Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Jaina has nothing on THE PLAGUE.

  2. #102
    Stood in the Fire rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Thrall is more powerful than a Focusing-Iris-enhanced Jaina.
    no, he really isn't, sure he can call on the elemtns to unleash a thundersorm to fry everything in a 100 mile radius, but jaina has the power to warp the very world around her and everyone in it, and could potentially do another gul'dan if enough arcane energy is used.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    no, he really isn't, sure he can call on the elemtns to unleash a thundersorm to fry everything in a 100 mile radius, but jaina has the power to warp the very world around her and everyone in it, and could potentially do another gul'dan if enough arcane energy is used.
    If she could do that, she would have opened a portal to swallow Orgrimmar.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  4. #104
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    209
    drone strikes?

  5. #105
    Now that I think about it. Jaina probably could have teleported into Org, mass teleported everyone out of the city deep underwater in the middle of the ocean, froze them in place, then teleported herself to safety.

    That's what I would have done. I'd get a new city, completely undamaged.

    EDIT: Although I guess she could have been taking the Hercules approach to washing out the filth.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-09 at 10:25 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  6. #106
    Stood in the Fire rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If she could do that, she would have opened a portal to swallow Orgrimmar.

    in gameplay why would blizz do this? essentially invalidate the entire expansion they have pinned all their hopes on to revive the game after the failure of teh cataclysm, sure in lore terms she could have done, but where is teh fun in that, when she wanted garrosh to suffer, instant death wasn't an option.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    in gameplay why would blizz do this? essentially invalidate the entire expansion they have pinned all their hopes on to revive the game after the failure of teh cataclysm, sure in lore terms she could have done, but where is teh fun in that, when she wanted garrosh to suffer, instant death wasn't an option.
    Jaina can't beat Thrall's plot armor.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  8. #108
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Thrall is more powerful than a Focusing-Iris-enhanced Jaina.
    ToW pretty much directly conflicts with this statement.
    "Thrall sickly realised he had gotten things backwards. The wonder lay not in the fact Jaina was stronger than he was now. The wonder lay in the fact he was able to resist her at all."

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    ToW pretty much directly conflicts with this statement.
    "Thrall sickly realised he had gotten things backwards. The wonder lay not in the fact Jaina was stronger than he was now. The wonder lay in the fact he was able to resist her at all."
    Clearly that quote is for dramatic tension. Thrall was just as powerful, he just didn't have the stamina to sustain that level of effort. Especially when the Focusing Iris "not only gave her own spells more power—it gave her power over his as well."

    Despite his conclusion that she was stronger, he was still able to hold back the Tsunami, attack her, and defend himself at the same time. The only way Jaina could push the tsunami forward was to kill Thrall.

    EDIT: But, yea my oversimplification of "Thrall is more powerful than a Focusing-Iris-enhanced Jaina." was incorrect.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-09 at 11:16 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  10. #110
    The Horde do not have anymore nukes.

    Jaina took the Focusing Iris back from the Horde, and it was given back to the Blue Dragonflight protectors and hidden.

    I'm pretty sure if you want a mana bomb war, the war magi of Dalaran can make a much stronger one than the Blood Elves and Goblins without the Focusing Iris. Bring It.

    Jaina has been called the strongest LIVING mage on Azeroth many a times. Why is everyone acting like Thrall's quote was odd? She also attuned herself directly to the Focusing Iris, which most likely permanently increased her power, even if she was attuned temporarily. She was essentially attuned directly to the magical energies of Azeroth.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Jaina took the Focusing Iris back from the Horde, and it was given back to the Blue Dragonflight protectors and hidden.
    It was put in the Kirin Tor vault in Dalaran. Jaina can run in there and get it at any time so long as she doesn't mind Kalec whining about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    The Exodar isn't a starship. It used to be part of Tempest Keep (which was the actual starship).
    Even Tempest Keep isn't really a spaceship since it doesn't flies but teleports through the dimensions to get where it wants to go. And it was build and piloted by the Naaru, the Draenei are just passengers.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post
    In a way i kinda wished she decimated org, and im a hordie, because i want a new capitol city like in azshara, stone talon, or the barrens.
    While I agree that I'd love to have a new Horde city, I would have preferred it if Garrosh had finished Jaina then and there in Theramore.

    And no nuke, not even the iris, can compare to the plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    While I agree that I'd love to have a new Horde city, I would have preferred it if Garrosh had finished Jaina then and there in Theramore.

    And no nuke, not even the iris, can compare to the plague.
    Unless you use the Iris to make a giant wave to wash it all away.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoe View Post
    "We have an army of Orcs and undead, Tauren that will stampede across your city, Goblins that will destroy your world."

    "We've got a Jaina."
    "We've got the plague".

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 11:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Unless you use the Iris to make a giant wave to wash it all away.
    Not if the Undead engineer it to not be able to be washed away. A precaution that they more than likely have already taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelmandan View Post
    anyone care to tell me how are we to top the nukes the horde have?
    next time they drop a nuke, the mages gotta be quicker and toss a portal to ogrimmar under it.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It was put in the Kirin Tor vault in Dalaran. Jaina can run in there and get it at any time so long as she doesn't mind Kalec whining about it.
    Eh, point is, with the Kirin'tor on the Alliance, the last thing the Horde will ever consider doing is attempting another Mana-Bomb.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Thrall is more powerful than a Focusing-Iris-enhanced Jaina.
    Nope, Green Jebus needed Kalecgos help, and even those two had to land a cheap shot by comparing her to arthas's culling f stratholme.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Nope, Green Jebus needed Kalecgos help, and even those two had to land a cheap shot by comparing her to arthas's culling f stratholme.
    It was an oversimplification of what happened.

    Thrall was just as powerful, he just didn't have the stamina to sustain that level of effort. Especially when the Focusing Iris "not only gave her own spells more power—it gave her power over his as well" (Tides of War). He was still able to hold back the Tsunami, attack her, and defend himself at the same time. The only way Jaina could push the tsunami forward was to kill Thrall.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  20. #120
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,764
    As always, with plot armor, or random lore figures becoming invincible out of rage. Forsaken plague got prohibited by Garrosh who would use anything for world domination, because fuck logic. Manabomb echoed with Jaina almost wiping out Orgrimmar, settling with wiping out Sunreavers instead.
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •