Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ...
9
49
57
58
59
60
61
... LastLast
  1. #1161
    Wonder if there are any calculations for incoming 5.3 upgrades regarding trinket proc rates going up.
    Also what except trinkets and weapon would you recommend to upgrade first? Tier parts or TF items?

  2. #1162
    Quote Originally Posted by vooyas View Post
    Also what except trinkets and weapon would you recommend to upgrade first? Tier parts or TF items?
    That completely depends on whether they are best in slot or if you don't think you will be upgrading them for a long time.

    I'm personally upgrading high budget items first as long as it's tier or best in slot. After that I move on to thunderforged items I'm planning to upgrade some day.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Moot, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  3. #1163
    Quote Originally Posted by vooyas View Post
    Wonder if there are any calculations for incoming 5.3 upgrades regarding trinket proc rates going up.
    Also what except trinkets and weapon would you recommend to upgrade first? Tier parts or TF items?
    Upgrade high value items (chest, legs, helm) with the least amount of sockets. Also try to upgrade items that you'll likely keep for a long time.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-05-16 at 06:08 PM.

  4. #1164
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,724
    I got TF-N Rune of Origination tonight, how does it compare with Haste > Crit build for SV? I can't use FD for testing as Rune is fairly hard to calculate. The TF version should have higher proc rate according to Blizz. Tested it on dummy, I end up at ~27k something Haste with 1.28 sec Cobra Shots


    Have Bad Juju N and Bottle 2/2 HC atm.

  5. #1165
    TF gear definitely makes upgrades annoying. I have exactly one item that is "TF BIS" not counting my tier pieces.

  6. #1166
    The Upgrading is going to be annoying for a while. Because (dont want to start any 10vs25 stuff) 10s see alot least H+TF Gear so gonna be tier first then prob heroic bow or my one heroic trinket. if only i could keep upgrading bottle :[

  7. #1167
    Well hey don't forget, upgrades are to make progression easier. If you upgrade something you will replace the next kill it doesn't mean the upgrade was wasted. Besides now the upgrade costs have been reduced it's actually quite realistic we are going to be able to upgrade all items at the end of the tier.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Moot, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  8. #1168
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    TF gear definitely makes upgrades annoying. I have exactly one item that is "TF BIS" not counting my tier pieces.
    Well that is totally dependent if you are raiding 10 or 25, raidcomp and lucky drops. Hope with lowered costs there will be less dilema to upgrade 535 trinket asap not waiting for TF drop. For me I think i will stick with weapon + trink + any tf bis item followed by tier pieces. Do not know yet how t16 is going to be in terms of bonus but probably will stick with 4pt15 for some time and since they are 535 only its easier to upg them asap and wait some time for possible drops of non TF slots.

  9. #1169
    as I see it there's such a small chance to get 2 new items every week so it's no biggie if we upgrade a few items that's gonna be replaced as it helps progression
    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

  10. #1170
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,501
    Considering we'll be able to do 2 full upgrades per week, I don't think there's much to worry about when it comes to upgrading an item that might be replaced a few weeks later. Obviously you should start with the most powerful items (weapon and trinkets I would think) and any BiS you might happen to have though.

  11. #1171
    Currently have the 4 piece, meta and a H Renataki but was just wondering about my second trinket for BM as I cannot use the hit from the Shado-Pan trinket. I've been comparing them on a few farm bosses and it seems that the Talisman yields me a bit more sustained but I lose a massive amount of burst using it instead of the
    Shadow-Pan trinket.

    Talisman of Bloodlust 528
    or
    Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault 522

    any opinions? cheers

  12. #1172
    Probably vicious talisman, but simcraft will have the best info for you.

  13. #1173
    is talisman 528 so bad? i have 535 retanaki, 522 juju and 528 talisman.ofc retanaki bis, but from 2 others witch one better?juju?

  14. #1174
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon Gate View Post
    is talisman 528 so bad? i have 535 retanaki, 522 juju and 528 talisman.ofc retanaki bis, but from 2 others witch one better?juju?
    go with bad juju.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  15. #1175
    eem, can some1 learn how i should use proc of retanaki trinket to maximise dps? only re-put ss ?

  16. #1176
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon Gate View Post
    eem, can some1 learn how i should use proc of retanaki trinket to maximise dps? only re-put ss ?
    SrS updates stats with your Cobra Shots, so you shouldn't really be casting SrS at the end of it. The only thing you can do is try to use black arrow before it wears off. Other than that it's just RNG timing with your rotation.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  17. #1177
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    SrS updates stats with your Cobra Shots, so you shouldn't really be casting SrS at the end of it. The only thing you can do is try to use black arrow before it wears off. Other than that it's just RNG timing with your rotation.
    and if i call stampede at last second of proc? or ravens.Ravens use current stat and not updating while dmg, as i know, so better use it with proc if possible, right?

  18. #1178
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon Gate View Post
    and if i call stampede at last second of proc? or ravens.Ravens use current stat and not updating while dmg, as i know, so better use it with proc if possible, right?
    Both a murder of crows and stampede are dynamic. So it would be best to use the full duration of both with your trinket procs.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  19. #1179
    Thx alot for helping

  20. #1180
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon Gate View Post
    eem, can some1 learn how i should use proc of retanaki trinket to maximise dps? only re-put ss ?
    The other thing to keep in mind is when you get a L&L proc toward the end of Renataki.

    For example, if there are 2 seconds left of Renataki and you are able to get 2 Explosive Shots off before the trinket expires, you would not want to refresh the ES dot with a third ES that doesn't have Renataki on it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •