Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did I miss something, or is WoW still not marked as the game with the most PvE content? Blizzard develop new things for us to do as time goes by. What if they already have some of those ideas, but don't find us being ready for it? I mean, no need to rage about content. Pandaria is still new, and patches even brought more stuff. Sit back and enjoy what may appear. If you dislike, then take a break and seek out the events and happening you would like to see?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Answer me this: is Mass Effect a MMO?
    NO.

It's AN RPG.

Guess what WOW is: AN MMO- RRRRRRRPPPPPPPPGGGGGGGGGG

I WOULD like the RPG part to be more than do these quests FIFTY FUCKIN TIMES UNTIL YOU LOVE THEM. I FEEL NO REASON TO BAND WITH PEOPLE IN THE MMO COMPONENT ONCE I'VE ALREADY DONE THE MMO COMPONENT 30 TIMES!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    So after I defeat Ra-Den 2-3 times, what will my 15$/month go towards?

Killing him 30 more times even though you know the strategy and event by heart?

Tell me, if Mass Effect consisted of fighting its end boss, Saren, 30 times, would you actually fight him 30 times and think "YEP, I'M HAVING FUUUUUUUUUUUN!".
    After reading all your whining and rage I just think you need to get laid dude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're assuming you will even be able to defeat Ra-Den. Remember, he is a heroic only boss. Very small number of people will be able to defeat him this expansion.
    Not really, everyone and their dogs have killed Sinestra during Dragon Soul 4.3 patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO.
    That's all I needed to read. If you realize the difference between a RPG and a MMORPG, then shut the hell up with your asinine suggestions and complaints, because being reptitive is a staple of a MMO genre game.

And quit the freaking nerd raging. If you don't like things then you turn your back and get the hell out instead of doing a thread where you rage, insult and suggest stupid things for a game that for the most part, is fine as it is for its genre. No one is interested in discussing anything with someone who's tone sounds like a whiny child who can't get their arguments through without yelling and crying their eyeballs out.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-09 at 07:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your suggestions would both require capital expenditure AND would put quarterly profits at risk, actions that will never be taken by Blizzard in its current form, especially simultaneously. World of Warcraft has been placed in a "Fabian" or "milking" mode by its owners: make as much money as possible while spending as little money as possible. That this is running the game into the ground is of no concern; they're confident they'll have years of laughing all the way to the bank with the present model, and they're quite likely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Not really, everyone and their dogs have killed Sinestra during Dragon Soul 4.3 patch.
    I think Blizzard learned their lesson about heroic only bosses(or phase) being too easy.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    That's all I needed to read.

And quit the freaking nerd raging.
    You're a moron with 1585 posts worth of SHIT.

You're a typical world of warcraft forum troll who used to write TLDR before people like me pointed out how moronic it is to do that in a place where things are supposed to be READ.

You know what you needed to hear? You will ammount to NOTHING in life with a stupid attitude like yours.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-02-09 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

You're a typical world of warcraft forum troll who used to write TLDR before people like me pointed out how moronic it is to do that in a place where things are supposed to be READ.

You know what you needed to hear? You will ammount to NOTHING in life with a stupid attitude like yours.
    Likewise. You have the nerve to call other people trolls? Have you LOOKED at your attitude? Do you think THAT will amount to anything in life, or anywhere for that matter? Did you even think 5 seconds before typing out that stupid knee-jerk response?

Stop assuming people don't read your posts. I did. You just made no valid points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

So once you have nothing else to argue about you bring in post number? Wut?

10+ Year Old Account

Easy now, you are not in need of getting aggressive like that. Really. There isn't even need to move a discussion so aggressively ahead as you did. You ask for new content in already new content, as well as more to come. You can't expect to get patched every 2 months because you have done something, sorry to say. But Blizzard needs to spread content too, so we don't finish everything too fast.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

jesus christ how can you tell me pandaren are a change in wow's gameplay, they're just a new race with a new continent filled with more daily quests. They're no different from draenei or blood elves or goblins or worgen. New content? Yes. New innovation? No. How is pet battles innovation? How does that promote Warcraft gameplay elements and improve on them? When did Lothar, Illidan, Alleria or Thrall ever used pet battles in any Warcraft games? Since when do people think Warcraft and think "hmm, this game definitely needs pokemon in it"? REALLY?

