Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Today ATVI stock jumped 11.19% after the earnings call of yesterday.

Macquarie upgraded the stock from Neutral to Outperform.

Investors were impressed with the overall revenue performance.

Anyone has stocks ?

So you are saying Activision-Blizzard's viability as an investment doesn't hinge entirely on Wow subscription numbers? Who would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigeuner View Post
    I'd like to see those numbers once Disney's Skylanders takes off fully. As The Annoyed Gamer said in one of his shows, Disney will eventually use their Marvel license and Pirates to it's fullest potential and we'll see how the stocks are then. They might not make a dent as Skylanders is already in homes but even after all that, it's Disney!
    Toys and kids games fall in and out fashion rather quickly and usually only have one or two Christmases at the top so I don't think it is a question of if Skylanders is overtaken by the next big thing more when. I think the biggest issue ATVI will face is extracting the maximum amount of money out of the franchise without turning customers off of the brand early like they did with Guitar Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Because of what they said about Launchin Skylanders in china and them working on a new CoD game. Don't cream your pants guys it's not because of Blizzard.

... too late... BenBos probably already did.
    So when Actvision-Blizzard's stock goes down it is all Wow's fault but when it does well it is because of an Activision product? What the fuck? I just love hater logic.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 07:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    And this is WoW related.... how?
    I like how all of a sudden Activision-Blizzard has nothing to do with Wow when it puts Wow in a good light. These forums are a joke.

Wow, you people must really be drinking the koolaid if you believe a stock went up because wow is back to losing hundreds of thousands of subscribers(something anyone with a functioning brain that isn't blinded by fanboy delusions knew would happen) per quarter. I'd forgotten how many blind idiots there were around here
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Same. He will likely get me infracted again.
    No you will get infracted because you are completely incapable of accepting that people maybe just maybe think differently than you and as a result think it is ok to harass them. Don't blame anyone but yourself.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 07:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    I wouldnt invest a cent in activision blizzard. They are just milking, its for now but I doubt it will in the longer term. Blizzard lost its edge competitor are starting to do as well or better now.
    What competitors? Every single mmo that has come out to compete with Wow has completely flopped and gone free to play with Rift being the only exception.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What has Zynga got to do with ATVI? Do you think that if ATVI performs badly stock holders will satisfied with it is not performing as badly as Zynga?
    You do realize ATVI doesn't exist in a vacuum right? If a company is performing better than almost every other company in the industry that tends to be a rather salient and pertinent fact.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 07:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    The only thing I have to say is that you can't have it both ways. When the stock goes up, you can't say that Blizzard had nothing to do with it if you're the first to say that it's all the fault of World of Warcraft when the stock goes down. I'm quite sure that there are many here that would say EXACTLY the opposite thing if the stock had dropped today.
    Exactly this. The haters are doing an excellent job of showing their true colors and the pathetic thing is they don't even seem to have the self awareness to realize it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 07:58 AM ----------

What? The Midas touch? Let's see in the past year they have fallen foul of Korean and German authorities for ignoring basic customer rights and their flagship game has yet again failed to hold on to its customers.
    Yes Blizzard is oh so terrible because they only managed to hold on to 9.6 million customers. Such a failure. Give me a fucking break.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:01 AM ----------

No it won't. What is there to attract new customers or existing ones back? If WOW can't gain subs over Christmas with a content patch and the launch of an expansion in China it is not going to do it it with 5.2.

I do see the trend and it is a slow decline in subs.
    You do realize Blizzard is going to make huge amounts of profit while subscriptions decline right? Also I find it quite humorous how people are all of a sudden pretending Asian players don't exist anymore since most of the losses in Q4 were from the Asian market. If subscriptions had gone up you people would be doing nothing but spamming the "Asians shouldn't count as subs" nonsense.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...then tell me, why DIDN'T the stocks jump up 11.19% or close to that at any single time durring Cata's time? Or Wrath - when the subs were at their highest? Right now there's WAY more competition against WoW than durring any of those expansions - and back then they had HIGHER subs!

You seriously think that WoW reporting a 400+ K sub LOSS is what bumped up those?
    I know this is a difficult concept for you haters to grasp but there is more to Wow and ATVI than subscription numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So when Actvision-Blizzard's stock goes down it is all Wow's fault but when it does well it is because of an Activision product? What the fuck? I just love hater logic.

I like how all of a sudden Activision-Blizzard has nothing to do with Wow when it puts Wow in a good light. These forums are a joke.
    Activision earnings call with no other news than "wow subs dropped", "someday we will launch blizzard dota" and well known facts like "skylanders is doing good" = stocks drop because nothing is coming up to ensure profits raise a lot. Some stock owners dont like when stuff is too stable, even when its going good. Thats just how they are.

Activision earnings call with "subs dropped" but then "Hey skylanders is going to CHINA, the biggest and largest area with huge market for games" = stocks raise because skylanders (that is one of the two profit makers of activision) is going to huge market that might give massive amounts of profits for the company.

It is not all black and white. This is not "hater logic", this is just LOGIC

Go back and read the thread. Profits are up because of box sales not subscriber numbers. What about next year looks very promising?
    Actually profits are up because most of the subscription losses were in Asian markets. Get a clue please.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:10 AM ----------

Q4 2011 saw a loss of 100k subscribers taking the total number of subscribers to 10.2 million.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...00k-in-Q4-2011

Why is it not rational to believe that WOW will continue to lose subscribers? Why do you think the performance of other games is important does it change the fact that WOW is losing subs? Where did I say that WOW is terrible? I like WOW, I play WOW and will continue to do so until I feel it is no longer worth the sub fee, am I not however blind to its and Blizzard's faults.
    The fact that Wow lost 3 million subscriptions and then gained 1 million leads me to believe Wow just simply isn't going to follow what have been historical trends with aging mmos. I'm sorry you people are hellbent on Wow dying but it isn't happening anytime soon and Blizzard has made it clear they have every ability to increase subscriptions even for an aging mmo.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    Don't forget that the annual pass still distorts the numbers as many people bought it just before Diablo 3 was released (like myself).
    And yet there are only 1.2 million annual pass holders. Let it go already.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Activision earnings call with no other news than "wow subs dropped", "someday we will launch blizzard dota" and well known facts like "skylanders is doing good" = stocks drop because nothing is coming up to ensure profits raise a lot. Some stock owners dont like when stuff is too stable, even when its going good. Thats just how they are.

Activision earnings call with "subs dropped" but then "Hey skylanders is going to CHINA, the biggest and largest area with huge market for games" = stocks raise because skylanders (that is one of the two profit makers of activision) is going to huge market that might give massive amounts of profits for the company.

It is not all black and white. This is not "hater logic", this is just LOGIC
    And yet Wow and Blizzard Entertainment are a significant part of Activision-Blizzard. You can't sit there and pick and choose when to acknowledge that. Again if stocks had plummeted you and many others in this thread would be blaming it on Wow. I know it, you know it and even the mods know it.

Actually profits are up because most of the subscription losses were in Asian markets. Get a clue please.
    Err? OK? If you say so.

The fact that Wow lost 3 million subscriptions and then gained 1 million leads me to believe Wow just simply isn't going to follow what have been historical trends with aging mmos. I'm sorry you people are hellbent on Wow dying but it isn't happening anytime soon and Blizzard has made it clear they have every ability to increase subscriptions even for an aging mmo.
    WOW gained 1 million subscribers due to an expansion launch and has held onto 60% of them in the next quarter for all we know that may have exceeded Blizzard's targets but it most certainly does not imply they have the ability to increase subscriptions unless you are suggesting they will release a new expansion every few months. Why do you think I am hellbent on WOW dying? Where have I mentioned that I think WOW is going to die anytime soon?

WOW has peaked and it is downhill from here, it doesn't change the fact that what has been achieved by Blizzard is nothing short of amazing and in no way impacts on my enjoyment of the game. Why do you spend your time here insulting people who do not share your opinions? Why can't you just enjoy the game and stop worrying about what others think?

Deleted
    So much clueless shit being spewn here. Some numbers directly from the Blizzard pdf:
    Segment income from operations for the Three Months And Year Ended December 31, 2012 and 2011 in million $: Activision 1,055, Blizzard 88.

So, THIS IS ALL ABOUT BLIZZARD, right?

GAAP Net Revenues by Geographic Region for the Year Ended December 31, 2012 in million $:
    North America 2,436 1% increase
    Europe 1,968 1% decrease
    Asia Pacific 452 26% increase

So, "Actually profits are up because most of the subscription losses were in Asian markets", right, zanzul?

Get the eff out of economic discussion and get back to killing virtual bears with your virtual "rouge".

Deleted
    And yet Wow and Blizzard Entertainment are a significant part of Activision-Blizzard. You can't sit there and pick and choose when to acknowledge that. Again if stocks had plummeted you and many others in this thread would be blaming it on Wow. I know it, you know it and even the mods know it.
    "you and others" - yeah no.
    Did you even read my post? I dont do it. Just because wows sub going down is/can be PART of stocks going down doesnt mean I blame simply wow for it.

"wow subs dropped", "someday we will launch blizzard dota" "skylanders is doing good", "diablo sold well" = "we are doing ok but we are not releasing any profitable games anytime soon at this time" = stocks drop/dont raise due nothing happening/being announced?

Wow subs dropped, "Hey skylanders is going to CHINA", "new cod is coming" = "We are having new huge profitable things in future" = stocks go up despite wows sub lower.

At this case stocks going up has nothing to do with wow. Why would it be.

Same. He will likely get me infracted again.
    Only one that can get you infracted is you man. Unless of course, he has the ability to control your hands from wherever he is from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

And yet there are only 1.2 million annual pass holders. Let it go already.
    "only" 1.2 million? you must be kidding?

Because of what they said about Launchin Skylanders in china and them working on a new CoD game. Don't cream your pants guys it's not because of Blizzard.

... too late... BenBos probably already did.
    Who gives a fuck as to the actual reason it went up? Time for some people to make some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    Who gives a fuck as to the actual reason it went up? Time for some people to make some money.
    The haters care. Cybran is a known individual of those.

The only thing I have to say is that you can't have it both ways. When the stock goes up, you can't say that Blizzard had nothing to do with it if you're the first to say that it's all the fault of World of Warcraft when the stock goes down. I'm quite sure that there are many here that would say EXACTLY the opposite thing if the stock had dropped today.
    People on the other side of the debate are ironically doing the exact same thing. So how is this fair to either side?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    People on the other side of the debate are ironically doing the exact same thing. So how is this fair to either side?
    How is "You can't have it both ways" and providing a simple example of people trying to do that unfair?

Of course it means both sides. That's what "You can't have it both ways" means. That was the point.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

they're a great company, just not a gamer's company.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 07:01 PM ----------

How is "You can't have it both ways" and providing a simple example of people trying to do that unfair?

Of course it means both sides. That's what "You can't have it both ways" means. That was the point.
    are you the one who used to be moanalisa?

Yes [hope you don't mind the in-post edit]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-10 at 12:20 AM.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Blizzard used to mean "day 1" purchases for me. Since D3 and MOP not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post

they're a great company, just not a gamer's company.[COLOR="red"]
    There a great company to make profit and money. Hardcore gamers looking for something else the over simplistic casual games will have to look elsewhere. The latest WOW expansions and D3, I will really feel bad when I will buy a future Blizzard product. I no longer respect Blizzard as a company.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Blizzard used to mean "day 1" purchases for me. Since D3 and MOP not anymore.
    Oh noes Diablo 3 wasn't like diablo 2 blizzard hates everybody.

Oh noes this isnt the burning crusade ffs blizzard sucks. If anything MOP is the best expansion out. If you can't see that then well, i feel sorry for you.