Never built one before...

But I kinda want a badass PC for gaming, and the wife is not particularly crazy about the price (around about $2300+)

She suggested I build my own, but I'm kind of worried about even trying that.

I'm not very tech savvy (by that knowing the best and most affordable parts, etc), but I can put stuff together half way decent (had to take out video cards, RAM, power source, nothing fancy just the basics).

For a budget I'd say maximum $1000.

Advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

I would say build yourself, it is very easy and can in fact save you a ton. Before anyone here can help you though, please have a look at at least this link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me! So people can get an idea what you need.

Also a good place to start is here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me!

Thanks! I will post what I can (or know, rather) when I get home and have access to my computer (if anything could use some parts from it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Should you need detailed how-to video check this 3 part series from Newegg starting with: www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
    It covers not only building itself but also fair bit of useful background info and tips.

10+ Year Old Account
    What system were you looking at for $2300? It might help to point out where stuff is unnecessary. Building a system will save money, but you won't get a $1000 DIY system as powerful as a $2300 pre-built... However the pre-built may have silly options you don't need.