Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Bloodsail Admiral Asheriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Guys, its pretty obvious that they come from the Legendary Metas.


    As for now, we have 2 Headeffects, so i think they will add 2-3 more for the missing metas.

    like Healers get Suncrown, casters the Frost helm an so on.
    Don't they already have specific names and icons ?

    We don't believe in your Horde or your Alliance. We only believe in undeath.

  2. #42
    Names but not icons
    The names have nothing to do with these models

  3. #43
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this helm at least will be store-bought transmog gear. The skull just looks too silly to be from anything serious.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Guys, its pretty obvious that they come from the Legendary Metas.
    The crowns are equippable items, not spells.

  4. #44
    Bloodsail Admiral Asheriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Names but not icons
    The names have nothing to do with these models
    Well they kinda do. I mean, these models have their own names, and the gems also do.

    How could they be the same thing if they're two different items ?

    We don't believe in your Horde or your Alliance. We only believe in undeath.

  5. #45
    Would love this for my death knight!

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Well they kinda do. I mean, these models have their own names, and the gems also do.
    No I mean
    The helms have names on their icons.
    These helms are named "Helm of Eternal Winter" and "Sun Crown".

    The gems also have names, the whole item has been datamined.
    The gems are named "Crown of Heaven" as an item to apply a socket and " Capacitive Primal Diamond", "Courageous Primal Diamond", "Indomitable Primal Diamond" and "Sinister Primal Diamond" as actual gems.

    These two things don't match. They do not even match thematically. The names have nothing to do with these models.

  7. #47
    Bloodsail Admiral Asheriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    No I mean
    The helms have names on their icons.
    These helms are named "Helm of Eternal Winter" and "Sun Crown".

    The gems also have names, the whole item has been datamined.
    The gems are named "Crown of Heaven" as an item to apply a socket and " Capacitive Primal Diamond", "Courageous Primal Diamond", "Indomitable Primal Diamond" and "Sinister Primal Diamond" as actual gems.

    These two things don't match. They do not even match thematically. The names have nothing to do with these models.
    We're saying the same thing, then.

    Bad engrish here. Frog-eater.

    We don't believe in your Horde or your Alliance. We only believe in undeath.

  8. #48
    Proof again that it takes forever for Blizz to incorporate ideas that should've/could've been implemented long ago. 14 tiers of redundant looking armor and they finally decide to shell out one that actually has an animation effect to it rather than being static? Not saying Blizz is terribad for being slow but free-to-play MMO's are already lightyears ahead of Blizz.

  9. #49
    Pandaren Monk docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    I WANT THIS ON MY PALADIN I Fuckin love the effects!
    Paladin? Looks like a DK helmet.

    Words to live by.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Proof again that it takes forever for Blizz to incorporate ideas that should've/could've been implemented long ago. 14 tiers of redundant looking armor and they finally decide to shell out one that actually has an animation effect to it rather than being static? Not saying Blizz is terribad for being slow but free-to-play MMO's are already lightyears ahead of Blizz.
    WoW is also 8 years old.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Proof again that it takes forever for Blizz to incorporate ideas that should've/could've been implemented long ago. 14 tiers of redundant looking armor and they finally decide to shell out one that actually has an animation effect to it rather than being static? Not saying Blizz is terribad for being slow but free-to-play MMO's are already lightyears ahead of Blizz.
    wh-what?
    Plenty of armour tiers have had animation

  12. #52
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,011
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Proof again that it takes forever for Blizz to incorporate ideas that should've/could've been implemented long ago. 14 tiers of redundant looking armor and they finally decide to shell out one that actually has an animation effect to it rather than being static? Not saying Blizz is terribad for being slow but free-to-play MMO's are already lightyears ahead of Blizz.
    So you missed the Sha-themed warlock tier with the moving mouth?

    Or the multiple tiers of gear, for different classes, with moving components for shoulder armor? (that have been around since Burning Crusade)




    Back to the topic at hand:

    To all the people saying Paladin...

    Really?

    That helm is TAILOR MADE for Frost Death knights.

    If I had to take a cracking guess, it's from the midsummer's fire festival; perhaps some incredibly rare transmog drop from Ahune.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-09 at 04:58 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  13. #53
    Now thats one epic looking helm

    My cynical side of me wants to say it will be a BMAH item or a blizz store item

    But i hope its part of the legendary questline or a normal drop so mere mortals like me can at least get a shot at it

  14. #54
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Now thats one epic looking helm

    My cynical side of me wants to say it will be a BMAH item or a blizz store item
    I could see it being a black market AH item.

    But a physical item from the blizzstore seems a little... strange. TCG pets and mounts already existed when they instated the WoW store for... pets and mounts, but they've never sold actual gear before. It doesn't make much sense.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I could see it being a black market AH item.

    But a physical item from the blizzstore seems a little... strange. TCG pets and mounts already existed when they instated the WoW store for... pets and mounts, but they've never sold actual gear before. It doesn't make much sense.
    Transmog only gear from the store makes a scary amount of sense to me.

  16. #56
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Transmog only gear from the store makes a scary amount of sense to me.
    Money sense, perhaps.

    But it'd be really damn lame.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  17. #57
    Pretty much every other game with microtransactions is already doing it!

  18. #58
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,612
    I think we're a bit jumping to conclusions.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  19. #59
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I think we're a bit jumping to conclusions.
    Well, we can theorize that it is:

    A) an item from the black market Auction house. Blizzard has recently started adding cosmetic items for transmog. (Sun Lute, for example)

    B) Something pertaining to the Midsummer Fire's festival. I think this makes the most sense, what with the advent of the sun crown and helm of eternal winter, as the midsummer's fire festival plays off of the "fire/frost" theme.

    C) Some heretofor unknown conventional gear drop

    and because people like thinking the worst:

    D) The first instance of gear buyable from the Blizzard Store, because potatoes.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  20. #60
    Nobody is jumping to conclusions, we're talking about possibilities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •