Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

[TV] The Clone Wars

Couldn't find a thread about this so I made one. Does anybody else watch this awesome amazing show. 5th season is almost done, and the show just keeps getting better.

I will say that the first season is a little rough, but the second and beyond of this show are great and no fan of Star Wars should miss this show.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    I usually watch it when the season is over, so i haven't watched any of this season yet. Really good show though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I usually watch it when the season is over, so i haven't watched any of this season yet. Really good show though.
    Be in for a ride, Don't want to spoil anything but its the best season yet imo.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Mediocre show to be quite honest, with sometimes one or two story arcs per season actually being good.
    Like the Nightsisters arc, Death Watch etc.

At least it is better than the garbage called Episode 1&2

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Be in for a ride, Don't want to spoil anything but its the best season yet imo.
    Last few episodes were good but the 3 before that with the droids going on that mission was horrible .

3 Best episodes were the ones in season 3 where Anakin, Obi-wan and Ahsoka stranded on Mortis monolith, at least if you've read the Fate of the jedi series, makes a bit more sense then.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Can I get it on iTunes? I don't know if it is actually aired anywhere in the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait so this show is actually good? I thought it would be horrible and something that was being milked... Maybe I'll give it a shot.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Wait so this show is actually good? I thought it would be horrible and something that was being milked... Maybe I'll give it a shot.
    First season is kinda bad, because they tried to make it for kids, 2nd season on is amazing with each season getting better. They realized they should make a show for SW fans instead of kids specifically.

Thing is you can't really skip the first season because most of season 3 relates to season 1.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    The last Deathwatch/Darth Maul story arc was really good. It was a bit sad to see Satine die, considering how much time they've spent fleshing out her character and her relationship with Obi-wan. At least I hope we get to see more of her sister, Katee Sackhoff is awesome.

It's decent I just wish it wasn't on cartoon network at the worse possible time.

Is this the CGI series or the micro series we're talking about?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    I miss the Genndy version. It amazes me how few people know it ever existed and in its short total time it's, IMO, better than the new CG clone wars.

I still get shivers at how incredible this is.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

I remember the old one but I don't remember it lasting long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    It's decent I just wish it wasn't on cartoon network at the worse possible time.
    Good thing its on starwars.com every sunday.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Holy crap. Did anyone else find today's episode amazing?

The Hitchcock homage. Ahsoka on the run. The way the Republic is developing and shifting to what we see at the end of Episode 3. Hell, even the cameos and scenery made this, right down to that final scene. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Part two of the four-part finale. I cannot wait for next week.

Here's a trailer for all four: http://starwars.com/watch/the-clone-...e-trailer.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rainec View Post
    I miss the Genndy version. It amazes me how few people know it ever existed and in its short total time it's, IMO, better than the new CG clone wars.

I still get shivers at how incredible this is.

This is the major problems I have with anything post the original Clone Wars series in there Grievous was a complete and utter badass that was built to be a Jedi killer anything less then a Jedi Master had no chance against him and it was awesome. Then we got the third movie and the new Clone Wars cartoon show and they continue to make him look pathetic besides a few and far between moments. They just absolutely ruined his character which is really sad especially when in the Clone Wars they had Gungans take him down all I could when I saw it was shake my head and say they seriously let Gungans take out Grievous

Damn you writers of this show stop shitting on this character.

I'm sorry you don't like that characters actually have character, he is kinda bad ass but hes also a little bitch because he got killed and put back together.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

The problem is Grievous he is usually not threatening to the heroes except for a few episodes. I mean you compare him to the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon my lord the tension you felt watching these Jedi's fight for their lives was intense. You could see the look of fear and dread upon their face as they faced this monster. Here and in the movie he is only a fraction of what he use to be which is sad again he has had a few episodes that he began to regain his awesomeness but then they put the seal of being an eternal loser when he GOT TAKEN OUT BY GUNGANS. There is no coming back from being taken out by Gungans he shouldn't come back because he is now the laughing stock of the Star Wars universe.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    The last Deathwatch/Darth Maul story arc was really good. It was a bit sad to see Satine die, considering how much time they've spent fleshing out her character and her relationship with Obi-wan. At least I hope we get to see more of her sister, Katee Sackhoff is awesome.
    The good part was seeing Darth Sidious in action I do hope we'll be seeing more of him in this way instead of his usual form.

Overall the show is really quite good, it's very different from Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars (ie Samurai Jack in space) both in style and story arc.

After the less the stellar droid episodes I'm really looking forward to the current Ahsoka episodes, that started two(?) weeks ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    The good part was seeing Darth Sidious in action I do hope we'll be seeing more of him in this way instead of his usual form.
    Oh definitely, it was the best duel of the season since the encounter between Dart Maul/Savage vs Obi-wan in the premiere. It even managed to eclipse the air combat scenes, which were quite amazing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    Holy crap. Did anyone else find today's episode amazing?

The Hitchcock homage. Ahsoka on the run. The way the Republic is developing and shifting to what we see at the end of Episode 3. Hell, even the cameos and scenery made this, right down to that final scene. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I really liked the darker tone of the scenery. There were definitely bits and pieces of the Imperial style in the detention facility and the clones' outfits, especially compared to the prison Obi infiltrated in season 4. I thought Barriss Offee was the 'pacifist jedi' behind the terrorist attack, but after seeing the way Ahsoka got framed, it seems a little out of her league. Overall, quite excited to see how it all turns out.