this forum board needs a quote notification

and obviously with the option to turn these notifications off (for those people who posts dozens of times a day and who would be flooded with notifications), as long as i have been a member here, i dont post that often, maybe once a day. but it would be nice to know when someone is directly replying to something i have said so i can keep up with a conversation in a particular thread.

Herald of the Titans Hargalaten's Avatar
    Idd, I wanted to make a thread about this aswell but never got to it. Its really annoying having to skim trough all pages wondering if someone quoted you or not.

When you look long enough, Diglett's nose turns into a mouth with 1 tooth!

Stood in the Fire Some Random Guy's Avatar
    I second this! I may not post so much, but when I do, it would be great if you knew when someone quoted you so you actually got a chance at replying

I'd really like this too! Fourthed.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

maybe not just notifications, but at least a list of all posts that quote one of your posts.

Awesome idea! Support this
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

From the Suggestions & Feedback FAQ:
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggestions & Feedback FAQ
    Q: Can I be notified when someone quotes me?
    A: We'll look into it, but no promises on ETA. (Sources: 1)
    A good alternative for now is to search for your name inside the thread (use the search function while viewing the thread) and that will list all posts that you were quoted in, provided the person who responded didn't edit out your name or manually quoted you

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    From the Suggestions & Feedback FAQ:

A good alternative for now is to search for your name inside the thread (use the search function while viewing the thread) and that will list all posts that you were quoted in, provided the person who responded didn't edit out your name or manually quoted you
    But Deeeeeeemoooonnnnnnn, that takes effort! :P <3
    Honestly though, I've never found the search function on this site to be very user-friendly, so I just manually search. =/
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2013-02-10 at 01:19 AM.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

I could never be arsed making a thread about this, but yes It does.