Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    Im spammin the hell out of this axe into a polearm and it isnt working. Axe to mace to sword works just fine. But polearm it do not.
    So it's animation specific meaning I am correct. Righty Oh

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Go try it yourself. A person who professes to be an expert in what 5.2 is bringing (to the point you call other people "hurping durp" and claim they know "nothin"), should already be on the PTR.

I really couldn't care less if you're convinced.
    Claim to be? I am the Ret expert.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-09 at 09:28 PM.

Can we transmog polearm into 2hand sword in 5.2?

Deleted
    I best be seeing some DKS with this transmogged into a Scythe.

As for me im mogging this into a staff pronto, Arms warrior with staff, its all i ever dreamed !

This almost makes me want to go ret on my paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's quit the back-and-forth about the ability to transmogrify polearms. You can hop on the PTR to test it by yourself.

~Fhi

Or just, you know, read the patch notes. :3
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

15+ Year Old Account
    WTB a caster fist weapon....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Nice to see STR polearms make a return,. Shame the model itself is derpy. Still, hopefully can mog it to something nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    WTB a caster fist weapon....
    You mean like this one right here? Amun-Thoth

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You mean like you don't read them? You can only mog things with same animations polearms have unqiue animations which is why everyone loves them.

Yeah hurping durp stop trying to talk down to people when you know nothin.

Also how high are you? BiS list isn't made so don't even try getting a power trip on which weapon is gonna be better. Mastery is gonna be huge with holy tvs and 31k top end weapons and 15k str proc trinkets. Haste is gonna be easy to get to 25% with the extra gem slots. Hell 30% might be realistic and at this point i think mastery may end up just as good.

Know what i like most about polearm? Warriors can't use it because of TG so we have an even better chance at TF 2hander priority on some weapons.

Also lastly will i trade haste and reforged crit for mastery and reforged haste to beable to use draenei one handed fighting polearm animations and combat stance? Fuckin A i will

Not like it matters one damn bit anyhow you're gonna use the first heroic TF weapon you get your hands on especially after u dump VP into it. Stats? please +1500 top end is alot bigger impact.
    15k str trinket procs? Er I don't think so. If ya actually talking about the feather trinket then from stat budget pov it will be a) 2-3min on use or b) 100sec ICD; both pretty worthless. Sword trumps any other weapon same ilvl = cannot be contested. Haste scales for ret to the point of the more you have the stronger it gets there is no breakpoints or anything like that. As tier14 already showed : any item that has hit or xp on it = massive aids.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-02-09 at 11:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    15k str trinket procs? Er I don't think so. If ya actually talking about the feather trinket then from stat budget pov it will be a) 2-3min on use or b) 100sec ICD; both pretty worthless. Sword trumps any other weapon same ilvl = cannot be contested. Haste scales for ret to the point of the more you have the stronger it gets there is no breakpoints or anything like that. As tier14 already showed : any item that has hit or xp on it = massive aids.
    to contest your point about 2-3 min on use CD is worthless: that would synergize nicely with avenging wrath and/or holy avenger.

Only thing it could synergize well with would be ES and GoaK as someone stated earlier for obvious reasons. All things aside useless trinket with dumb mechanics WITH +hit as default stat On-use stuff is in general of lower value due to engineering.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-02-10 at 12:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Can we transmog polearm into 2hand sword in 5.2?
    Currently on the PTR, no. Not sure what they were yapping about.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I approve so much...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=25464

That will look somewhat unique on a human female paladin <3

Im pretty sure it's gonna have a low ICD considering the passive rating and not prime and the fact it has to compete with trinkets that offer passive 18-20% crit and 8k passive str.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 01:06 AM ----------

Im pretty sure it's gonna have a low ICD considering the passive rating and not prime and the fact it has to compete with trinkets that offer passive 18-20% crit and 8k passive str.

Again sword polearm axe. Nothing really matters Thunderforging makes sure of that. First TF heroic weapon you get and upgrade with vp will be what you use. Silly to pump waste 8VP ilvls then do it to a seperate weapon vs armor when the system returns in 5.3

May aswell build the BIS list without considering weapons. Well except the hit sword. Way to much of that shit on everything extra 1600 from weapon is LOL.

TLDR Thunderforged quality takes BIS lists and shits all over them.
    We will have a general rule for tier and the armor slots we are looking for but weapons are FFA.

The chances of seeing the same TF weapon or the TF weapon you want with these massive sized loot tables is absurd. Especially if we keep the tier bosses dropping a smaller amount of the loot table.

I think perhaps... this TF system was created partially to mock players who do exactly what we both do.
    Almost every other paladin and class in general using a different weapon this tier is a certainty and a common sight we should expect.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-10 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I also think it's kind of funny, people saying "Oh I can now transmog X because I am equipping a polearm", without remembering that 5.2 already brings a change, where as long as it's a 2H weapon, you can transmog it. So if you have an axe equipped, you can transmog into one of your polearms anyway, without having to use this.

It's like people don't even read patch notes.
    Perhaps you should read the patch notes. Yes, we'll be able to xmog between the weapon types, excluding polearms because their animations are different.

Infracted. You have been warned not to pursue that line of argument. ~Fhi
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-02-10 at 02:05 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Thats a pretty bold statement regarding weapons comming from someone raiding in 25man where people usually decide which weapon goes where (like who benefits more etc, but I guess not everyone is accustomed to loot during progress mechanics hence stupid and questionable choices with valor expanditure + investment into items with questionable gains (upgrades).
    Besides I don't think anyone argued about low ilvl > high ilvl due to stats? Given everything is TFed by default : sword owns all simple.

And ye on trinkets stats never mattered it always followed str=hit=xp=haste (be it proc or passive). It just rare to have both Str as passive + str proc type. Best itemized trinkets in game = DMC and LSFO (for us who like haste). Those 2 have 45sec ICD so you can compare the 7.5k? averaged out proc of feather vs the procs of those 2 and have you answer.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-02-10 at 11:27 AM.

Have back ice on my warrior...wont drop for my pally. But...halbard of desolation...hellreaver....sonic spear and actually...the polearms....the greens...are quite nice. Also...going draenei for the awesome attacks.

Havent used a polearm since the one from general vessax or whatever his name is.... thats slso a good one.

As a Pally I like the look of this polearm. Mix it with the T13 N from Dragon Soul and I think it looks amazing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what I really, really, really wish now?

That I hadn't vendored my Lantressor's Warblade back in TBC. No reason not to, at the time, but damn.