Scenarios? You mean 3 man dungeons? Isn't that the 10 man counterpart to the 25 man raids? If scenarios were 5 man dungeons with a few extra pack pulls they would be exactly the same thing.

I gave that idea with bosses attacking cities as a goddamn EXAMPLE, and you tear at it showing that you don't even have imagination for better things. That could be like a random world event, the rest could consist of horde/alliance incursions in your home towns of NPCs attacking your quests hubs that you'd actually have to fight for to defend. It would make people have a reason to go outside their major cities and DO things together besides killing the same raid bosses over and over and over.

You would get rewarded for it, you would promote world PVP, you would promote fighting. WARCRAFT.

You could have Vrykul taking over boats from Northrend and invading Stormwind through the harbor, baricading themselves in one of the city's quarters.

You could have dark irons renegade invading Ironforge.

You could have Westfall's farms getting burned and losing 5% HP bonus or something while fighting in Eastern Kingdoms.

You could have Trolls attacking Silvermoon from Zul'Aman and potentially take over the city.

I DIDN'T EVEN FINISH ALL THE DAILIES REP TO REVERED YET I TOOK ALL MY TIME BUT THERE IS NOTHING EXCITING ABOUT GATHERING SHIT AND KILLING 10 MOBS AFTER YOU'VE DONE IT 10 TIMES. I DON'T FEEL THREATENED, I DON'T FEEL A CAUSE, I DON'T CARE ABOUT GROUPING WITH OTHER PLAYERS FOR IT.

NOTHING IS OF CONSEQUENCE I JUST GO TO STORMWIND AND I'M SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORLD OF PEACECRAFT EVERYBODY!!!!

How has Warcraft devolved into this sedentary lifestyle farming game. Literally. We now have farming in it too, to add insult to injury.
    well an what about the 10th or 20th or 30th time some npcs are invanding your city/questhub/etc ? will it be threatening or exiting or even be noticed ? no it won´t or would be fought off with the same lethargy that i do my daylies. in the end its just annoying and keeps you from doing the stuff you want

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are trying new things. Sounds like you want a completely different game, perhaps it's time for YOU to move on, not time for the game to completely change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Pet battles, innovative? Let's be honest here, it's a blatant, obvious way to kill time and occupy your OCD, and nothing more.

Cross-realm zones? It's a good one from a technical POV, but does little to nothing to the gameplay itself. Yeah, now there are other players around, tagging my quest mobs, stealing my nodes, and camping my rare mobs. Yay. In essence, it brought more frustration than use, because there's still no reason to group and do stuff together, the other players are there just to give you an illusion of MMO.

Scenarios? An amalgamation of a dungeon and a quest, it feels nice, but I personally had the feeling it had to be there since 2008.

Other MMOs, even though they didn't make it, had really good ideas, which WoW ignored. The point is, WoW has become anti-social. You're locked in a bubble. You don't have to group with other players while leveling - you can basically play 1-90 as a singleplayer game. The world is static. Mobs wander around spawn points, waiting to be slaughtered. They never attack towns, they don't form roaming bands, they don't clash with each other for territorial control. Never does an NPC hunt you. WoW could take some lessons from Guild Wars 2 in grouping, shared effort, and dynamic world. Even though changes are cyclic in GW2, it is still a big step forward. Rift gave us invasions, a way for the world to invade your personal space, a way for the world to live. WoW is still almost the same game it was in 2006 in the core.
    Why when someone says 'innovative additions to Wow' people immediately assume 'innovative' means 'ZOMG TOTALLY NEW THINGS NEVER SEEN BEFORE IN THE FACE OF THE EARTH, IN PAST, PRESENT OR FUTURE, OMG THIS GUY IS TOTALLY AWESOME FOR CREATING SOMETHING THAT WASN'T EVER IMAGINED BEFORE, EVER!'?

Pet Battles ARE innovative. Why? WoW didn't had it before. Scenarios are inovative. Why? WoW didn't have 'dungeons' that didn't need the 'holy trinity' of groups. CRZ are innovative. Why? WoW didn't have cross-server open areas before.

