Poll: What would you do if you found Horse meat in Beef product

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's not really the fault of the shops themselves, this stuff is supposed to be assured by the EU.

I don't mind that there's horsemeat in stuff, but I can't accept buying horsemeat and being lead on to believe it's beef

at least we know where Shergar ended up, in mah curreh!

In my homeland horse meat is considered as "the best meat" and is often used in traditional food... and it could easily cost twice as much as the best beef of pork. Also, it it is really yum, much better then most beef, so I really don't get why would somone sell horse meat labeled as a beef, must be something wrong with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    at least we know where Shergar ended up, in mah curreh!
    Is... is this why Old Blanchy was killed?!

I've never had horse but I suppose I wouldn't mind. It's not like people care what's in Chicken McNuggets and such and those things are almost assuredly 1000x worse for you then horse meat could ever be.

I wouldn't eat it but I imagine people are so worked up because in cultures horses are seen as somewhat intelligent animals that people enjoy being around.

I myself really like horses and would like to buy my own one day...to ride not BBQ lol.

Just a culture thing I guess.

what i don't get is the decision making over this, was it like one day they were all standing around the processing yard thinking 'hey guys the cow stocks are getting a bit thin, lets use some of them horses noone will tell the difference'

or was it more like someone bumping into the conveyor belt leaver which switched the dog food line into the minced beef line, shenanigans i say!

send it back, if they're ok with selling you horse meat labeled as beef what else are they ok with?

Horse meat is extremely delicious.

My god, they're converting to the Dothraki life style. WHERE IS OUR KHALEESI?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Horse meat is extremely delicious.
    So is a strawberry milkshake, but I wouldn't like it if I paid for something else and got that instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainiunit View Post
    My god, they're converting to the Dothraki life style. WHERE IS OUR KHALEESI?!
    The Khaleesi is an old lady sat in a big palace. She owns many horses, therefore she must be Dothraki!

Like many who have already posted, I don't think I would mind eating horse meat IF it was properly labelled. However, if I buy beef, I expect it to be 100% beef.

refund it and get the double the money back? If I wanted horse meat I'd buy that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Don't care, I only care about the nutritional information is correct.

If I bought a beef product I expect a beef product even tho if you can eat it! I'd return it

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Horsemeat taste great. Don't see a problem here. Only problem would be if they said it was something else but that still doesn't change that horsemeat taste great.

Not beef? What is it then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seosaimhin View Post
    I'd be more bothered by the mislabel than by eating horse meat, I think.
    this ^ I have no problem in eating horse meat but stuff need to be labelled properly

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Horsemeat taste great. Don't see a problem here. Only problem would be if they said it was something else but that still doesn't change that horsemeat taste great.
    You don't see a problem yet you just described the problem.