Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
  1. #201
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Well, it should be even easier to fight back when the invading faction is outnumbered ten times over.
    Really? REALLY?
    And show me the examples of 10:1 faction imbalanced servers.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu
    15,163 (1/0.00)
    14,969 (0.02/1)
    14,659 (1/0.00)
    etc..

    As you can see the imbalance is so great that they have to round the alliance-number down to 0.
    The first Alliance guild ranked on Wowprogress is 221 and it's also the only one in it.
    They also transferred away from our server.

    In the last 5 months I have only seen TWO Alliance-members in Half-hill!
    *Sec, I am going to log in and look at their MoP-capital*
    Two people!


    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    10:1 faction imbalance? Oh shit burst your imaginary version of WoW didn't I?
    We wish! 50 to 1 on my server.
    Doing stuff like that wouldn't be even worth it to grief those 10 Alliance players who are online.

  2. #202
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    Ever heard of the words "Successful IP"?
    How about WoW having a 15+ years of background in this universe? Blizzard + Warcraft = many people would buy/play this just because of that combination.

    Ever heard of the fiasco called Diablo 3? Any idea why it sold 12 million (!!!) copies? Because of the IP. What does the number of sales have to do with the quality of the game? Nothing, the game sucks balls and that's admitted by a huge part of the community. Bye bye, Jay Wilson, anyone?

    So can people please stop with the crap about numbers? Hell, RIFT probably has 0.5 mil subs and is still rocking their niche. WoW appeals to the mainstream community. Sad but true. Justin Bieber has the highest viewcount in Youtube. Do you listen to Justin Bieber and do those 500 mil views equal q uality music? Please....
    If it is not about numbers, then it remains about taste. Which means your claim that D3 is shit is just that: An opinion. Sucessful IP. Well..D2 sold 4.5 million and the X-pac LOD 1.5 million. So...the x-pac sold 30% of the original game. Then D3 comes out and sells 12 million. 8 years later. Hmmmm. Is that only a succesful IP?

    Now..I swear: If the D3 X-pac sells 30% of the original (Like Lod did compared to D2) it will most likely be considerd a failure and the community telling blizzard this was their way of saying how shitty the game was. Now THAT is the problem with numbers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  3. #203
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Really? REALLY?

    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu
    15,163 (1/0.00)
    14,969 (0.02/1)
    14,659 (1/0.00)
    etc..
    The reason for the top servers being so extremely imbalanced is everyone switching over to the side that contains the guild responsible for that high rank, fanbois are in the thousands there.

  4. #204
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    The reason for the top servers being so extremely imbalanced is everyone switching over to the side that contains the guild responsible for that high rank, fanbois are in the thousands there.
    I was really hoping you'd say that!

    1) Our server had the same imbalance before Method transferred.
    2) Eredar and Kazzak have it too without a famous guild.

    Do you want to know the thing responsible for it? Stuff like Wintergrasp and PvP.
    The Alliance was slightly outnumbered.
    People got pissed and went to other servers.
    The Alliance is now slightly worse outnumbered.
    *repeat and repeat*
    We now have 100 Horde for each Alliance.

    That's why I would love CRZ to work on more things as soon as the "bugs" get removed.
    Last edited by Kangodo; 2013-02-10 at 12:35 PM.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So you want them to put innovative stuff in it..
    But then attack them and rage if they put innovative stuff in it?
    The irony is delicious!
    Well to be fair to the raging lunatic:

    Pet battles are basically WoWs version of Pokemon, and Pokemon has been around for 17 years.
    Cross Realm Zones are essentially an extension of the previous Cross Realm Instances and Raids system.
    Small group Scenarios were in Lord of the Rings Online a few years before they came to WoW (and since they day they went in, I wanted them to come to WoW)

    All three features are, in my opinion, great additions to WoW, but innovative? No. They are evolutionary from things that came before them.

  6. #206
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,628
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    So what if it would allienate all these fossil players who live to reminiscence about the "good ole days", as if it were 20 years ago, what if it would change the PVP and PVE formula from grinding gear to just plain ole fun? Lose 7 million players? So what, WoW did fine its first years with only 1-2 million.
    hmmmmmmm.......... someone doesn't understand the concept of business growth...
    It's first years Blizzard had:
    Extremely less amounts of employees..
    Extremely less amounts of hardware to run the game..
    Result: Extremely less overhead, and investment.

    A decline of 70% of subs would be the end of WoW entirely. It would be the end of the entire WoW department at Blizzard.

    I don't even bother to respond to the rest of that rather weird and full of wrong conclusions OP.

