Poll: What would you do if you found Horse meat in Beef product

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally I wouldn't care, as long as it tasted good to me.

I can understand why some people are unhappy though if they have been sold beef products and got horse, and they have an issue with eating horse meat. (even though I suspect 95% of these issues or more based on not liking the idea of it rather than the flavour )

I don't like the idea of eating horses. There are some animals we generally do not eat, usually because we consider them as companions.

Horses are treated more like friends than food, that's why alot of people are adversed to it. I think of them like cats or dogs.

Would you happily eat dog?
    Sure if it had been bred for that purposes and tasted nice... would I eat someones personal pet? No, that seems unnecessary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont mind at all, i've eaten Reindeer and it tastes amazing!
    Horse meat, what does it get classified as? Venison? although its not hunted for sport or food :/

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no issues with eating horse. However, if I buy a product, I expect to be buying what it's labelled as.

I think that the biggest surprise is that these cheap meals and burgers contained so much meat (of any variety) in the first place.

Deleted
    well according the latest news, all processed beef products in the UK are to be tested within the next 6 days.
    Aldi have already confirmed that they have found Horse meat in some of their products, and the meat has been traced to a supplier in Romania.

Would not surprise me if more is found.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and it does make you wonder just how many other products are afflicted by similar issues, or even more sinister ingredients. Either way, no one should be misinformed as to what they're purchasing - especially when it comes to food.

Deleted
    Horse meat tastes awesome, however if I buy beef I want beef and nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will try just about anything once. As long as it's made clear what type of meat i'm eating I'm cool with it.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

I agree with some of the comments. I'd happily eat it, but I would return it as it was mislabeled and always it was a fuck up that caused this, I don't want to know what else may have been fucked up

Really don't see the point in complaining. I have had said products which have the chance of having horse meat in them and I really don't care.

These people wouldn't be so fucking fussy if they were starving like half the worlds population. They should be greatful they have easy access to food and focus on things that actually matter.

I would just feel kind of bad about eating a horse. I mean, we use them as forms of transportation and to carry our burdens, they become companions. It would kind of be like eating a dog for me, just doesn't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Jakken View Post
    I would just feel kind of bad about eating a horse. I mean, we use them as forms of transportation and to carry our burdens, they become companions. It would kind of be like eating a dog for me, just doesn't feel right.
    Come on, you hardly use a horse for anything these days, Mongols use them for transportation and they live off them. I doubt you have the same attatchement to a horse than the mongolian people had during there empire days.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Come on, you hardly use a horse for anything these days, Mongols use them for transportation and they live off them. I doubt you have the same attatchement to a horse than the mongolian people had during there empire days.
    I don't own dogs either, still wouldn't eat one. I just feel like they've been such an integral part of our history, it just doesn't feel right. Also, the Canadian mounted Police ride horses, they're as symbolic as the mounties themselves too me.

10+ Year Old Account
    If something is mislabeled by a company that's a crime and that would irritate me. However, I dislike horses and the kind of people who keep them as pets and I find the idea of them being butchered for meat very satisfying.

I think the real issue here is the dodgy meat producers adding cheap horse meat and selling it as the more expensive beef. This is all about profit and yet again the apathetic brits will just laugh about it and carry on as if its normal.

Imagine the shitstorm if it had been pork products hidden in food in a Muslim country or Israel. There was something in the news the other day about pork products finding their way into Halal meals in prisons in the UK but that seems to have been buried.

The Government here are up in arms about it (ready meals) and all I can think about is what other bad news are they trying to hide while we discuss dobbin?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Jakken View Post
    I don't own dogs either, still wouldn't eat one. I just feel like they've been such an integral part of our history, it just doesn't feel right. Also, the Canadian mounted Police ride horses, they're as symbolic as the mounties themselves too me.
    people have pet pigs and cows, should we stop eating them too?

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 02:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bellfour View Post
    I think the real issue here is the dodgy meat producers adding cheap horse meat and selling it as the more expensive beef. This is all about profit and yet again the apathetic brits will just laugh about it and carry on as if its normal.

Imagine the shitstorm if it had been pork products hidden in food in a Muslim country or Israel. There was something in the news the other day about pork products finding their way into Halal meals in prisons in the UK but that seems to have been buried.

The Government here are up in arms about it (ready meals) and all I can think about is what other bad news are they trying to hide while we discuss dobbin?
    That might be true, if horse was cheaper than other meats, but it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    no problem with eating horsemeat but it shouldn't be labeled as beef
    +1 I'd like to try horse. I'd imagine it's similar to buffalo, just because horses aren't lazy cows, they get around

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    people have pet pigs and cows, should we stop eating them too?[COLOR="red"]
    It's just my opinion, I'm not saying it's right or wrong for you to eat horse meat, I'd just never do it out of principle.

Would return it.
    I have no problems with horse meat, but the chemicals the horse is fed on, and is still in that meat when it's turned to lasanga, is dangerous to humans.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    Would return it.
    I have no problems with horse meat, but the chemicals the horse is fed on, and is still in that meat when it's turned to lasanga, is dangerous to humans.
    You would be eating horse meat bred for consumption, not some random horse that just happened to stroll into the slaughterhouse..........