People need to STOP being so 'high-and-mighty', remove the proverbial stick out of their behinds, stop freaking out in 'holier-than-thou' rage when someone says 'innovative', and get THIS little thing through their heads: absolutely NO innovations (in WoW or anywhere else) will be 100% original. It will always be based in varying degrees on someone else's ideas. Get over it.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You goddamn fossils you're the reason why the game is so bad! You lick blizzard's ass in everything and you have no imagination about how great this game could be.

PET BATTLES? CROSS REALM ZONES? SCENARIOS?

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKKKK IS THIS SUPPOSED TO INNOVATE OR HELP TO PUSH THIS MMO FORWARD???

Infracted. Keep your posts civil when arguing
    I figured this thread was a troll's trap, now I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe what I've read through 5 pages of bullshit. People actually saying that they would rather kill the same bosses with the same strategies and exactly the same pack pulls 50 times in a raid, over and over and over, than have bosses attack the places where you feel SAFE and make you band together in real time to actually defend something from a threat. No wonder WoW's gone to shit if blizzard listened to people like you on the forums. You're like those old folks who scream out how much they don't like change in the world, it's so pathetic.

You people must be heart of the party when you go to one.
    So... instead of, opening quote, "kill the same bosses with the same strategies and exactly the same pack pulls 50 times in a raid", close quote, (I think I see your problem. Your raid group is terrible. Or maybe it's just you. In any case...) after doing the 'same thing' many times, it's usually enough for the group to learn the strategy and kill the boss with no problem. Anyways. So, instead of that, what you propose is that we, open quote, "kill the same bosses with the same strategies and exactly the same pack pulls 50 times in a raid", close quote, only in open world instead of in a raid, where it would be the same thing as doing it in a raid instance, only in the open world, with the huge complications it'd imply, causing the encounters being nothing much a headache to the population of the server, since it'd never be the same group against said monster, there would be almost NO time to prepare, and, let's not forger this, NO communication at all between the groups. Again, it would be nothing but a headache once you weight the cons and pros. There's, like two or thre cons for each pro I can think of. Cease and Desist of your trolling. You're just bad troll.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:54 PM ----------

I gave that idea with bosses attacking cities as a goddamn EXAMPLE, and you tear at it showing that you don't even have imagination for better things.
    And we just proved that it's a horrible example to begin with. YOU gave no thought about it, and just tossed that in to make yourself look cool.

That could be like a random world event, the rest could consist of horde/alliance incursions in your home towns of NPCs attacking your quests hubs that you'd actually have to fight for to defend. It would make people have a reason to go outside their major cities and DO things together besides killing the same raid bosses over and over and over.
    So, instead of going into a dungeon or raid instance to kill the same mobs and bosses again and again, we'd go to our cities to kill the same mobs and bosses again and again? Not much difference, is there? Not to mention this: in that idea of yours, lowbies would be in trouble against said mobs, and 90's would have a boring time 'protecting' the NPCs. NPCs they have no reason to defend since they've done the quest. That's assuming the 'mobs' would have the same average level the zone's mobs have. Now, if they were all 90's, while that would give 90's some challenge, lowbies would be trounced hard and griefed by those mobs, killed over and over, and be unable to turn in or collect quests because their NPCs would be dead or in combat.

You would get rewarded for it, you would promote world PVP, you would promote fighting. WARCRAFT.
    No, you wouldn't. You'd just promote griefing and ganking, as 90's of the opposing factions would just do the same thing they've been doing since the beginning of WoW: killing low-level quest NPCs and gank lowbies.

You could have Vrykul taking over boats from Northrend and invading Stormwind through the harbor, baricading themselves in one of the city's quarters.
    The Vrykul were basically pacified by the time Wrath was over, since we culled so many of their numbers. Not to mention they wouldn't get close to SW's harbor with all the cannons and warship the Alliance and Horde have.

You could have dark irons renegade invading Ironforge.
    See my answer above about your 'open world events'. Same things apply.

You could have Westfall's farms getting burned and losing 5% HP bonus or something while fighting in Eastern Kingdoms.
    What does have Westfall farms being burned with getting a -5% HP debuff? So you want me to stop leveling my level 40-something alt to log in to my main to go to Westfall, waste time protecting farms, just so I could keep something that I was supposed to have all the time? Not much fun, is it?