  7. #207
    everyone does realize that it's possible for other MMOs to have good ideas but not be a OMG WOWKILLER, right?

    wow is far from perfect and sorry pet battles aren't innovative, fresh, new and exciting

  8. #208
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    everyone does realize that it's possible for other MMOs to have good ideas but not be a OMG WOWKILLER, right?

    wow is far from perfect and sorry pet battles aren't innovative, fresh, new and exciting
    Speak for yourself, they are new and exciting for people who never heard more of pokemon apart from the name itself before, and most likely even for people who knew it.

  9. #209
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Or maybe the game is just fun?
    When one person thinks everything ever put into the game is always fun it passes beyond just being a normal player. When someone starts defending clear problems with the game (some even admitted to by Blizzard themselves) it passes beyond just 'having fun'. When you can no longer make objective opinions about something you are far too involved with it, and that is the point many players are at. Cataclysm was considered a complete failure and still many people stayed because there are enough people so involved with the game that they are willing to look past glaring deficiencies and problems and stick it out for 2 years hoping Blizzard pulls their head out of their ass, but publicly defending them as though they are some sort of personal Jesus. It's like watching someone slam their hand in a door repeatedly while shouting 'This is fun and everyone should do this with me!' It saddens me more when I realize some of those people are so far gone that they actually do think it's fun just because that's what they've been told by the almighty Blizzard.

  10. #210
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    When one person thinks everything ever put into the game is always fun it passes beyond just being a normal player. When someone starts defending clear problems with the game (some even admitted to by Blizzard themselves) it passes beyond just 'having fun'. When you can no longer make objective opinions about something you are far too involved with it, and that is the point many players are at. Cataclysm was considered a complete failure and still many people stayed because there are enough people so involved with the game that they are willing to look past glaring deficiencies and problems and stick it out for 2 years hoping Blizzard pulls their head out of their ass, but publicly defending them as though they are some sort of personal Jesus. It's like watching someone slam their hand in a door repeatedly while shouting 'This is fun and everyone should do this with me!' It saddens me more when I realize some of those people are so far gone that they actually do think it's fun just because that's what they've been told by the almighty Blizzard.
    So to put it short, you claim people don't have their own opinions, and that their enjoyment and fun within the game is a lie fabricated by Blizzard/their obsession with the game. But irrational hatred and finding flaws where things are fine is completely normal. That's a cool way to make sure you're always right, aye?

    Let's clear something up. You are not the authority in what's right, wrong, fun, or boring. None of us is, not even Blizzard. When you see someone defending "almighty" Blizzard, as you put it, it's not because the person will defend Blizzard regardless of what they do. It's not out of fanboyism or whatever you think it is. People didn't suddenly lose their ability to think by themselves just because they actually enjoy something. What we do though, is that we don't grab and pull out our hair over something we don't like in a game. We don't yell and shout to the forums how the game is going downhill or how the developer is clearly out of touch when we have problems with the game. We will mention things we're unhappy with when needed. But you cannot tell me, with a serious face, that threads like this one where the OP not only suggested asinine things, but also acted like a complete asshole towards anyone who called him on his bullshit, are what this game needs to move forward. If he had suggested anything decent, people might have listened to him and actually had a discussion. But most of the threads made complaining about X or Y feature or whatever are made by people like this OP who will not hesitate in lying, insulting and generally being dicks when opinions start clashing with his own. If you make a thread, on a WoW fan site, making a suggestion/pointing out something you perceive as a flaw, you damn better expect people who disagree with you and be ready to actually rationally defend your claims.

    That, for the most part, doesn't happen. With the exception of a select few people who won't be named (but they're pretty obvious), most of those you think are "fanboys", are just people who are generally fine with the game. Not out of ignorance. Not out of blindness, and certainly not because "almighty" Blizzard told us, simply because we are actually having fun with the game, by our own accord, without anyone telling us what is fun or not. We don't ignore problems, we don't think the game is perfect in every area and in every feature they make. We just don't act like the sky is falling and like we'll die if they don't fix the things we have problems with. I don't think myself above anyone to claim that somehow my opinion is better than theirs and that they've somehow been "brainwashed" into liking this obviously horrible feature.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-10 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  11. #211
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    <snip>
    Someone seems to have a lot of deep-seated anger towards people like me pointing out that there are fan boys out there who would defend Blizzard endorsing rape and mass murder just because it's Blizzard. You even admitted yourself it was true while vehemently defending yourself, which I find slightly entertaining.

    So... wanna talk about it? Or do you have you gotten everything off your chest now? I brought up people sticking through cataclysm as a sign of idiotic loyalty because of the sheer amount of people I saw making threads or talking to me about how unfun it is playing the game, but they just kept their subscriptions up even if they barely played in the sheer hope that Blizzard would come down from up high and make everything better. It's pretty clear by now that they aren't going to try anything new and innovative with WoW. They are going to keep stealing ideas from others, twisting them just enough so they can't get sued, and hoping those ideas keep people occupied enough til the next stolen idea comes through the pipeline. I have no problems giving anyone or anything credit where it is due, but my respect for a once great company has just happened to go down the toilet because they stopped being innovative, they stopped communicating with their players in any meaningful fashion, and they still expect all the same loyalty and devotion they got back when they really did deserve it. My opinions on Blizzard currently are based off facts, not opinions. They are based off actions that if you think they are fun, respectful, or good, then you are either literally blinded by devotion or ridiculously masochistic. When you get served plain wheat toast and treat it like a 5-star meal just because of where it came from, you are doing it wrong. A good example of this in real life is Shark Fin Soup, Diesel Jeans, and Bottled Water. There will always be idiots buying these items at ridiculous mark-ups just because someone tells them it's somehow better than normal.

  12. #212
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Someone seems to have a lot of deep-seated anger towards people like me pointing out that there are fan boys out there who would defend Blizzard endorsing rape and mass murder just because it's Blizzard. You even admitted yourself it was true while vehemently defending yourself, which I find slightly entertaining.
    Ooh, how dare people get angry when you accuse them of defending rape and genocide!
    That's the problem with people like you: Someone defends something that you dislike, so you insult them with the word fanboy.

    They are based off actions that if you think they are fun, respectful, or good, then you are either literally blinded by devotion or ridiculously masochistic.
    "OMG, people disagree with me! Let's insult them."
    That attitude will get you nowhere in life and on the internet it will get you infracted.

    Maybe you should reread this line a hundred times:
    It's not out of fanboyism or whatever you think it is. People didn't suddenly lose their ability to think by themselves just because they actually enjoy something.

  13. #213
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh, how dare people get angry when you accuse them of defending rape and genocide!
    That's the problem with people like you: Someone defends something that you dislike, so you insult them with the word fanboy.


    "OMG, people disagree with me! Let's insult them."
    That attitude will get you nowhere in life and on the internet it will get you infracted.

    Maybe you should reread this line a hundred times:
    Perhaps you should actually re-read my post, or better yet, go back and comment on my initial reply to your incoherent babbling instead of attempting to cherry pick random sentences in an attempt to get me to rage at you or something. In other words, actually attempt to have an intellectual discussion or butt out and quit attempting to derail. Thanks.

  14. #214
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Perhaps you should actually re-read my post, or better yet, go back and comment on my initial reply to your incoherent babbling instead of attempting to cherry pick random sentences in an attempt to get me to rage at you or something. In other words, actually attempt to have an intellectual discussion or butt out and quit attempting to derail. Thanks.
    Intellectual discussions are impossible with people that feel the need to insult and rage against anyone that disagrees with them.

    You named a few things about WoW that you thought of to be 'innovative' and dismissed every other addition because you didn't like them.
    When I bring up LFR, it gets dismissed because it's "just some coding that helps with stuff" but at the same time no loading between zones is "big and innovative!". Or wait.. wasn't it you who called the combat system innovative because you didn't auto-attack for five minutes?

    So no, I have better ways to waste my time.

  15. #215
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Intellectual discussions are impossible with people that feel the need to insult and rage against anyone that disagrees with them.

    You named a few things about WoW that you thought of to be 'innovative' and dismissed every other addition because you didn't like them.
    When I bring up LFR, it gets dismissed because it's "just some coding that helps with stuff" but at the same time no loading between zones is "big and innovative!". Or wait.. wasn't it you who called the combat system innovative because you didn't auto-attack for five minutes?

    So no, I have better ways to waste my time.
    Except for the fact that I haven't insulted or raged at anyone in this thread, only had some directed back at me for stating facts. Innovation depends clearly on the time it was introduced as well as the audience. LFR was an extension of LFD and nothing more. I wouldn't call a system that automatically groups you with 25 people instead of 5 people all that huge. Going back further, LFD was an extention of the battleground queue that was in place in when? Oh right, Vanilla. LFD was the exact same system as the battleground queue with a filter added on for spec. I wouldn't exactly call that groundbreaking technology, unless you count adding in extra special cards with letters on it in a file cabinet currently innovative as well. My point is the same as it was at the beginning of this thread, that you and some other people are taking innovation in too small of a bubble to be taken seriously. By your bubble, adding butter to my toast is innovation because the butter is a new element added to the toast. To me, innovation is creating a new recipe, or at least a recipe that is new to the audience that will be partaking of it.

    IF you really want me to go into further detail on everything I said was innovative in vanilla WoW and why it was innovative, I might humor you after I get done winning a chili contest tonight because of this wonderful word called 'innovation'. Bringing something never before seen to people makes them happy, if I use UNO cards as my normal playing cards, it is new, but it is also something everyone has seen before, throwing new paint on an idea and calling it new doesn't mean it is new. If it would make you happy I would gladly state that WoW refurbished some ideas fairly nicely into their game.

