View Poll Results: What would you do if you found Horse meat in Beef product

Voters
302. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would eat it, Meat is meat.

205 67.88%
  • Would return it, No Horse meat for me.

97 32.12%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Going by this poll it is a wonder why more companies do not lie to consumers. That is if they are not doing it already of course. People do not give a shit about much, but I already knew that.
    Quite a large number of people posting about this are only seeing the issue of the actual meat being horse instead of cow, so the votes will be all over the place. The point which has people worried is if it was butchered properly, and if the meat is even safe for human comsumption by not being full of steroids. If they lie about what meat goes in to their food then what makes people think the producer would have the integrity to ensure the horsemeat is safe for human consumption?

People aren't seeing the potential issues here.

This might been said before, its not about that its horse meat instead of some other meat, its the drugs (some sort of painkillers) the used on the horse thats not to good for humans.
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

I'd be happy they didn't charge me extra for horse.

Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    This might been said before, its not about that its horse meat instead of some other meat, its the drugs (some sort of painkillers) the used on the horse thats not to good for humans.
    Exactly. The fact that it is not subject to quality control is the critical factor.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

Been lot fuss about the whole horse meat lasagna here in Sweden to, but heard that some drugs been given to the horses that had left traces in the meat. Dont remember what they said if it a bad thing tho.
    And apparently around 8000 horses went missing here last year which sounds abit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    That's not a real argument.
    He said "meat is meat", so it's a perfect argument.
    The question isn't why do I kill. The question is, why I don't kill everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    i dont understand all the fuzz about this..

meat is meat..?
    the fact that you pay for something and get something different is the real problem