Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What was the point in sha touched weapons?

What is the point in the sha touched weapons if we will be replacing them next tier?

What was the point in getting T14 if I'm just going to get T15?
    Advance warning: you'll not be able to use the new meta gem in T16 hats either.

What was the point of every legendary in the game so far? We just replace them all the time right?

The point is to have something more interesting than a normal weapon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    What was the point of every legendary in the game so far? We just replace them all the time right?

The point is to have something more interesting than a normal weapon.
    But they are just normal weapons with a socket for a gem that is like any other gem except more of the stat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    But they are just normal weapons with a socket for a gem that is like any other gem except more of the stat.
    The weapons are ugly. They should have made it so the gems would cleanse the weapons.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=34334/th...the-stars-fury

On a more serious note, it is because we are building our prestige with Wrathion in each patch and building progressively more powerful items, eventually leading up to the final legendary weapon in the final raid patch.
    Think of it as the Shadow's Edge to our eventual Frostmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    The weapons are ugly. They should have made it so the gems would cleanse the weapons.
    They're adding power from the Sha so if anything they would uncleanse them.

I would hazard a guess and say all will come together in the last part of the legendary questchain

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=34334/th...the-stars-fury

On a more serious note, it is because we are building our prestige with Wrathion in each patch and building progressively more powerful items, eventually leading up to the final legendary weapon in the final raid patch.
    Think of it as the Shadow's Edge to our eventual Frostmourne.

They're adding power from the Sha so if anything they would uncleanse them.
    Hey, man. Magical fucking arrows. THEY ARE BLUE

10+ Year Old Account
    To give people an awesome upgrade to work towards for a while. No different than working towards any legendary weapon

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to wonder if we will be using the weapon to crate the legendary, or if its just a step, and useless in 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I would hazard a guess and say all will come together in the last part of the legendary questchain
    When I first read about the +500 stat gem i figured we'd keep getting additions like it to our weapon, so that by the final tier we'd have a new legendary weapon with a socket for the gem, the extra socket, a legendary enchant, and maybe a unique on-use/equip effect that we'd get to pick.

With the addition of this meta gem, I don't know if they will tie it all together any more, but if they manage to do it in a logical way I think it would be really cool. Individual items that aren't related are just fine mind you, but I hope they tie it all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    When I first read about the +500 stat gem i figured we'd keep getting additions like it to our weapon, so that by the final tier we'd have a new legendary weapon with a socket for the gem, the extra socket, a legendary enchant, and maybe a unique on-use/equip effect that we'd get to pick.

With the addition of this meta gem, I don't know if they will tie it all together any more, but if they manage to do it in a logical way I think it would be really cool. Individual items that aren't related are just fine mind you, but I hope they tie it all in.
    My personal feeling is that Wrathion is going to combine the various powers we've collected over the various patches (The Sha of Fear's Dread Essence, the Titanic Force of the Thunder King, the ??? of patch 5.4) into our final product, but obviously that's just a hunch.

Still more than just a normal weapon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still more than just a normal weapon.
    The only actual difference is that the socket doesn't take up item budget.

We've killed the Sha. So it can't touch any new weapons.

To be serious. IF there were NEW Sha-touched-weapons in 5.2 then we would have to BUY a new gem and a new eye (total: 11.250G). There would be at least 3 threads like "OMG WE HAV 2 PAY SO MUCH 4 WEPONZ" on the recent forum posts section.

The only actual difference is that the socket doesn't take up item budget.
    Does it matter? The thread asked what was the point of the Sha weapon. The point was to give us a weapon that was a little more powerful than an average weapon (Starshatter for example).

Deleted
    What was the point of playing the game today if im going to play it tommorrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does it matter? The thread asked what was the point of the Sha weapon. The point was to give us a weapon that was a little more powerful than an average weapon (Starshatter for example).
    You said more interesting which they arn't really because they are the same as a normal weapon.

Shadow's Edge
    Runestaff of Nordrassil
    The Sleeper

The same reason these items existed.
    Question answered.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be brutally unforgiving to require the T14 legendary to get the T15 or T16 legendary.