Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can imagine a scenario when a certain group of people are unknowingly disrupting the balance of an ecosystem, and a druid is sent to stop it. However, instead of attempting to negotiate and enlighten them about what they are doing, he simply murders them. The Cenarian Circle wouldn't be okay with his actions and he'd probably be thrown out of the order.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-02-09 at 07:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock
    Rogue
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Death Knight
    Mage
    Priest
    Shaman
    Paladin
    Monk
    Druid

In my opinion. And I put Rogue second to Warlocks because they're rapscallions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I can imagine a scenario when a certain group of people are unknowingly disrupting the balance of an ecosystem, and a druid is sent to stop it. However, instead of attempting to negotiate and enlighten them about what they are doing, he simply murders them. The Cenarian Circle wouldn't okay with his actions and he'd probably he thrown out of the order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    [video=youtube;TwJaELXadKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJaELXadKo
    Rofl, I love that video. "I knew I could do it."

I am actually going to go into more detail then simply classes, and go into the actual specializations of each class. There are certain aspects of each class that could be considered geared towards a certain goal that would not be considered 'good' (if you are a damage dealer in real life, someone will find you evil).

Starting with the easiest to abuse:

1. Specialization that have no discernible use outside of combat. These specializations would not function properly in a civil society. While each of these specializations could be used in warfare, most countries would not condone the use of them. It is possible for any of these specs to be used in a benign fashion, however the simple act of training to be any of these specializations makes that justification difficult.

Affliction Warlocks, Shadow Priests, Unholy Death Knights, Demonology Warlocks, Blood Death Knights, Arcane Mages, Assassination Rogues, Feral Druids.

Justifications: Anything that can apply bio weapons at a distance would be hazardous to use (Diseases, corrupting energies, blood manipulation). Those who use forces and powers that have large abuse potential (Time manipulation, demonic summoning, mind control). Those who perform a service that would be highly illegal (assassination, poisons).

2. Specializations that could be used in combat to maim and kill. While dangerous and deadly, these do not have the same power of abuse that those under one would have. In most cases, there will be alternative uses outside of actual combat.

All damage dealers by default (with the exception of those in one), Enhancement Shamans, Retribution Paladins, Combat Rogues, Arms Warriors, Fury Warriors, Windwalker Monks, Balance Druids, Sublety Rogues.

Justification: As a society we look down upon actions of violence. Thus any training to perform such violence, even under the justification of self defense, still falls into here.

3. Specializations that have a possible application in a peaceful society. These specializations have alternative uses, and can be channeled towards productive goals.

Frost Death Knights, Frost Mages, Fire Mages, Destruction Warlocks, Elemental Shamans, Guardian Druid, Protection Paladin, Protection Warrior, Brewmaster Monk, Hunters of any specialization.

Justification: Any specialization that can manipulate the laws of thermodynamics like putty would be immensely useful to us for countless technologies, energy, and much more. Also, there are some specializations that have useful alternatives (hunting for food, for instance). Tanks fit here as well because of various tasks that strong and stotic individuals would make much easier (for example, dangerous but necessary maintenance of infrastructure).

4. Specializations that would make society a better place. These would be welcome in every corner of the world.

Holy Priests, Discpline Priests, Restoration Druids, Restoration Shamans, Holy Paladins, Misweaver Monk.

Justification: Healers would be a very valuable resource. The benefits should be obvious.

Note that none of the above specializations are evil. Depending on the individual using them, even heals could be used against people as weapons.

1.warlock-self explanatory
    2.mage-one step away from a warlock
    3.rogue-thieves, assassins,
    4.a. shadowpriests-twilight priests, shadow priests.
    4.b. death knights-pre scourge freedom, deathknights would have been number 1, but player dks are free of the LK.
    5. hunter-pretty neutral from this point. they enslave/tame animals so they are above warriors
    6.warrior-KILL EVERYTHING THAT ANNOYS ME.
    7. shaman-known to be evil, but only in extremes, like shadowpriests
    8. priest-good from here on out.
    9. druid-their only goal is the preservation of nature
    10. monk-peace
    11. paladin-warrior of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Death Knights have absolutely not a single drop of evil in them.
    If you had to label the Ebon Blade it'd be chaotic neutral, no questions.
    Death Knights feed on suffering. Knights of the Ebon Blade are conditioned with a need to cause pain; the need is so great that, if not sated, it can drive a death knight into a blood-seeking hysteria.

Deleted
    "Evil"
    • Warlocks - Can't get any worse than that.
    • Death Knights - I feel rather uneasy with this one, considering they were forced into it, but being turned into DKs does change the person in question.
    • Shadow Priests - Don't like splitting a class into two groups, but here's no other choice here.
    • Rogues - Take your pick: murdering or stealing.

Neutral
    • Mages - They are already on he neutral side of things, but the Arcane corrupts, so I place them as the most evil-inclined neutral.
    • Warriors/Hunters - Both are fighters/soldiers using different weapons. In essense not much differs, and the evil/good only depends on the person, being able to reach both sides of the spectrum.
    • Shaman - The elements can be chaotic, as long as the wielder is respectful of the elements, there is a relative freedom on how to use the power, even if you dont really see "evil shamans" that often.
    • Druids - Nature isn't good nor evil, but despite that Druids do have the tendency to heal nature and restore it, which is why I place them "above" (under considering this orientation) shamans.