  16. #216
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Someone seems to have a lot of deep-seated anger towards people like me pointing out that there are fan boys out there who would defend Blizzard endorsing rape and mass murder just because it's Blizzard. You even admitted yourself it was true while vehemently defending yourself, which I find slightly entertaining.
    Oooook then...

    *Woosh* right over your head. Yeah, I am so angry right now. You totally blew my cover, well done. /sarcasm

    No, I don't have anything to talk about. It's pretty clear that you have no intention of taking anyone seriously on the basis of "you're a fanboy". And although you seem to be convinced of it, no, I am not angry at you. You haven't done anything to anger me, have you?

    You want to go and "argue" that way, then so be it. You just gave me another reason to not take you seriously at all. When you have a point with actual substance, come back. If you want an actual "intellectual" discussion, as you put it, start by not dismissing other people as angry ragers or fanboys.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    When you get served plain wheat toast and treat it like a 5-star meal just because of where it came from, you are doing it wrong. A good example of this in real life is Shark Fin Soup, Diesel Jeans, and Bottled Water. There will always be idiots buying these items at ridiculous mark-ups just because someone tells them it's somehow better than normal.
    I don't take anything they throw at me just because "hey, it's Blizzard!". I actually enjoy doing it. Or I wouldn't be paying for it. Unlike the people you mention that complained during all of Cataclysm, I'm not that foolish to keep on paying to play something I clearly don't like. I don't care if they're Blizzard, Valve, Square, or freaking McDonald's. If I stop enjoying their product, I stop using it. I don't go on a forum, whine about how boring it is, and keep on paying for it. Which is why many people reply to these people with "if you don't like it, quit", or any variant of that. Because that's exactly what you should do. You're free to leave feedback, you're free to try and point out "hey, I quit because <insert reason>". But whining about it during the entire expansion and simply keeping on feeding them money even though it's clear they despise it? That's the ultimate form of stupidity when it comes to WoW.

    Signed, a blind fanboy. Until you get some manners and stop dismissing other people's arguments as ramblings of a fanboy, don't bother with fishing replies from me.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-10 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Grammar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  17. #217
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Oooook then...

    *Woosh* right over your head. Yeah, I am so angry right now. You totally blew my cover, well done. /sarcasm

    No, I don't have anything to talk about. It's pretty clear that you have no intention of taking anyone seriously on the basis of "you're a fanboy". And although you seem to be convinced of it, no, I am not angry at you. You haven't done anything to anger me, have you?

    You want to go and "argue" that way, then so be it. You just gave me another reason to not take you seriously at all. When you have a point with actual substance, come back. If you want an actual "intellectual" discussion, as you put it, start by not dismissing other people as angry ragers or fanboys.

    Signed, a blind fanboy.
    Well, not every day someone insults themselves because they can't come up with a better response. I assume if I was talking about prisoners being assholes you would automatically assume I was calling you an asshole as well? I assumed you had random strong feelings about the subject because you completely ignored the meaning of my post and responded in 'rant mode' about a tiny line of it. I am all for intelligent discussion, but first you need to actually take the content of my argument into play before writing a response, otherwise we get you talking about whatever you feel like, and me struggling to respond on topic to whatever you just went off about.

    Basically what happened to clear it up for you:
    1- I wrote that there are quite a few fanboys playing WoW who will do so regardless of what happens.
    2- You agreed to that point, while taking offense that I somehow thought you were one of those fanboys, then writing up a mini-rant about the subject.
    3- I responded asking what your issue was, then re-affirmed my own argument in an attempt to stay on topic.
    4- You responded again pissed off about something, refusing to take part in the discussion while saying you want to have a discussion.

    Honestly I am about lost on how to actually respond to keep any semblance of a debate going. It's rather difficult when one side plugs their ears and says whatever they feel like.

  18. #218
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,447
    Edit: I re-read your first post that I quoted, and I now see clearly what you meant. I most likely missed a few keywords when I read your post the first two times. However, I still find it stupid that you'll consider that people will publicly defend Blizzard while they themselves are thinking things are going south. I'm not saying that such people don't exist, but I don't seriously believe there's a lot of them.

    Regardless, I apologize for the confusion, although I still find it silly. If you want, we could start from a clean slate and forget our previous conversation, since aparently I misunderstood you due to not reading a few words right <.<
    Now I feel pretty freaking silly for all this rambling. Deleted the rest of this post due to irrelevance, arrogance from me, and size.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-10 at 09:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  19. #219
    ppl only say whatever when they dont have an argument

  20. #220
    Super Moderator Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Baylife
    Posts
    9,922
    Considering this thread has devolved into people just attacking each other over how much they agree/disagree with Blizzard's choices (and the original post was pretty hostile to begin with) ..

    Closed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •