1. #1

    Greivance: Gift of the Black Ox are way too small

    AS a Brewmaster tank for my Guild I have to keep my screen at max distance on every fight in MV and HOF. So why do the Orbs from this talent have to be so small. I never get to use them because I don't know when they are there.

    Sidestepping every five seconds isn't that hard but knowing when to when I really need to would help.
    Nothing worse than to reach out for a heal that isn't there.

    All I'm asking for is a Healing Orb size "Gift" or an Addon that will tell me where they are.

    Edit: If a mod could fix the title to : "Grievance: Gift of the Ox Healing Orbs are way too small" it would be appreciated
    I wrote this in the moment.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-02-07 at 08:10 PM.

  2. #2
    What kind of resolution are you playing with? I play at max distance most of the time with no issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

  3. #3
    Never been an issue for me, and I too play at max distance. I never look to see where they are tho, I just wiggle and that's enough to get them.

  4. #4
    This isn't the problem with Gift procs. The real problem with Gift procs has to do with strafing left and right and the boss for some UNKNOWN reason decides to reposition 40 yards away in some god-awful semi circle and continue moving until he is RIGHT IN YOUR GRILL.

    Seriously, the pathing sucks so bad this expansion. Remember those bad raiders that would be so close into the boss and die to mechanics they had to move from? The bosses are like that. They seem they want to be within 2 inches of your face.

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post
    What kind of resolution are you playing with? I play at max distance most of the time with no issue
    I play with 1920 x 1080 Resolution with the Graphics settings set on Good to High.

    I just see no reason why they really have to be that small. They are smaller than most critters. Most fights I'm on the move anyway so if a lot of them dropped in a specific location and I had to switch tanks or drop stacks its lost heals.

    I like to use every tool in my arsenal to stay alive but this is one ability that is I believe was added for flavor. Which I am all for, I just wish I could anticipate EXACTLY where they really are instead of guessing that I should wiggle hoping for a 1% heal.

  6. #6
    I'm playing at 1920x1080, can see them fine unless there is a lot of stuff going on near my character, in that case when I'm stationary I just strafe left and right slightly to pick up the orbs when I need the healing. If there is a lot of movement involved you'll pick up a lot anyway and there is no point, unless really necessary, to go out of your way to pick them up.
    Last edited by Ziktus; 2013-02-07 at 11:19 PM.

  7. #7
    I really wouldn't want them any bigger. I play at 2560x1440, max camera distance and have no problem finding them when I need them. Plus in any kind of AOE fight I get tons spawning - if they were bigger they'd either overlap like crazy or be far more spread out, neither of which is an option I like much.

  8. #8
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    183
    In response to Gynshon, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this; I'll be whacking away at the boss, notice my green bar is not as full as it used to be a second ago, so I tap A or D to pick up a few then settle back in to the same place I was tanking. Hold on a second! The boss seems to think that I had just completed a full obstacle course and am now hiding behind an invisible rock, so now all of a sudden I'm being attacked with the boss on my left side! So like a good tank, I have to reposition him so that his back is to the melee dps. Congratulations! The boss has now moved 30 yards away from where he was supposed to be tanked! Yay!

    Also, on a side note, I really enjoy my melee members dying to exhale on Vizier because they are so close to him that they can taste what he ate for breakfast and it's nearly impossible for me to find that milimeter of space so I can soak the beam as the tank... after explaining that his hitbox is nearly the size of Jupiter before every stinking pull...
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NRL1515 View Post
    In response to Gynshon, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this; I'll be whacking away at the boss, notice my green bar is not as full as it used to be a second ago, so I tap A or D to pick up a few then settle back in to the same place I was tanking. Hold on a second! The boss seems to think that I had just completed a full obstacle course and am now hiding behind an invisible rock, so now all of a sudden I'm being attacked with the boss on my left side! So like a good tank, I have to reposition him so that his back is to the melee dps. Congratulations! The boss has now moved 30 yards away from where he was supposed to be tanked! Yay!