You could have Trolls attacking Silvermoon from Zul'Aman and potentially take over the city.
    See my answer above about your 'open world events'. Same things apply.

I DIDN'T EVEN FINISH ALL THE DAILIES REP TO REVERED YET I TOOK ALL MY TIME BUT THERE IS NOTHING EXCITING ABOUT GATHERING SHIT AND KILLING 10 MOBS AFTER YOU'VE DONE IT 10 TIMES. I DON'T FEEL THREATENED, I DON'T FEEL A CAUSE, I DON'T CARE ABOUT GROUPING WITH OTHER PLAYERS FOR IT.
    Well, that's too bad. Why don't you go do dungeons, then? That way you'll need a group to stay safe. Now, if you want to feel 'threatened' ALL THE TIME, I suggest you close WoW and go play a different game, like Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc... I guarantee you'll feel 'threatened' all the time, there.

NOTHING IS OF CONSEQUENCE I JUST GO TO STORMWIND AND I'M SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, that's the whole definition of 'safe haven', isn't it? If you're not 'ok' with that, just don't go to Stormwind? Stay logged in contested zones, then.

WORLD OF PEACECRAFT EVERYBODY!!!!

How has Warcraft devolved into this sedentary lifestyle farming game. Literally. We now have farming in it too, to add insult to injury.
    Now, I don't want to laugh at you, because it would be demeaning to you, but WoW has *always* been about the farming: farming mats to make flasks and potions, farming mats to make better weapons and armor, farming rare items to sell in AH to get more gold... That has been in the game ever since DAY FREAKING ONE. If it's not one thing, you'll farm for another. The 'farm' you so demean, just allows us to grow crafting mats or food without having us to go all around the world harvesting mats. In fact, farming allows us to NOT farm so much. Surely you can see that? (Then again, after reading what I read, I doubt it.)
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

So the OP is banned and he was the main focus point in discussion, meaning he brought in the discussion. I really don't see what else there is to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Riordrian View Post
    well an what about the 10th or 20th or 30th time some npcs are invanding your city/questhub/etc ? will it be threatening or exiting or even be noticed ? no it won´t or would be fought off with the same lethargy that i do my daylies. in the end its just annoying and keeps you from doing the stuff you want
    like we actually want to do dailies, hah. good one
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    This.

What you're saying is, you want Blizzard to tailor the game to the way you want it to be and risk alienating 8 million customers. You do realize that is $120 million a month they'd lose to fit your style right?

Frankly, until Blizzard does lose those 8 million players, you won't see changes. No reason to change a system that puts money in their pockets monthly on an amazing scale.
    While your argument is solid, no business in the world would alienate 8m customers, almost half of WoWs customers do not pay $15 a month. The Asian markets account for 10% of revenues but have about half the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think you fail to see where you are both using the same definition.

The additions that people have mentioned have all been completely new to WoW. That's called innovation, even going by your own post.
    Except it's not the same at all. If I were to add Toast to my menu at my restaurant it is nothing innovative at all going by the second definition because Toast, and adding it to menus are not new ideas in the slightest. It is however innovative by the first definition taken in an extremely narrow view because it is new to the menu if nothing else, and the definition does just say 'Introduction of something new' and not where, how, why, when it is introduced or to be viewed.

See? In my mind introducing toast is nothing innovative, I can get that down the street, at my own home, most anywhere. Toast is nothing new and exciting because it's already been around. Now if I were to make garlic and beef fat infused focaccia and pan sear the sides to make toast... that might be something fairly innovative, because no one in the nearest 400 miles of me makes anything like that, so to my audience/customers, it is something new and innovative. Adding farmville and pokemon to your game, when your audience is gamers who have most likely played, heard about, or already made judgements about is nothing innovative. They need to bring something new and surprising (aka: Innovative) if they want to stop leaking subs. Pretending nothing new can be innovated though is ridiculous, just look at Rift Events, Secret World investigative and covert quests, TERA's combat system, Guild Wars balancing system, etc, etc. Each of these new games that are coming out are adding at least one thing new and innovative as a selling point. WoW is going with a different strategy of copying successful things from other companies and selling it as their own. It's underhanded, cheap, lazy, and apparently fairly profitable.