Old dungeon (tier 0) model

Evening MMO Champ. I'm currently involved in a debate with a coworker. I've been playing WoW for an appreciable amount of time longer than him. With the DMF in town. He asked about "what's with the recolored heirloom stuff?" I explained the origins behind them. I also told him all of the items like that actually at one time had used a different model. He asked what it looked like. And for the life of me I can't find an ancient screenshot. He claims its because it didn't exist.

If any of you could share a screenshot or two. I'd be grateful.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    I also told him all of the items like that actually at one time had used a different model. He asked what it looked like. And for the life of me I can't find an ancient screenshot. He claims its because it didn't exist.
    Pretty sure that's because he's right, I have the Deathmist set - it's just recoloured dreadmist, it didn't have a different model.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Pretty sure that's because he's right, I have the Deathmist set - it's just recoloured dreadmist, it didn't have a different model.
    He means that very early in Wow the old dungeon sets had plain models which looked like quest gear and were later changed to the current Dreadmist/Deathmist models.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    He means that very early in Wow the old dungeon sets had plain models which looked like quest gear and were later changed to the current Dreadmist/Deathmist models.

I remember this. Try to find the early patch notes. I'm sure they're in there somewhere.

Exactly this.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Trying yo find it for ya, did find what they did with tier 2 if this helps at all: http://i.imgur.com/yVSTr.jpg

Oh.. I might have been thinking of T2 then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing a lock since beta and I remember when the the dreadmist helm artwork came out (and not really caring for it).

I'm pretty certain it had a generic version (just like someone posted that the tier 2 had been redone as well).

Good luck finding a screenshot of it from that far in the past. Unless it was labeled, it would probably be something lame enough you wouldn't remember it.

Oh.. I might have been thinking of T2 then.
    Wrote a long post about how I was quite certain t0 didn't have any placeholder art, since I remember in the Dire Maul patch preview there was a druid in Wildheart. Then to double check the date of the Dire Maul patch release I noticed that it also said that some of the t0 placeholder models were being replaced with new art. lulz x.x
    I still don't think Dreadmist ever had placeholder art though, I can't find any form of notation about it getting its art updated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aha! It bugged me so I found proof. Hold on...

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 03:50 AM ----------

In patch 1.4.0 found here:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.4.0

It says:

"The following set items have had their art updated:

Devout Crown and Mantle, Magister's Crown, Circlet of Prophecy, all parts of the Warrior "Might" set, Lightforge Helm, Helm of Valor, Dreadmist Mask, Wildheart Cowl and Pauldrons, and Coif of Elements. Other class sets will receive updated art in future patches."

Now, finding the actual old artwork will be a different story; but there's a start! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySteve View Post
    Aha! It bugged me so I found proof. Hold on...

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 03:50 AM ----------

In patch 1.4.0 found here:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.4.0

It says:

"The following set items have had their art updated:

Devout Crown and Mantle, Magister's Crown, Circlet of Prophecy, all parts of the Warrior "Might" set, Lightforge Helm, Helm of Valor, Dreadmist Mask, Wildheart Cowl and Pauldrons, and Coif of Elements. Other class sets will receive updated art in future patches."

Now, finding the actual old artwork will be a different story; but there's a start! ^_^
    I remember a friend telling me when I was chasing tier0 at the start of my level 60 career that the og paladin t0 helm looked like the red helms the crusaders were wearing in SM.

http://ancientsofmumu.files.wordpres...7/bossessm.jpg

The same helm the Fallen Champion is wearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    AH! Here we go. Might seem dumb, but this is how the old mask looked:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...222/oldart.jpg

I preferred that old one!

As far as I know, the first sets in WoW just looked like any other green and blue items. They didn't even look like sets.

Unfortunately I only found a picture of T2, but I think T0/0,5/1 looked crappy as well. The art was updated in 1.9.

http://www.wowpedia.org/images/e/e1/Old-new_t2.jpg
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2013-02-09 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The warlock T0 set was like how it currently is before 1.9. By 1.4 the only thing that was changed was the helm (see my above post).

I can't find other references to the changes beyond that.

Thanks for all the great responses ladies and gentlemen! I thought I remember the Deadmist having a circlet. I could be completely wrong however