The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Help for our Ele Sham pls?

Hello there shammys! Am the raid leader / GM for our little 10man casual raid guild, and we've been doing fine up til now with most of our boss kills w/the classes and dps we've got, but am noticing a problem with our main ele shammy. I am posting a few WOLogs from our more recent farm bosses / Elegon progression etc. We've tried to direct him to the usual resources for reading up on the proper advice, sims, reforges, glyphs to use etc, and even help from a stronger Ele sham friend or 2 isn't seeming to work. Hate to bench him, as he's one of our oldest members (time in guild wise etc) and a great person, but his low dps is starting to really affect us overall. Any thoughts / tips I could pass on for him?

1. Stoneguard- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=950&e=1277
    2. Feng- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5685&e=6095
    3. Garajal- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9155&e=9475
    4. Spirit Kings- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=3444&e=3935
    5. Vizier Zor'lok- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=1906&e=2430
    6. Blade Lord Tay'ak attempt: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=7223&e=7636
    7. Elegon attempt: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=7491&e=7956
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of our resto shams swaps to ele for 2 heal fights, so ignore Ciscoman-- that's not the usual Ele sham we use.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

his armory.. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lenbite/simple..i want to cry.

basically the quilen statuette is a joke i mean dragon soul trinkets are better anything from a 5man heroic will do literally anything.
    his other trinket is pretty terrible as well.
    skinning...meh you're casual but its crap for elemental.
    wow a purple in the chest as well should be 160 int.
    fire ele glyph shouldn't really be used and i guess he has it for every fight when really there's only 1-2 you want it for.
    he has gone for massive mastery 46.58% and only 8.12% haste...considering he has 80/160 haste gems he shouldn't his haste is far too low, ele can go mastery or haste but even high mastery shamans don't leave their haste that low.
    not a single item upgraded using justice points or valor points, again i know you are casual but he seems SO casual he doesn't really care, even if he only improved the weapon it would be good, also jade spirit is way better than windsong but that will cost 4-5k gold which he may not have.
    he has 80int/160 haste gems in belt/legs where he could put 160 int gems...thats proves he's never read a single guide you have asked him to its basic knowledge, if he won't put any effort in at all this is what you'll get someone uninformed who just does whatever he wants which will result in really low dps.

logs i can't say much because i dont do normals or 10mans but he is getting some lava bursts that don't crit = no flame shock which is prio #1 on the target.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2013-02-08 at 11:58 PM.

On Elegon, he only casted Lava Burst 7 times?? And 20% of those Lava Bursts were casted without Flame Shock on the target.
    Lava Burst should be used every time it is off cooldown. Seems like he is just spamming Lightning Bolt.

Edit: His rotation is just completely off, after looking through the logs.. He isn't even using Ascendance, is he?? I'm only reading a very small amount of Lava Bursts.
    Last edited by Sammoura; 2013-02-08 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    This is not helping what so ever... Also i haven't seen anything to cry about... Yes his gems and reforges could do some improvement, but nothing out of the ordinary.

The main thing i would say to him about his gear is that needs to refore for Hit cap and only use geams with spirit and Intellect in Blue sockets if the Socket bonus give more intellect then a +160 int gem. Also because his gear level is low, lower then what Guides are theorycrafing for, he should go for as much haste if possible. only if you reach about 490-495 item level the value of haste is diminished. So he should lose all that mastery and focus more on Int and haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Beriohtarion View Post
    This is not helping what so ever... Also i haven't seen anything to cry about... Yes his gems and reforges could do some improvement, but nothing out of the ordinary.
    it's pretty terrible i've added my list of comments now, also enchant your gloves :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    it's pretty terrible i've added my list of comments now, also enchant your gloves :P
    I know haha, i noticed that too

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's our full raider w/least time to play sadly, so that explains the majority of his 'lack of gear' and he's had really shitty RNG when he does LFR / 5 mans, To try to upgrade his wep / trinkets etc. He doesnt have the rep needed for a few of the 489 or 496 VP pcs either which really limits his options. Was trying to avoid sitting him, but it might be getting to that point.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    He's our full raider w/least time to play sadly, so that explains the majority of his 'lack of gear' and he's had really shitty RNG when he does LFR / 5 mans, To try to upgrade his wep / trinkets etc. He doesnt have the rep needed for a few of the 489 or 496 VP pcs either which really limits his options. Was trying to avoid sitting him, but it might be getting to that point.
    yup gear obviously impacts dps, but as some of my comments show he also isn't learning the basics about elemental by reading any guides as his gear and logs show.

in that gear i could easily be pulling 35-50% more dps than he is due to knowledge of my class, i know your guild is very casual you're not even half way through normals but unless he can put more effort in if you want some more progress you'll have to sit him, if he really lacks the time maybe LFR is just enough for him.

Deleted
    Hello, i'm not sure where to start, also i'm not sure if the guy in question is reading this post, but here we go.

Gear:

- Chest is not BIS pre raid, definetly needs a replace.
    - Bracers same story.
    - Weapon should be replaced with the one from gate of the setting sun i believe.
    - Trinkets are horrible, the archeology one i don't quite know, but it should definetly be replaced, the brewfest one has static crit, definetly needs a replace. (i'm not sure how dedicated you guys are, but the DMF intellect trinket is BIS for elemental this tier, so that would be a very solid investment, if that's too much, also he should get the trinket from dominance offensive with haste /int use, as it's 2nd to BIS after the sha HC trinket, and without being rude, i think it'll be a while before you guys can kill sha HC, if that's also not an option, i'd go for the niuzao 1st boss trinket, as it's a use trinket, and it fits perfectly with FE)
    - Gemming rules are always Int > all, meaning the belt gems has to be changed to raw int as he's not going for the bonus anyway (which he shouldn't). the other gems looks fine, except i'd change mastery to haste, i'd generally reforge into haste as well, you should get around 6k haste, and you should aim to keep that trough this tier as that's the treshold of LvB GCD cap during BL.

playstyle:

i compared his 4kings log to mine, and i saw he had 6 LvB hits, and due to FS they should always be crits, i'm not sure what he hits for, but that's most likely 200-300k dmg lost right there, also he is not casting elemental blast as often as he should, my fight was only 6 mins long, yours was 8, however i managed to cast 4-5 more EB's than him. also, you wanna try to best extent to use your ascendance during CD's like crit banner, as it's a raw 20% dps gain when spamming LvB's.

That was what i could quickly conclude from the logs, i'm not too good at using logs, but i gave it a shot.
    Last edited by mmoc9a93748a80; 2013-02-09 at 02:06 PM.

He seems to be saving up Ascendance strictly for Heroism. It's not entirely wrong to do that, but he should do it wisely. If a fight is going to be over 5min long, he can time the fight to use Ascendance twice, the cooldown is only 3m. For example, your kill on Feng. If he had opened with Ascendance, his second Ascendance would have been up just fine for your Heroism. Ascendance does far too much damage to sacrifice a second use.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yah, we agree his spell use, timing of cooldowns etc, was one of the things that red-flagged on the logs, but not being into Ele that much myself this expac, I wasn't sure just how bad that it was-- well, know we know. Yah, I spose' as soon as we get a better dps to be regularly available to replace him, we'll have to do that. Ty for all the help / tips folks so far! Much appreciated.