Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Swtor] Patch 1.7 2/12

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for five and a half hours on Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 from 3:30AM CST (1:30AM PST/4:30AM EST/9:30AM GMT/10:30AM CET/8:30PM AEDT) until 9AM CST (7AM PST/10AM EST/3PM GMT/3PM CET/2AM AEDT). All game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than five and a half hours, but could be extended.

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree unveils a new in-game event, Relics of the Gree. Travel to Ilum to investigate the appearance of an ancient Gree starships, called “the Gray Secant.” The Reputation System is also introduced in this game update, which allows you to earn Reputation points by completing missions for organizations such as the Gree or the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire for great rewards.

After this maintenance is over, restart the game launcher to patch to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree.

Events are available to Free-to-Play Players and Subscribers at no additional cost. Visit the Free-to-Play Features Chart for more information.

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Tuesday, February 12th, 2013

Time: 3:30AM CST (1:30AM PST/4:30AM EST/9:30AM GMT/10:30AM CET/8:30PM AEDT) until 9AM CST (7AM PST/10AM EST/3PM GMT/3PM CET/2AM AEDT)

All game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than five and a half hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

(Source)

So... umm, unless I really missed something it looks like they are completely bypassing the PTS this time? After they said there would be character copies to test the content? I am confused

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    <Snip>

So... umm, unless I really missed something it looks like they are completely bypassing the PTS this time? After they said there would be character copies to test the content? I am confused
    You're confusion is confirmed. They did in fact say copy character to the PTS was coming for patch 1.7 I'm pretty sure of it. I was going to ask at some point if it was working for both f2p and sub players but I guess that's a moot point now.

Well looking back at this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Patch-1-7-PTR

They said for the next time the PTS is opened.. not 1.7 for sure... but still. I Can't believe they are completely bypassing the PTS :/

Character copy made it to the 1.7 PTS, but did you?

Hopefully this is miraculously more stable than prior patches.

Deleted
    I understand and agree with them skipping the PTS for the event part (all previous events also bypassed PTS) but surely the new Reputation system needs a test or 6?

I hope that whatever bug that crops up (and there will be one or more imo) gets fixed asap as in previous events. As for the Rep system.../cross fingers.

Deleted
    Cool, so this actually goes live before my subscription runs out. Curious to see how much is new content and how much new rewards for running old content ad nauseam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Cool, so this actually goes live before my subscription runs out. Curious to see how much is new content and how much new rewards for running old content ad nauseam.
    New content would be the Gree Rep missions/event.

Newish content would be the Heroic Space Rep missions (as they came out 2 months ago).

Voss and Belsavis Rep missions? Well Section X is relatively new but really for brand new you got the Gree and not much else.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would F2P players want to be part of an event when they can't equip the gear?

*Waves hand*

"You don't need to test to see if there will be severe lag issues on Ilum when this event happens."

"We don't need to test to see if there will be severe lag issues on Ilum when this event happens."

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Why would F2P players want to be part of an event when they can't equip the gear?
    Those authorizations can be purchased off the GTN for peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    So EA can convince them to give them money of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well looking back at this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Patch-1-7-PTR

They said for the next time the PTS is opened.. not 1.7 for sure... but still. I Can't believe they are completely bypassing the PTS :/
    They also said it would be open soon. Thats probable why you though (and almost everyone else) that it would be for 1.7.

So how long do you think this SOON is going to be? If they are not doing it for 1.7 then the next patch is 6 weeks away from the 12th so that would be 4 weeks plus the 3 already passed (if they use the PTS for 2 weeks before the next patch). I dont think soon would fit the case for 7 or more weeks away in this instance.

I kind of feel like they needed to put this up on PTS at least for a week before releasing. The other events may not have appeared on PTS but they did appear during beta testing. I don't expect many bugs from the rep grinds and quests there, but I have a feeling the lil event boss in the ship and the pvp in the zone is going to be wonky. Can't wait for the PTS to come back up so I can finally get some updated characters copied over there.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Let's wing it , whats the worst that could happen?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    "Let's wing it , whats the worst that could happen?"
    I'm pretty sure they already did that. We called it "launch".

BiowarEA breaks new ground in MMO development!
    Unearthing yet another Indian burial ground.

But seriously, is this a one time thing or the beginning of a trend? Obviously, we won't know right away but it's something to watch carefully.
    I, for one, am concerned about them throwing "measure twice, cut once" out for "cut once"
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    The other events may not have appeared on PTS but they did appear during beta testing. I don't expect many bugs from the rep grinds and quests there.
    And BioWare probably thought the same thing.
    -"How can the Reputation Grind and a few little quests bug? Pff, it'll be fine!"

I say I am a bit worried, while yet.. I have some faith. Just a little bit, that is. Seems we have to see for ourselves what will happen on Tuesday. (Lucky me, I got the day off)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they already did that. We called it "launch".
    Hmm, yeah i guess ahah

dammit - here I was thinking this was for D3 patch 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    dammit - here I was thinking this was for D3 patch 1.7
    Oops sorry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    BiowarEA breaks new ground in MMO development!
    Unearthing yet another Indian burial ground.

But seriously, is this a one time thing or the beginning of a trend? Obviously, we won't know right away but it's something to watch carefully.
    I, for one, am concerned about them throwing "measure twice, cut once" out for "cut once"
    "What's a ruler? Get the buzz saw."