Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,218
    I don't have any interest in playing an RPG that has any involvement with the time periods in the movies. In fact, I would certainly not play that game just because I am not interested in that story at all. I'd rather pretend SWTOR's stories never existed and let someoe take a solo RPG story as far as it can go.

    Even better if they give 4-8 different classes and stories you can take part in...minus the MMO fail.
    BAD WOLF

  2. #22
    Mechagnome Finangus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ...in the mountains.
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If it ignores the silliness of the Force Unleashed games then I say FUCK YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!
    Force Unleashed? Oh, do you mean Star Wars Ball Z?

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    This would be my biggest concern. KotOR 2 was one of the worst games that I've ever finished. I kept playing it, expecting to get to "the good part" at any moment, and then the game ended. I literally did not enjoy the game for even a moment. It was terrible, and not just because it was incomplete. The story and the gameplay just weren't fun.

    If I am not mistaken, KotOR2 was an Obsidian game, right? Yeah, I'm not going to get my hopes up on any Star Wars games that come from them in the future.
    While I won't disagree that you yourself did not enjoy the game, I do have to disagree that the story and gameplay were not fun. KOTOR 2 featured a more morally grey world (although the choice responses were oddly enough almost purely binary), and Kreia became one of the most intriguing characters [to me] outside of Revan. The gameplay was robust with a lot of powers and options, and thankfully it enhanced the performance of blaster wielders.

    In all, I have enjoyed all of Obsidian's work. Its most certainly all rough around the edges, but they tend to put a unique stamp on their work that makes it just a little different from everything else out there. To me, the uniqueness makes up for the lack of polish. I personally loved KOTOR 2 and more recently Alpha Protocol (a game I've replayed a dozen times to get every achievement and see every unique scene).

    I think they could do a GREAT job and I hope they get their pitch approved. The timeframe would also be very interesting as it would be almost a constant game of losing ground as the Empire closes in, with Vader killing Jedi left and right. You would also get to see how the galactic population handles the news that Jedi are traitors, whether they blindly believe it or not. Its awesome to think of the possibilities, especially if there is some meter that raises your notoriety the more overtly you use The Force.

    So basically, I remain hopeful.

  4. #24
    Loved KoTOR2. Love Obsidian. Love Star Wars. Will be waiting for this game for sure.

  5. #25
    Fallout + Star Wars !?!?!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

  6. #26
    it's always either the old republic or the movie era.... fuck that. go into the goddamn future for fuck's sake >.<

    i wanna fight some fucking vong, or go to an era even beyond cade's time. the movie era and the old republic have been done to death, it's time to step into the future.

  7. #27
    I wish they would stop pumping out star wars games in general. There is nothing new they could possibly do with the series. I have played over 20 different star wars games, I certainly don't need more.

  8. #28
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,295
    I just hope its not Fallout gameplay with a StarWars skin.

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    I wish they would stop pumping out star wars games in general. There is nothing new they could possibly do with the series. I have played over 20 different star wars games, I certainly don't need more.
    The SW IP is raped and taken advantage of more than anything else in the world. I say let the IP either rest for some years or let it die.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    The SW IP is raped and taken advantage of more than anything else in the world. I say let the IP either rest for some years or let it die.
    No chance of that happening, new movies out in the next few years, followed by game tie ins, most likely 3-4 per movie like the last 3 to come out.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    This would be my biggest concern. KotOR 2 was one of the worst games that I've ever finished. I kept playing it, expecting to get to "the good part" at any moment, and then the game ended. I literally did not enjoy the game for even a moment. It was terrible, and not just because it was incomplete. The story and the gameplay just weren't fun.

    If I am not mistaken, KotOR2 was an Obsidian game, right? Yeah, I'm not going to get my hopes up on any Star Wars games that come from them in the future.
    Finally someone who agrees with me.

    I found the story of KotoR 2 to be meh at the most, and i even gave it a second chance with the resto patch. The companions where boring (apart from atton) and the bad guys seemed a cliché (an inhuman monster who was once possibly a man, an unkillable man who only wanted to be loved and a crazy mentor.)


    I'm on the fence about this game, I get the feeling with the time frame it is in we won't be seeing Jedi. I wonder what the classes will be? The Empire vs a barely started rebellion? sounds like a one sided story unless they make it like guild wars and only have 1 faction.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    No chance of that happening, new movies out in the next few years, followed by game tie ins, most likely 3-4 per movie like the last 3 to come out.
    Yeah, that's the sad part. It's just going to be exploited badly for money and these people will expect you to take it up the butt. I mean, really, do we need an offshoot Yoda movie or an offshoot Han Solo origin story? No, we don't.

    Last good game for the SW universe was Rogue Squadron back on the N64.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I think they could do a GREAT job and I hope they get their pitch approved. The timeframe would also be very interesting as it would be almost a constant game of losing ground as the Empire closes in, with Vader killing Jedi left and right. You would also get to see how the galactic population handles the news that Jedi are traitors, whether they blindly believe it or not. Its awesome to think of the possibilities, especially if there is some meter that raises your notoriety the more overtly you use The Force.
    I'm not sure if they'd go that far with the handling of the Force, as interesting a mechanic as that would be, since there would be the concern that some players might feel too restricted when it comes to using the iconic powers of the franchise.

    I do agree wholeheartedly agree with the rest of what you said. Even with the bad taste Bioware's handling of the Old Republic left in my mouth, as soon as I read the OP, I actually got excited for a Star Wars RPG again. Obsidian's morally grey storytelling set in one of the darkest times in the history of both the Jedi and Star Wars in general?

    What's the fastest way I can send Disney enough money to get on board with this idea?
    Last edited by RadasNoir; 2013-02-09 at 09:40 AM.
    The most dangerous man in the world is neither good nor evil, for no one truly knows what that madman will do.

  14. #34
    I'd rather have Old Republic era. I'm still disappointed that SWTOR was an MMO rather than just a single player RPG, it completely ruined it trying to mix aspects of both IMO. But still, I'll try to hope that this game is decent.

  15. #35
    If it is a true RPG like KOTOR i'm there, anything less than pure pen-and-paper style character development and I'll pass.

    It will probably suck, but I hope it doesn't.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    I wish they would stop pumping out star wars games in general. There is nothing new they could possibly do with the series. I have played over 20 different star wars games, I certainly don't need more.
    I played many star wars games as well, but I love new ones too. If the universe is entertaining, why not?

  17. #37
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    If it is a true RPG like KOTOR i'm there, anything less than pure pen-and-paper style character development and I'll pass.

    It will probably suck, but I hope it doesn't.
    Agree 100%. I want my DnD inspired, (semi) turn based, Star Wars RPG goodness! Not in the era they're talking about though, At this stage I'd rather see either Pre Old Republic (someone mentioned Mandalorian Wars... YES!) or possibly go rriigghhtt out there and set it in the New Jedi Order era, during the Yuuzhan Vong conflict.
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  18. #38
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,239
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    you mean Disney, remember its no longer George's to fuck up.

    He no longer owns Lucas Arts but it's still there. So you are right and wrong, kinda.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I played many star wars games as well, but I love new ones too. If the universe is entertaining, why not?
    Its not entertaining anymore though, its the same shit over and over again.

  20. #40
    Obsidian should focus on their it seams lost Wheel of Time project fuck star wars

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •