Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I wonder, Focus Fire and Rapid Fire both say haste like Hero/TW/BL, and ISS says ASPD, like rogue's Slice and Dice and like 10% raid buff.
    So BM is only spec that gets extra RPPM value.
    Still, losing 10% raid buff hurts all the trinkets' values.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    Hm, I wonder, Focus Fire and Rapid Fire both say haste like Hero/TW/BL, and ISS says ASPD, like rogue's Slice and Dice and like 10% raid buff.
    So BM is only spec that gets extra RPPM value.
    Still, losing 10% raid buff hurts all the trinkets' values.
    Yeah my bad, I must've misread it. I'm not entirely sure what it affects and what it doesn't affect.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Your calculations for all your trinkets are overvalued now Thiron. Focus fire, MMM, etc. no longer scale with the proc. So with that in mind, I'd go with my previous post.
    Are you sure of this? Focus Fire specifies ranged haste, not attack speed. Steady Focus DOES say attack speed, so I expected that one.

That said, I'm getting the same results as you currently:
    Rep Trinket > H Bottle > H Bloodlust

edit: bah, didn't refresh... already been covered

Quote Originally Posted by Flustered View Post
    Are you sure of this? Focus Fire specifies ranged haste, not attack speed. Steady Focus DOES say attack speed, so I expected that one.

That said, I'm getting the same results as you currently:
    Rep Trinket > H Bottle > H Bloodlust
    Yeah my bad I misread it. Steady focus says attack speed while focus fire says haste. I just jumped to conclusions when I read it and hastily posted my first thoughts.

So basically I replace my Relic with the Shadopan trinket, keep my upgraded H Bottle and am set until 5.4? Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    So basically I replace my Relic with the Shadopan trinket, keep my upgraded H Bottle and am set until 5.4? Lame.
    That's what it's looking like.

We're getting buffed in 5.2 and were buffed in 5.1. I'd say yes.
    look at monk changes and look at hunter changes... and tell me they spent more then a coffee break trying to fix hunters.

I'm guessing FD isn't updated to reflect the new PPM behavior - Thestool, do you have any numbers for the shado-pan trinket vs H TITM and Relic of xuen at BIS level and entry level (~510 average for most heroic hunters I'd guess) laying around?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    look at monk changes and look at hunter changes... and tell me they spent more then a coffee break trying to fix hunters.
    You seem surprised that the newest class that was essentially a worse version of rogues (same gear, same weapons, same limitations, none of the benefits) needed more focus than a class that "works" and is "original" compared to everything else. Yes, pets not getting buffs are fucking annoying, and it'll probably get us sat if Lei Shen heroic or Ra Den has those mechanics, but they obviously have to focus on an entire class being subpar on everything <.<. See the big picture.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-03-04 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    They probably didn't, but buffs are buffs and I wont complain.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I'm guessing FD isn't updated to reflect the new PPM behavior - Thestool, do you have any numbers for the shado-pan trinket vs H TITM and Relic of xuen at BIS level and entry level (~510 average for most heroic hunters I'd guess) laying around?
    Well, roughly, yes. It's showing VP trinket > H bottle > H TiTM > relic of xuen for me atm. Why do you ask?

Something interesting GC said in the thread:
    - Proc rate multiplied by 0.1 for non-melee specs. Proc rate multiplied by 0.25 against player controlled units. Proc rate multiplied by 1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15) for the various Item Level versions of the trinket.

What are peoples thoughts on this considering how undervalued most of the trinkets are already?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, roughly, yes. It's showing VP trinket > H bottle > H TiTM > relic of xuen for me atm. Why do you ask?
    That's what I got at entry gear level - but not quite what I'm showing at BiS.

With the BiS setup I made (admittedly somewhat hastily, but it should give a good reference), I'm showing:
    Rep trinket: 10743 dps
    H BL: 10342 dps
    TiTM: 9972 dps
    Bottle: 9691 dps

haven't bothered simming the other ones, they don't really seem like contenders (and of course the bottle/TiTM are heroic 2/2)

Actually, I think that's just for the rune of re-origination.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenhawk View Post
    Something interesting GC said in the thread:
    - Proc rate multiplied by 0.1 for non-melee specs. Proc rate multiplied by 0.25 against player controlled units. Proc rate multiplied by 1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15) for the various Item Level versions of the trinket.

What are peoples thoughts on this considering how undervalued most of the trinkets are already?
    If you're referring to the non-melee spec thing, that doesn't apply to hunters - they're counting us as a melee spec here. They just don't want casters playing around with Rune.

That's what I got at entry gear level - but not quite what I'm showing at BiS.

With the BiS setup I made (admittedly somewhat hastily, but it should give a good reference), I'm showing:
    Rep trinket: 10743 dps
    H BL: 10342 dps
    TiTM: 9972 dps
    Bottle: 9691 dps

haven't bothered simming the other ones, they don't really seem like contenders
    Zeherah herself said to take the results of the trinkets with a grain of salt, so I'm compelled to say that that is probably wrong. AND the new RealPPM changes aren't in effect yet on her site, so H talisman of bloodlust gets devalued a bit.

If you're referring to the non-melee spec thing, that doesn't apply to hunters - they're counting us as a melee spec here. They just don't want casters playing around with Rune.
    Ah I was assuming that was just for hunters, because we are the only range agi spec/class, but if we count as melee then it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenhawk View Post
    Ah I was assuming that was just for hunters, because we are the only range agi spec/class, but if we count as melee then it won't matter.
    It probably does apply to hunters in a bugged fashion. I was on the PTR and attacked a dummy for a collective time of about ~45 minutes and I didn't get any procs. Multiplying the proc chance by .1 would put be reducing the proc chance by 90% so that could be it possibly.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I noticed it too. I only got 1 proc of Rune in like 10 min...
    Old Gods made me do it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    IDK mans, GC has lumped us in with "melee" a couple times in the past. I'd be -very- surprised if any of those proc chances were lowered for hunters intentionally, considering it's an agi trinket.

I'll tweet GC about it again since it's not fixed because some poor soul is going to get the trinket in LFR and it would be bad that it's not proccing.

this is what makes me more sad... i never got heroic bottle so i will be shafted for another tier because of it...