Good
    • Monks - They belive in balance, which could place them on the neutral side, but since they do this with a kind heart and you pretty much never see a monk being deliberately evil, I'll gladly place them on the Good side of the spectrum.
    • Paladins/Priests - To a point a paladin is a warrior priest, so I'd feel akward in putting them in separate places on the list. Wielders of the light and good, even if a few can get misguided. Scarlets do really believe they are doing good, which is why the Light hasn't abandoned them, unlike Blood Elves after WC3 TFT.
    Last edited by mmoc041784c2d8; 2013-02-09 at 11:12 AM.

I don't really think any of them swing one way or the other, except for NPC representation, which typically puts Locks and Death Knights in the nasty bin and Paladins in the nice bin. Other classes cover huge ranges of characters (rogue/warrior/hunter), really don't swing one way or the other (mage/monk), or draw from divine entities that are not exclusively benevolent (priest/shaman/druid). Druids are kind of on the edge of the nice bin, because nature's pretty fluffed up in WoW and not really much in the mood to threaten anyone- It's not the force that Night Elves brought with half their units in WC3 anymore.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Yes, the examples of scarlet crusade don't do paladin any good, but the thing is, anyone is prone to being misguided and falling in to the pitfall of blind fate, especially someone so religious as paladin. And their intentions are still there for the light, even though their methods are wrong. Not to mention that it's still just an extreme, which I said I won't be basing my argument upon, since then one can give example of the first 12 paladin of the silver hand which, apart from Turalyon, were pretty much saints, if you judge from their devotion. And even Turalyon himself found this faith to be incredibly strong after the death of Lothar.

What am I trying to say is that there are both good and both examples for the class, but you don't generally think about murderers and rapists when thinking about paladin, quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsknight View Post
    Myhv forgive me but I don't think I see Druids in your list
    They are there somewhere. I've put them as the more "evil" among the better ones. They have their agenda of protecting the nature and they don't really care about much else, which would lead to similar problems as paladins, i.e. fanaticism, but without the fear of loosing their powers is their believes ever slip.
    Last edited by mmoc485edc1e5f; 2013-02-09 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    It depends per race mostly.

I mean just think. In the goblin part, rogues are soundrels who cheat and steal. On the other hand, in the night elf society rogues are spies, so they're secret service in a way.

This means that in the goblin society rogue is somewhere close to bottom, while in night elven one they're close to top.

Same for mage, they are respected members of the humans... yet they're mostly low-lifes in the night elven society.

So you can't make a full list for all races together. It just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Yes, the examples of scarlet crusade don't do paladin any good, but the thing is, anyone is prone to being misguided and falling in to the pitfall of blind fate, especially someone so religious as paladin. And their intentions are still there for the light, even though their methods are wrong. Not to mention that it's still just an extreme, which I said I won't be basing my argument upon, since then one can give example of the first 12 paladin of the silver hand which, apart from Turalyon, were pretty much saints, if you judge from their devotion. And even Turalyon himself found this faith to be incredibly strong after the death of Lothar.

What am I trying to say is that there are both good and both examples for the class, but you don't generally think about murderers and rapists when thinking about paladin, quite the opposite.

They are there somewhere. I've put them as the more "evil" among the better ones. They have their agenda of protecting the nature and they don't really care about much else, which would lead to similar problems as paladins, i.e. fanaticism, but without the fear of loosing their powers is their believes ever slip.

Scarlet Crusade does not really count as evil actually. Scarlet Crusade saved large amounts of innocents. Kept the land safe from scourge. Most probably had very good intentions. Only bad additude is maybe understandable paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Scarlet Crusade does not really count as evil actually. Scarlet Crusade saved large amounts of innocents. Kept the land safe from scourge. Most probably had very good intentions. Only bad additude is maybe understandable paranoia.
    And their leadership being either corrupted or possessed by demons. That counts as a bad trait too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And their leadership being either corrupted or possessed by demons. That counts as a bad trait too.
    Then Horde is equally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Then Horde is equally bad.
    I can agree with that, just add alliance as another equal. All of them, unthinking fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Mages are 1 step away from warlocks.

Mages are more evil then Warlocks. They are smug and feel themselves superior, always justifying their actions no matter what. They preach about the dangers of certain magics while wallowing in the power of the Arcane. Self righteous hypocrites.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would say shamans are more evil/ violent than druids...in game don't they even say don't mistake shamans as some tree hugging druid pacifist, shamans can and will fight

My 2 favorite classes are DK and lock, which happen to be the 2 most evil classes :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    Mages are more evil then Warlocks. They are smug and feel themselves superior, always justifying their actions no matter what. They preach about the dangers of certain magics while wallowing in the power of the Arcane. Self righteous hypocrites.
    They are superior. Non-mages are just jeallous.

I'd say warlocks are generally the most 'evil' as most warlocks are in it for the power and not for 'the greater good.' Death Knights, shadow priests and Rogues follow them. DKs may not have wanted to become dks but they continue to use necromancy and plagues in battle. While some rogues can fall under the 'swashbuckler' archetype most are spies, thieves and assassins. Shadow priests do some pretty shady stuff as well.

Mages, druids, paladins, Hunters, non shadow priests and shamans are pretty much neutral. Most are on the up and up, but there are several of each that are corrupt, etc. At least light priests can be corrupted ie the Scarlet Crusade, not sure if I've ever seen a corrupt Elune priest.

Monks top the list for now only because they haven't really done anything bad outside of sha possession. But they're a new class, I'm sure an evil monk will come about sooner or later. When I rank these, I don't look at the lore characters, but at the general class archetypes instead, as I feel a few dramatic examples may skew the overall results.