this is all we did with him. He was our cute little ragdoll. So fun.

But, OT, I have not encountered bots in scenarios (YET). I've met a try-hard Mage (pulling 18k dps)that raged at me for setting off a trap for an achieve, so I just queue full guild now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've met a couple on my dungeon runs, who literately do nothing but auto attacks, not using skills or even cooldowns & most of the time just on auto follow with a range dps or healer & of course his gear tend to be unenchanted usually average around ilvl 450s, rolls need on everything. Doesn't even reply when you talk to him, so how is that a fully controlled player?

Reported this issue to Blizzard, hopefully they'd take action, bad enough we have em running amok stealing nodes or stuff & ruining random BGs, now they're leaking into dungeons/scenarios/LFR.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by Guts the Black Swordsman View Post
    It could just be me and bad luck, but over the past 2 weeks or so I've been experiencing frequent bots when I que for random scenarios. The bots will simply /follow or if mounts are available in the scenario they will mount first then /follow. This has become extremely frustrating because these bots are damn near impossible to kick due to time limit kick restrictions or come in rare cases the bots will come in packs of two. Of course I could simply drop the group, but some scenarios are so short that even soloing them in 14-15 minutes is preferable to dropping the group since you will be locked from queing again for at least that long.

I've reported the bots I've come across, but still I was wondering if this is something that has been catching on elsewhere.
    These are not bots, at least not any bot that I am aware of. Bots in general have not used follow/afk since vanilla. Bots use click to move and are coded well enough that they actually surpass the lower end of the playerbase.

IF your encounters were bots, they were incorrectly configured. It is however, in my opinion, vastly more likely that you simply encountered lazy people who are too scared to use a bot so they put on follow.

EDIT: Also noticed some discussion about bot tanking. I can assure you that bot tanks do exist and the coding for them is beyond excellent. If certain profiles are used it is near impossible to tell the difference. I have botted a heroic at a net cafe and was simply flabbergasted by how well programmed it was. In niuzao temple for example the bot will chain pull to keep up the +dmg buff from slimes untill the second boss is reached, he will then throw bombs and tank any adds that reach the top platform. After which he tanked the boss next to a slime puddle so that when the boss returned from WW he would be standing in it. I could go on but at this point I simply sound like an advert. Please accept my assurance that bots do indeed tank heroics, and they do it very very well. Unlike PVP where actions are very random - running a dungeon is like following a script, which is coincidentally what a bot does best.
    Last edited by Rhaktor; 2013-02-08 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Saw another post

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    A PvE DPS bot I can see. PvE tank bot like Mission is claiming? No way. That would just result in a wipefest.
    reallyy ? google, wow bots or tank leader bots and you will discover a world of shit you didnt want to know exists.

again, as I said, no tmuch is done about them, not enough ppl even know they exists, except ppl who use them, as they are not noticed like a bot in a bg... thats the different...... and why they are less known of to the public eye.

Once you actually start looking with your eyes you will notice them a fair bit in heroics and LFR more then you realised.. and they wont be going anyway any time soon either.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 minute cooldown for a 40% heal over 6 seconds?
    Bandaging gets interrupted when you take damage.
    i know your pain, but if you have hard time getting healed in scenario, try to find a guildy or a friend to run them with you.. so they can heal you....but you shouldnt take that much damage tbh, as a mage, ice barrier (or w-e its called) frost nova and shit.. heal youself with evoc, then come back..but im not here to tell you how to play a mage haha, but yeh try to find someone to run them with you
    ho and i forgot.. heath potion, 120k /2min

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick? Scenarios are by far the slowest way to get VP. Considering more often than not you end up with 3 DPS classes, no one tanks, no one heals. Most of the time in there is spent by eating.
    As a demo 'lock, scenarios are VERY quick. I have almost no queue time (as opposed to the 20+ min. queue time for anything else in the game). Furthermore, I can solo most of the scenarios (504 ilevel gear + feltard makes some things a lot easier). I can't remember the last time I stopped to eat in a scenario/instance/etc.

Deleted
    Not bots in particular, but random scrubs that go afk on me right in the beginning of the scenario. I also find it silly that on my freshly 90 monk I can pull more dps (@ 50-60k) than these semi-afkers or bots. It's a shame.

Deleted
    Not personally but I don't do them much :P
    Honestly though any bots I may have seen are likely just anti-social/grumpy people who want valor cap :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive only done a few scenarios so havent seen any but i did definately see some bots while levelling through dungeon finder. Running into walls, getting stuck in stuff etc, im sure there would have been others too that were actually good enough to not be detected. I suppose its not as bad as in battlegrounds since dungeons are pretty much always the same at low level (not challenging).

I've never seen a bot, ever. I think people are severely overestimating their presence.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me scenarios take about 25% less time then a dungeon to do. So the first one every day is worth it.