Thread: Goldwise

Goldwise

Whats the best proffesion to choose to earn gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's SO many factors that change what that means for different people that there's not a simple answer to give to that question. If you don't mind farming and have only limited time to do something here and there, then a gathering prof is more suited and will get better results. If you have more time and more willingness to babysit auctions during the day something like Inscription or Jewelcrafting is probably going to yield better results.

If I have to give a total shot in the dark I'd say try your hand at a herbing/Inscription profession combo. You won't have to spend much (or any!) gold on getting mats if you level them side by side and you can sell some glyphs and left over herbs to even make some gold. I've used this to great effect with a low level I've been playing past few weeks. Once you get to max level you can either choose to farm herbs for gold, make Darkmoon Cards and sell those (or even the trinkets if you have the gold and patience to make them) or even get into the glyph market if you have the patience for it and are willing to spend time maintaining a market position.

Thanks so much for the reply! I will try that out!

If you're down for farming, I'd pick up Tailoring on an AoE farm class (eg. Blood DK) and farm Embersilks over in Deepholm. I think people quoted it to be roughly 2-3K per hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    If you're down for farming, I'd pick up Tailoring on an AoE farm class (eg. Blood DK) and farm Embersilks over in Deepholm. I think people quoted it to be roughly 2-3K per hour.
    I think that was during cata when there was more demand and when you were at that same time also using a treasure potion. I mean you'll still get a decent haul of cloth without it, and you can still sell it to people making bags and leveling, but it's not the same as it was in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think that was during cata when there was more demand and when you were at that same time also using a treasure potion. I mean you'll still get a decent haul of cloth without it, and you can still sell it to people making bags and leveling, but it's not the same as it was in Cata.
    Actually, I read about it in a thread posted a week or so ago. Apparently, there's a huge demand for Embersilk bags because there's no MoP equivalent for green bags.

Plus, LK and Cata cloth is pretty valuable due to the presence of Northern Scavenging. Levelers aren't getting much cloth due to the reduction of cloth drops for people without Northern Scavenging.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Actually, I read about it in a thread posted a week or so ago. Apparently, there's a huge demand for Embersilk bags because there's no MoP equivalent for green bags.

Plus, LK and Cata cloth is pretty valuable due to the presence of Northern Scavenging. Levelers aren't getting much cloth due to the reduction of cloth drops for people without Northern Scavenging.
    Not so much that, more with Herilooms/Guild XP people are leveling in 5 minutes and skipping half the zones in each expansion, thus less overall drops (not just cloth). Combine that with the cloth requirements for Tailoring (~1200 Frostweave & 900 Embersilk) even without faster levelling you'd still barely dent the required mats.

It's not just cloth though, on the servers I've played, all TBC/Wrath mats are insanely inflated due to how quickly people race through.... it's only really old world farmers selling mats in a decent quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It sells better now than it did in cata, because theres less supply with everyone moving on from cata zones, and the same demand for bags due to no windwool bags. Frostweave bags also still sell exceptionally well and its a breeze to farm if you have scavenging, I can gather 1k+ cloth in an hour on my priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jewel Crafting does well if you can stomach the process.