    Also, on a side note, I really enjoy my melee members dying to exhale on Vizier because they are so close to him that they can taste what he ate for breakfast and it's nearly impossible for me to find that milimeter of space so I can soak the beam as the tank... after explaining that his hitbox is nearly the size of Jupiter before every stinking pull...
    I'm in the same boat on the pathing. My raid usually laughs when I start cursing up a storm over the boss doing that, or practically teabagging you when you reposition them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Nikkaszal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,081
    Circle-strafe instead of side-stepping to pick up your orbs.

    Not a large circle, of course, it's basically a slightly curvy sidestep.

    In any case, the only boss I've EVER had positioning problems with when it comes to GotO orbs are the MSV dogs - they're just complete arseholes when it comes to positioning anyway, as they just love wandering around even when you're not moving.

    My personal greivance with GotO is when I run over a clump of orbs when at half HP and step back into my original spot, to find I'm STILL at half HP and the orbs are still there because they decided they were going to be unco-operative and not be picked up.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  11. #11
    Yep, the strafing is a huge problem. There aren't that much encounters where a 100% position is needed, but sometimes it drives me crazy so see the boss moving around like a maniac after i just move left for 2 yards. Sometimes the meeles get wild in the teamspeak. And sha is even a bigger problem. But i'm not the only one with that problem. A grap spell would be nice. 1 min cd. Grapping all orbs. Yeah, i would love it.

  12. #12
    I still haven't seen the pathing issues where the boss decides to move in a huge fashion after we pick up GotO orbs. Not saying the issue isn't there, I'm just curious as to what we're doing differently. :s

    Also, I don't believe the GotO orbs need to be any bigger tbh. If they were then they'd risk completely overwhelming us and just being this gigantic ocean of green that we can't see past. Especially on Wind Lord Mel'jerak!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I still haven't seen the pathing issues where the boss decides to move in a huge fashion after we pick up GotO orbs. Not saying the issue isn't there, I'm just curious as to what we're doing differently. :s

    Also, I don't believe the GotO orbs need to be any bigger tbh. If they were then they'd risk completely overwhelming us and just being this gigantic ocean of green that we can't see past. Especially on Wind Lord Mel'jerak!
    Esp when glyphed that they stay for 3 minutes...if they would be bigger after 2 minutes into the fight all i would see is probably green.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I still haven't seen the pathing issues where the boss decides to move in a huge fashion after we pick up GotO orbs. Not saying the issue isn't there, I'm just curious as to what we're doing differently. :s
    Gara'jal seems to be a big offender of this. Moving for orbs or trying to tweak his position away from a totem that spawned on the melee pile can result in him orbiting you and stopping in a weird place (especially if you are trying to stay in the healing rain so your shmn don't complain).

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  15. #15
    What if you could glyph SCK to pull all orbs in it's range to you.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKeyedup View Post
    What if you could glyph SCK to pull all orbs in it's range to you.
    Interesting idea. SCKing on a single target fight could feel clunky though... But I must admit, on a fight like Wind Lord Mel'jerak that glyph would be borderline OP.

    People do in general like the idea of a button you can press to 'death grip' all orbs in to you, which I also like within reason. I think the heals need to be nerfed if that happens though, like the new healing orb design for 5.2: if you run over them, 100% healing, but if nobody picks them up within their lifespan then they heal the nearest person for 50%.

    So this button would pull all orbs to you, but all orbs would heal for 50% of their regular amount. Could possibly cost 1 Chi too, sounds fair to me.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    So this button would pull all orbs to you, but all orbs would heal for 50% of their regular amount. Could possibly cost 1 Chi too, sounds fair to me.
    That would seem fair to me, not that I'm a fan of getting extra buttons. Could also cross over for MW and have it "push" the orbs into nearby injured players.

    Does suck in fights that involve moving a lot you end up leaving your orb's behind and having to start a new pile elsewhere usually.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •