Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    This actually happened on Earthen Ring. The mega guild Alea Iacta Est were asked by the GMs to leave Stormwind or face disciplinary action.
    sounds like something blizz would do

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

This actually happened on Earthen Ring. The mega guild Alea Iacta Est were asked by the GMs to leave Stormwind or face disciplinary action.
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. How can players playing true Warcraft be punished for it?

Blizzard deserves everything that's coming to them. Instead of building on this experience they utterly crushed it. Morons.

Complete and utter morons. No wonder wow is what it is today.

I don't like this expansion either, but its not for lack of content.

Honestly I feel like I have too much to do most of the time.

Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. How can players playing true Warcraft be punished for it?

Blizzard deserves everything that's coming to them. Instead of building on this experience they utterly crushed it. Morons.

The Entirety of Stormwind was nearly wiped out. No one was able to complete quests or use the bank/ah or vendors for several hours. Honestly at some point it had to of crossed the line into "greifing"
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

WoW what it is today is amazing, so I don't know what you are talking about kid.
    And if you want to insult Blizzard, why not email them?
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

The Entirety of Stormwind was nearly wiped out. No one was able to complete quests or use the bank/ah or vendors for several hours. Honestly at some point it had to of crossed the line into "greifing"
    Warcraft 1, Gathered my army, invaded their base, killed their dudes. Victory.
    Warcraft 2, Gathered my army, invaded their base, killed their dudes. Victory.
    Warcraft 3, Gathered my army, invaded their base, killed their dudes. Victory.

WoW, Gathered my army, invaded their base, killed their dudes. Get Infracted.

I feel like at some point we may have lost the plot.

Losing 7-8 million players? So what?

Well I am sorry to tell you, Blizzard rather lose you than 7-8 million players.

See ya, have fun whatever you choose to do after WoW.

Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar

So you approve of an entire city being completely unusable by players because... of a bunch of opposite faction players wanting to sit their ass in there for prolongued periods claiming to have "taken" it?

Decimating a city and wiping out the opposite faction is fun, I've done that in the past too. But really, sitting your ass in there and turning the place unusable for players of all levels who just want to use their free time to have fun crosses into the realm of griefing. I'm glad that "WoW is what it is today" if that's your definition of "fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post

Warcraft 1; RTS.
    Warcraft 2; RTS.
    Warcraft 3: RTS.

WoW: MMORPG.

Yeah, we really did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I kind of agree with the OP. Blizzard cries about how hard it is to create content when that content consists of goddamn daily hubs with some sprinkles of stories in between. They could easily capture an even larger share of the market if they put some of those useless devs into creating world events on a regular basis. No, got to make dailies cuz that shit passes for "content" now.

WC 1-3 are RTSs. WoW is a mmo. See the difference?
    End SJW

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    So you approve of an entire city being completely unusable by players because... of a bunch of opposite faction players wanting to sit their ass in there for prolongued periods claiming to have "taken" it?
    yes, I do approve. Role a PvE server, if it happens anyway go to another city, if they are there too go to Dalaran. If its something you absolutely have to be in that city to do, tough titties.

I think you should spend the next few moments you log onto WoW just looking at the scenery. Look how beautiful everything around you is! Then, compare this to some of the older graphics - I think the gorgeous quality of MoP is a "new" thing to me - especially as compared to the Icy, Deathy vibe from Wrath - although, I'm not sure exactly what the "vibe" feeling I got from Cataclysm was...Hmm.

yes, I do approve. Role a PvE server, if it happens anyway go to another city, if they are there too go to Dalaran. If its something you absolutely have to be in that city to do, tough titties.
    Fair enough. Do keep in mind though, that some things cannot be accessed in other towns. "Move" isn't always the solution, especially for low level players who can't fly or teleport freely.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Fair enough. Do keep in mind though, that some things cannot be accessed in other towns. "Move" isn't always the solution, especially for low level players who can't fly or teleport freely.
    People on PvP servers should of known the risk, lowbee or not.

No legitimate non-exploitative player vs player action on any scale should ever be punished on a PvP server, ever.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-02-10 at 12:27 AM.

The only risk people on PvP servers know is you're going to be attacked while traveling. No where does it say you won't be able to go to a city.
    End SJW

Don't get me wrong. I don't care about "ganking" or "camping" in PvP servers. It sucks, but it's allowed so I don't complain about that. What I'm talking about here is, disruption of gameplay for prolongued periods. That is crossing the mark, regardless of the server. Killing someone and camping them for 10 minutes is fine. Occupying a town for 10 minutes after murdering every single thing in there, fair game. But when you go hours disrupting other people's playing experience, that's where you cross the line and should get punished for it.

Your fun shouldn't come at the expense of other people's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The only risk people on PvP servers know is you're going to be attacked while traveling. No where does it say you won't be able to go to a city.
    No legitimate non-exploitative player vs player action on any scale should ever be punished on a PvP server, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Ever read mmorpg.com or any of the other general MMO boards? That's pretty much the prevailing attitude. "Current games are all rehased and lack innovation. They need to return to old mechanics that were in EQ/UO."
    You know thats interesting that you say that. I too believe that EQ would still have a crap ton of customers had it not been for the issue of a) the game has been out for so long that the graphics are like going from playing Final fantasy 7 when you clearly have gotten used to Crysis lol. b) the curve to gear up for actual raiding in it is so out of whack and difficult to attain now.

I do believe that the MMO world wants a return back to the EQ/UO golden age. It seems to be a reoccuring theme in a majority of MMO sites that I read from.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." -Alexander Tytler

Decimating a city and wiping out the opposite faction is fun, I've done that in the past too. But really, sitting your ass in there and turning the place unusable for players of all levels who just want to use their free time to have fun crosses into the realm of griefing. I'm glad that "WoW is what it is today" if that's your definition of "fun".

Warcraft 1; RTS.
    Warcraft 2; RTS.
    Warcraft 3: RTS.

WoW: MMORPG.

Yeah, we really did.
    Its the principal of catering to whiners (the displaced people of SW) instead of catering to people who are doing something creative, adding a little unique flair to what has become a very bland world of warcraft.

In all honesty, no one really has a legit complaint about a city being taken over, another friendly city is always a few minutes away if they want to use the AH, bank or anything else.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*