1. #1

    Serpent Statue no longer costing mana???

    After all the patch notes so far, this has me the most excited. 27k mana for another 50% soothing mist was never really worth it in case of death or being displaced at a great enough distance to make it desummon. This is pretty damn sexy.

  2. #2
    And you needed to create a thread to share this information with us?

    Yes, this change is more than welcome. More importantly it'll allow for better positioning of the statue midway through an encounter in case your eminence healing via your statue isn't being as effective due to its limited 20 yd range coverage.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    After all the patch notes so far, this has me the most excited. 27k mana for another 50% soothing mist was never really worth it in case of death or being displaced at a great enough distance to make it desummon. This is pretty damn sexy.
    in 5.2 it will probably be well worth it, for the double eminance :-)
    It's a nice QoL change. (being able to replace it as much as wanted is nice, but I'm not really gonna be saving mana through the change, hardly ever replaced it infight)

  4. #4
    Dreadlord Kyuubi87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    965
    Will certainly be better since a lot of people ninja pull in LFR and the statue was quite heafty on mana.

  5. #5
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,709
    As a pvp healer I love this change. It gives me even more reason to laugh at these people trying to kill my statue.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  6. #6
    Love this change, its such a pain on fights like windlord to have to spend 27k mana at least once after the fight has started.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    After all the patch notes so far, this has me the most excited. 27k mana for another 50% soothing mist was never really worth it in case of death or being displaced at a great enough distance to make it desummon. This is pretty damn sexy.
    You should read tooltips.. the statue is more useful for the eminence duplication and is very useful for those smart heals.

  8. #8
    Great for pvp

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    You should read tooltips.. the statue is more useful for the eminence duplication and is very useful for those smart heals.
    You should read posts..i was stateing that the cost of the statue never justified the extra 50% soothing mist.

  10. #10
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    You should read posts..i was stateing that the cost of the statue never justified the extra 50% soothing mist.
    What is your healing rotation if you are not fist weaving and not using soothing mist, to not use it it is a waste of using soothing mist. Not to point out it's flexibility to heal more than one target.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What is your healing rotation if you are not fist weaving and not using soothing mist, to not use it it is a waste of using soothing mist. Not to point out it's flexibility to heal more than one target.
    Sigh, i never said i wasn't fist weaving or soothing mist. Seriously where did you get that from? Simple statement: Reapplying the statue was not worth the cost for another 50% soothing mist. There have been many many fights this tier where there was a big threat of dieing simply to bad rng or being displaced somewhere only to return with no statue. On majority of these fights Your mana is going to be getting drained so reapplying the statue is 27k mana you can't really afford to spend. And the flexibility to recast soothing mist 5 times to get it on your primary target.

  12. #12
    What I'm saying is it's worth the eminence it's generating. Maybe it's not worth the soothing mist, I don't know, this is rarely used in raids.

    It's like 10% of your total healing on any fights.

    It was annoying to have to wait for mana tea to be off cooldown to replace the statue on fight like heroic Zor'lok where you have to move from platforms to platforms.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2013-02-12 at 03:16 AM.
    Macphisto, discipline priest | Karuzo, mistweaver monk

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    What I'm saying is it's worth the eminence it's generating. Maybe it's not worth the soothing mist, I don't know, this is rarely used in raids.

    It's like 10% of your total healing on any fights.

    It was annoying to have to wait for mana tea to be off cooldown to replace the statue on fight like heroic Zor'lok where you have to move from platforms to platforms.
    I was purposely pointing out the soothing mist part. There are fights that you can't be up on the boss 24/7 to jab. And some monk playstyles don't go heavy on the fist weaveing, myself for example, i only fistweave if its mandatory such as fights like elegon or if you need that bit of extra healing like empress. I tend to stay with a heavy use of healing spheres while maintaining my mana tea. I bring this up because you said soothing mist is only 10% of your total healing, to be doing a heavy healing sphere playstyle, you need soothing mist to locate the person and turn your toon towards them. This save some much needed seconds when a heal is crucial. This being said Soothing mist will generate more than 10% of your overall heals. To bring my initial statement into play it didn't justify reapplying the statue since your constantly redoing your soothing mist. Since its not viable to to purely soothing mist a target taking heavy damage your using SM as a means to put forth a bigger heal.

  14. #14
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Sigh, i never said i wasn't fist weaving or soothing mist. Seriously where did you get that from? Simple statement: Reapplying the statue was not worth the cost for another 50% soothing mist. There have been many many fights this tier where there was a big threat of dieing simply to bad rng or being displaced somewhere only to return with no statue. On majority of these fights Your mana is going to be getting drained so reapplying the statue is 27k mana you can't really afford to spend. And the flexibility to recast soothing mist 5 times to get it on your primary target.
    Well I pvp so their might be some differences on how we heal...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •