Hello, going to start progression on Tsulong this sunday... just wanted to drop by and ask for some advice.
- any special glyphs / talents helpful there
- how do you use your CDs?
- do you have time to CL the small fearing adds?
- anything else what worth to mention how this fight could be specific for Elemental?
Originally Posted by Socialhealer
he wants to play ele shaman but it's always fucked up, so it's a state of permanently insulted, i understand that feeling as an ele shaman.
I only did a few tries as elemental before going Resto but here goes :
- if you have a drood, ask for symbiosis, you'll get beam of light which silences the fearing adds just long enough for you to kill them (I don't know you comp but you should be assigned to killing them with a dk or hunt SV to kill them asap)
- Elemental Bind works on unstable sha, they can't cast so they won't "suicide" but this is VERY usefull to make the Day->Night transition smoother (even more if you have a lock you can ban another one)
- I didn't have time to test but I think PE can be very strong, you get 2 minutes of improved FET on the 4 minutes when you actually hit the boss himself, tinker with it and see for yourself (or if someone can confirm/infirm)
- Ascendance can be tricky to use because of the Dark of Night but if your fellow dps can manage them without you (and they probably will) you can just use Ascendance when it's up (beginning of both night phases)
- consider glyphing Thunderstorm especially if you're the only one with a bump, it sucks because you have to remove glyph of CL but that can work
- if you can throw some heals with the breath buff it's a big plus BUT you'll most likely not have time to do so
Ok so as I said the day/night transition is going to be the cornerstone of the fight (especially with 3 heals), pop Lust when the 3rd big sha spawns it will help a lot !
Sha isn't really hard, IMO Zor'lok or Unsok are "harder" because people fail...
Unsok is not hard to do correctly though... since the 2nd week farming it we almost one shot it every time because people finally figured out how to do it every time with out messing up. The only time we wipe tbh is when a new trial messes it up. Doesn't really make it a truly hard boss. It also only took about 1 night to kill in the first place too.