Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    He wont sell it.

What he should do is either set up a booth at a gaming convention or sell it all individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    He wont sell it.

What he should do is either set up a booth at a gaming convention or sell it all individually.
    Pretty much this, I'm sure there is stuff in the collection that would be worth a lot and people would buy individually, and some stuff that is worth next to nothing. Selling it all together for 1 price isn't that great of an idea.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Just an FYI, the value of having a video game or a console lies in actually playing it. No one is going to care if you say 'I have an original NES still in the box with collectors edition Zelda and Mario/Duckhunt game with the light gun!' At best they will be like 'why did you buy it if you weren't going to play the shit out of it?' Sure, there are people out there who value this kind of stuff, unopened products that are kept in good condition, but it's a gimmick and the sign of a larger problem.

The people who would buy this collection are the kind of people who pray on people who value things like this so they can make a buck. Some guy with $550k is going to buy this collection, then sell each game and console individually for far more than he paid to some random nerd on the internet who thinks that having an unopened game or console from 1984 is actually WORTH something.

Considering the rate that technology advances, most of this guy's collection is utterly worthless and can be found at garage sales and pawn shops for dirt cheap, if you really have a nerdgasm over this kind of stuff. The last thing on most people's mind when they buy a video game is leaving it in the box, unopened, so they can sell it 30 years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Just an FYI, the value of having a video game or a console lies in actually playing it. No one is going to care if you say 'I have an original NES still in the box with collectors edition Zelda and Mario/Duckhunt game with the light gun!' At best they will be like 'why did you buy it if you weren't going to play the shit out of it?' Sure, there are people out there who value this kind of stuff, unopened products that are kept in good condition, but it's a gimmick and the sign of a larger problem.

The people who would buy this collection are the kind of people who pray on people who value things like this so they can make a buck. Some guy with $550k is going to buy this collection, then sell each game and console individually for far more than he paid to some random nerd on the internet who thinks that having an unopened game or console from 1984 is actually WORTH something.

Considering the rate that technology advances, most of this guy's collection is utterly worthless and can be found at garage sales and pawn shops for dirt cheap, if you really have a nerdgasm over this kind of stuff. The last thing on most people's mind when they buy a video game is leaving it in the box, unopened, so they can sell it 30 years down the road.
    ^^ does not get the point of collecting

Quote Originally Posted by Madmajix View Post
    ^^ does not get the point of collecting
    yeah, what is the point of collecting?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    If I had the spare cash I think I'd buy it.

Edit: Just took a look at the collection and it's truly jaw-dropping.
    Last edited by mmocaf5892d726; 2013-02-08 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a really big collection. Shame I don't have the money for it. Then again, even if I did have the money I don't even think I WOULD buy it.

does not get the point of collecting
    No, I understand the point of collecting completely. I just don't agree that it's a smart or fun thing to do. The act itself is built upon this false premise that the stuff you're acquiring will build in value and really be worth hanging onto for some random day where someone else will come along and offer you an insane amount of money for your collectible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Thats pretty subjective to say. I think with todays new generation of young millionares he will find a buyer
    Doubt it, this is more something older people will buy, to many things from before my time, and other young millionaires their time.
    While a very nice collection, for me, many of those things are just outdated trash.

And while I can easily buy it, games that I won't be playing ain't worth my money... I'm not the kind of guy that sees a point in collecting stuff.

Deleted
    Current bid: US $550,000.00

WHOA!!

If I had the money I would easily buy it.

Deleted
    someone actually put a bid on it!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    555k for a bunch of old games?lmfao
    Your understanding of a bunch is clearly far more liberal then mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Your understanding of a bunch is clearly far more liberal then mine.
    What about "a whole bunch" lol

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    must find 550 g I WANT THIS!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.