Deleted

Army of the dead and raise dead

Hey!

I have always cast army dead before pulls and then use my raise dead when the army despawns. I wondering if it was okay to cast raise dead while the army is still up and it not being a dps loss or something?

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    click raise dead the moment army finishes casting, hardly a dps loss imo
    i use my minion for selfheals tho :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Yup....opener should look something like this.

Potion (pre-pot), AoD, Pilar of Frost, Timmy, HoW.

Uhm, whats the problem with using both at the same time?

Its actually a dps loss the way you're doing it. Since most trinkets,prepot, and pillar, will have procced and be overwith, your ghoul will not benefit from any of these at the start. If you pop it as soon as possible, you'll get it lined up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftyshammy View Post

Timmy should be up before PoF because he takes 3 seconds to come out of the ground, so he gets the full benefit of the PoF too.

Deleted
    Depending on your timing for the pull you really don't want to be hitting your pot before army as that's just 4 seconds of wasted pot.

If you're not in combat then army -> timmy -> pot -> (combat) -> PoF/open

i hope your tank does a 5 sec pull, thats the norm for progression guilds, anyways if not nicely ask them to start, its a nice count down, that will give you enough time to cast army, then pop potion and timmy all before he throws his shield, now they will all benefit from your prepot, then hit pillar then outbreak, and start hitting boss, now all of your ghouls will benefit from your trinkets as they should be proc'ing at the start. bamn maximizing your dps, and timmys up-time, if you wait on him, his dps will be much lower, and now you've also pushed his cd back, so you may not have him up as much throughout the fight.

typical pre-pull tank countdown, "ok pulling in 5-4-3-2-1" throws shield. right when they say ok, start summon army. works everytime, and gives enough time where we rarely have anyone in raid miss a prepot. our tank is so good at it, if he sees army cast a sec late, he will even slow his count to make sure they get out and we get potted. its all about communication, and a great tank wants everyone maximizing their dps it only helps kill bosses faster, or helps to get a progression boss down where a misses pot can make a big difference.
    Last edited by damescool; 2013-02-08 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftyshammy View Post

AoD, Timmy, pot, PoF, Outbreak while running in, timing it to where you reach melee range just before the gcd is back up.

Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    typical pre-pull tank countdown, "ok pulling in 5-4-3-2-1" throws shield. right when they say ok, start summon army. works everytime, and gives enough time where we rarely have anyone in raid miss a prepot. our tank is so good at it, if he sees army cast a sec late, he will even slow his count to make sure they get out and we get potted. its all about communication, and a great tank wants everyone maximizing their dps it only helps kill bosses faster, or helps to get a progression boss down where a misses pot can make a big difference.
    As the tank, I say "OK army" then when I see the hand raise and the first purple beam, I start my 5 count. It also helps that I do my own army simultaneously to keep time.