10+ Year Old Account

Looking for Good Wireless Gaming Headset

So I've been playing a lot of games on my computer and Xbox at night recently and it's been waking up the girlfriend. So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good wireless gaming headset with a mic.

I'd go wired, but I have cats and they don't get along well with cords.

Looking for something with good sound.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 04:23 PM ----------

Was thinking of getting these - Corsair Vengeance 2000 - but any input would be appreciated.

Also, I have a sound bar on my TV and all my devices are hooked up to that through HDMI, would that cause any issues?

I don't know what your budget is, but I've got Astro A50's and they're amazing. If you're going to have a look at them though, don't go by the price on their website, you can get them much cheaper.

Deleted
    Corsair Vengeance 2000 like you mention in OP is pretty good, decent quality and price.

Hands down the best wireless Headset is the Logitech G930 ....do a search on google or check it out on newegg $99 us
    Last edited by crazmit; 2013-02-09 at 08:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    I don't know what your budget is, but I've got Astro A50's and they're amazing. If you're going to have a look at them though, don't go by the price on their website, you can get them much cheaper.
    Seconded, and I suppose another thumbs up from my brother. Best pair I ever owned, which I got on my brother's recommendation (he has about $1200 or so in headsets right now). I use it for my PC gaming.

As for your last question, most headsets I've noticed use optical for sound. For my home theatre I have my EarForce Delta hooked up on my TV's optical out. In order to get sound out to it, I have to pass the signal from whatever device I'm using (360, PS3, WiiU, or Cable) though with my receiver off. Basically, I turn the TV, receiver, and device on, and make sure the receiver has the correct device selected, and then I have to turn off the receiver and wait a few seconds and everything works fine. If you only have one gaming system, you can simply connect the headset to the system's optical out.

The only other headset I own is the Steelseries 5H USB. I got it on sale for $80, but it was worth about $150 at the time I got it, and I was pretty happy with it. But after using the A50, I don't think I can go back. That being said, the one you list there seems pretty decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just looked some more into the Corsair Vengeance 2000 and the Logitech G930. Turns out neither of them work on Xbox, which is kind of a bummer.