Alter time being used defensively

Why does no mages use this defensively?

Is mage defensive cds too good so they just use it for extra burst?
    Isn't it overkill for mages to have this when they don't really need more survivabillity or burst?

I guess that after both your iceblocks are gone because you wasted them on that 3 second fear you are obliged to have another abillity that saves your ass.

When mages use this defensively i usually end up killing them because they're like "meh, i don't need iceblock i got alter time" and get's hit by a touch of death.

Deleted
    i actually forget i have this ability on my mage, cant remember the last time i even used alter time.

Deleted
    Because it wont do you much good if anyone in the enemy team can dispell it?

Deleted
    Almost every team can and will dispell it.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i actually forget i have this ability on my mage, cant remember the last time i even used alter time.
    It's .. like .. crazy good. Offensively and defensively.

OT: My Mage is amazing with alter time, I haven't seen anyone use at as well as he does (apart from Jahmilli). It's an amazing spell and utility and is actually the main reason Fire burst during deep is broken at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    It's .. like .. crazy good. Offensively and defensively.

OT: My Mage is amazing with alter time, I haven't seen anyone use at as well as he does (apart from Jahmilli). It's an amazing spell and utility and is actually the main reason Fire burst during deep is broken at the moment.
    i know its good, i dont play mage as main and i always forget i have it :>

its like when i first got glaive toss on my hunter, i always forgot to use that.

Deleted
    It sucks defensively, unless a last resort; or faking people into jumping off BEM or Dalaran.

If you rely on it and it gets dispelled (which will always happen) your screwed.

In rated arena you won't be able to use the spell defensively if you are playing competent opponents.

alter time is the perfect ability, it can be incredibly powerful in some situations, and is a decent dps boost, most noobs however dont use it at all, making it easy for you to spot bads.

the only downside is its rediculusly long cd.. i like alter time, id love to use it more often.. if only tehy could reduce its cd.. to like 1min or even 30sec. (and ofc nerf out static dps to even it out), TIme warp is one ability that makes dpsing more dynamic!