Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Covers both cases according to the blue post.
    No I'm not asking about whether the bad luck protection exists in both cases. I'm asking about whether his math covers both cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    No I'm not asking about whether the bad luck protection exists in both cases. I'm asking about whether his math covers both cases.
    Oh my bad, sorry.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Just got the Rune trinket, the rogue and monk tank didn't want it - so why not?

Just a fast test on the dummy - around 69%~ crit rating and my haste and mastery goes down to 0 (raid buffs still count so, I had 3k mastery when trinket procced). I'm gonna check the world of logs next week on jin'rokh when I test it.

Deleted
    I just get bad juju, I have relic 2/2 and bottle HC 2/2, I cant decide myself , can you help me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitalicqt View Post
    I just get bad juju, I have relic 2/2 and bottle HC 2/2, I cant decide myself , can you help me?
    Remove Relic.

Deleted
    Thanks joyflu !

Deleted
    Just got Rune of Re-Origination thunderforged, and i really cant place it on the list of trinkets. Ive been trying to find a hunter using it on WoL, but havent been able to so far. The one im replacing is a 2/2 Xuen, but is it worth it?

To all the people asking about Rune: the short answer is that it's probably not worth it.

The slightly longer answer is that, first of all, you're not going to get a mathematical answer on this thread. The most people would be able to tell you would be the trinket uptime (for the 528 RoRo at 23% haste that's around 15.6% ). But there the modelling ends - the value of haste, crit and mastery will change by quite a bit when you put two of them to zero and increase one of them by around 20k - and that's not something which can be easily modelled (and, if it could, the modelling would change with classes, specs and, just to complicate things, gear sets).

Something else to bear in mind: RoRo is most helpful when you can make all the three stats similar in value (as that produces the largest proc). But for classes which have one stat which is MUCH better than the other two, doing so is a dps loss to start off, and so that dps loss needs to be reduced from the trinket proc dps gain. On the other hand, classes which have similar values for all the stats, while they have less to lose by using RoRo, they also have less to gain (since the stat they will have greatly increased is not worth a huge amount, in comparison to the other stats (this argument isn't entirely water tight).

I'd personally only recommend RoRo if you have a clever plan for the proc - otherwise, you are probably better off with other trinkets.
    Last edited by wimp; 2013-03-18 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wimp View Post
    To all the people asking about Rune: the short answer is that it's probably not worth it.

The slightly longer answer is that, first of all, you're not going to get a mathematical answer on this thread. The most people would be able to tell you would be the trinket uptime (for the 528 RoRo that's around 15.6%). But there the modelling ends - the value of haste, crit and mastery will change by quite a bit when you put two of them to zero and increase one of them by around 20k - and that's not something which can be easily modelled (and, if it could, the modelling would change with classes, specs and, just to complicate things, gear sets).

Something else to bear in mind: RoRo is most helpful when you can make all the three stats similar in value (as that produces the largest proc). But for classes which have one stat which is MUCH better than the other two, doing so is a dps loss to start off, and so that dps loss needs to be reduced from the trinket proc dps gain. On the other hand, classes which have similar values for all the stats, while they have less to lose by using RoRo, they also have less to gain (since the stat they will have greatly increased is not worth a huge amount, in comparison to the other stats (this argument isn't entirely water tight).

I'd personally only recommend RoRo if you have a clever plan for the proc - otherwise, you are probably better off with other trinkets.

I agree with most of your post, but looking at a 6 minute fight(Sha of Fear LFR 3 times, only on the main platform) i was seeing a 24.8%, 25%, 24.6% uptime

My stats(unbuffed) when i was testing this trinket

Crit - 7560
    Mastery - 3160
    Haste - 4300

The percentage uptime I mentioned is for an infinitely long fight. For shorter fights, proc percentages depend on the length of the fight (if the fight ends when your trinket proc runs out, you'll have much greater uptime than that average. If the fight finishes just before your trinket procs, rather lower), as well as how long you wait between your trinket proc and the pull.

If you know the fight length, you can use simcraft or similar tools to calculate your dps with different trinkets - you will see that different trinkets are better for different fight lengths (which, once again, I suspect is not the simple answer you were looking for).

I have the 528 RoRo myself and checked the uptime on a longer fight to check it matched with the math. If you're interested, you can practice your regular rotation against a dummy for a while and see what uptime you have (if you have skada/something else which tracks uptimes, you will know you've gone for long enough when the uptime percentage doesn't change much when the trinket procs. You are talking about one hour...)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5328&e=5650

37.2% uptime on renataki's on tortos XD.

What was your haste on this fight?

Averaging hero/RF/troll racial, it was at 17.13%

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I had your luck. I tried out Bad Juju tonight just out of curiosity and had 25.5%, 19.8%, 18.6% and 24% uptimes for the four bosses I had it on for. Needed ~23% to make it better than bottle... didn't quite get it. I guess it's a small sample size, but it was enough for me to conclude that bottle is more reliable and still a safe choice over 522 bad juju.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-irnjw6bddhkb5noe/
    US #28 13/13H @ 9hrs/wk

Deleted
    If we are gona talk insane uptime, renataki's hc thunderforged: 37.6% on council, 17.6% tortos, 27,4% megaera, 32,4% ji-kun , 46,2% durum ,24,4%primordius , 16,6% aniums. This is all in 25man normal.

Here is the log, the hunter is Danwo:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/wnzz2s544l37c5sg/

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's so goddamn random. I hate that.
    US #28 13/13H @ 9hrs/wk

ppsh padding

But I def don't like the inconsistency of the rppm system..

Deleted
    Does anyone know if these http://worldoflogs.com/reports/zayzx.../0/?s=44&e=232 are bugged? It shows 50% uptime on Bad Juju on a 3minute fight, or is it just insanely good rng?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    Does anyone know if these http://worldoflogs.com/reports/zayzx.../0/?s=44&e=232 are bugged? It shows 50% uptime on Bad Juju on a 3minute fight, or is it just insanely good rng?
    Luckiest man alive.

Deleted
    damn that's crazy lucky rng
    tbh i aint no fan of the rppm system it heavily favors classes that can actually stack haste without screwing themself in the foot <.<

ps nice uptime there stool :P haven't seen any of the decent trinks drop yet i passed the agi haste proc one to our shammy since with 2set he tanks haste so he benefits damn more XD