Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    FusedMass needs to get laid. Surprise: most people don't really care about it, and the few who do will just breed a self-hating community. It'll spawn arguments based on the infractions, and assuming the infraction is even worthy of a discussion (which 99% of the time it won't be, as every shmuck who ever gets the red card will make a thread about it and demand reparations), all it'll do is restart whatever heated debate was happening that led to the infraction in the first place, as obviously some people will take the mod's side and others will take the poster's side. Then you'll have people who don't pay attention to anything at all chime in and give their opinion, to mods who basically judge day in and out the quality of posts and are pretty good at it (otherwise, contact Sunshine...)

    There's really absolutely no benefit to it. Maybe one or two pros, but a mountain of cons.
    Just for the record. I get laid a ton. It's just that usually when someone makes a complaint about it. It's usually locked fairly quickly and they are brutally punished for it. Almost to the point where it nears a certain taboo to even mention it. I just curiously wonder what exactly happens to the complaints the moment they are sent. If we hear nothing back should we naturally assume the worst. The poster above is an example of insulting remarks that were made in the gun control thread and I sent an appeal on. (Just mentioning an example right here) Is it accurate if someone is infracted the mods as a community vote if it should be kept or not

  2. #22
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    8,071
    If someone wishes to appeal a ban or infraction, the mods as a whole will look / discuss and decide what to do with it, whether to keep it or not. (This takes a while, as we're from all over the place.)

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Is it accurate if someone is infracted the mods as a community vote if it should be kept or not
    If the ban/infraction gets appealed, yes. I'll post an explanation of the appeals system, as usual. There's two options:
    • You appeal an infraction that did not lead to a ban: You can simply PM any mod. If there's any you trust, go with those. If you're unsure, PM a blue. You should get a confirmatory PM once the appeal thread has been posted by the mod, and then another PM once a decision has been reached. If you don't get the first PM, feel free to contact another mod and ask them to check if the appeal is up yet - we won't mind.
    • You appeal an infraction that lead to a ban: You'll have a "Ban appeals" forum visible at the top of your forums listing. In this special forum, you can only see the threads you yourself made - so don't be surprised if it's empty (except for an announcement explaining the appeals process, I think). Post your appeal there, and Scrapbot will automatically create the moderator-side discussion thread for the appeal. Once a decision has been reached, it will also be posted in that thread.

    Note: Reaching a decision may take some time, usually a day or two, as we want to wait for mods from various timezones and with various schedules to be able to vote. Once the decision has been reached, your infraction/ban will be lifted, if appropriate, and you'll be contacted as described above.

    (But then again, some people are not going to believe this anyways. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.)
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    If someone wishes to appeal a ban or infraction, the mods as a whole will look / discuss and decide what to do with it, whether to keep it or not. (This takes a while, as we're from all over the place.)
    Do appeals actually happen, in favour of the ban person? I don't really see someone going back on a decision like that. Not just moderators, people in general. Like it's already been evaluated and determined what would looking at it a second time do? It'd be interesting to hear what kinda of bans get appealed.

  5. #25
    Its not hurting the system at all, its protecting the mods, and also preventing topics from going off course by people whining about getting in trouble.


    Not to mention how ridiculous it is that someone might say they are "brutally punished" for posting against the rules.
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Its not hurting the system at all, its protecting the mods, and also preventing topics from going off course by people whining about getting in trouble.


    Not to mention how ridiculous it is that someone might say they are "brutally punished" for posting against the rules.
    Lemon is another poster in Gun Control. Those like him and one was banned. Highly critic almost everything I said like he just did in that comment. That has been going on since Page 1 of the thread. You can review it. Though I ignored insults as tough may be. However it's harassment. I said that several times. Nothing took place. Harassment unwanted attention repeated numerous times even when told to stop.

    How many threads has he replied to besides mine on suggestion. This lead to my infraction for flaming. I added that in my appeal. I hope since you can obviously see the mocking. That it would strengthen my appeal.
    You can understand my frustration because insulting my wording and not me many get a loophole.
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2013-02-10 at 08:43 AM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Lemon is another poster in Gun Control. Those like him and one was banned. Highly critic almost everything I said like he just did in that comment. That has been going on since Page 1 of the thread. You can review it. Though I ignored insults as tough may be. However it's harassment. I said that several times. Nothing took place. Harassment unwanted attention repeated numerous times even when told to stop.

    You can understand my frustration because insulting my wording and not me many get a loophole.
    You were actually more insulting than most in that thread. People kept correcting your misinformation spreading, so I guess you left to make this thread after again, calling everyone who disagrees with you stupid and earning an infraction.
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You sure love talking about yourself, then claiming others are derailing the thread when you.... keep talking about yourself.

    You actually have been proven wrong often. You kept saying how dangerous "assault weapons" are, yet you were proven wrong about that and the previous ban.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post20075364

    This was on page 474. It's now on pass five hundred. History of mocking and condensing posts. All reported. And even outright ignored at one point. Again it's off topic this thread relates me being infarcted for flaming.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post20075364

    This was on page 474. It's now on pass five hundred. History of mocking and condensing posts. All reported. And even outright ignored at one point. Again it's off topic this thread relates me being infarcted for flaming.
    How is what I said wrong? Do you understand how a debate works? You posted some propaganda from cnn/msn, and people disprove what you say with statistics from government sources and university studies. Then they argue against you. THEN, this is where it gets silly, you get upset about people picking on you and arguing against your points.

    No, asking about your knowledge on guns is not attacking you. No, debating against you is not flaming you. No, proving you wrong is not harassing you. You start a thread about gun control, get proven wrong many times, call everyone stupid, then get mad when you get in trouble for it.

    Like you stated yourself, if you feel this way, you can just ignore as many people as you like. I have never ignored anyone, so I don't know if they have a limit on it.
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    How is what I said wrong? Do you understand how a debate works? You posted some propaganda from cnn/msn, and people disprove what you say with statistics from government sources and university studies. Then they argue against you. THEN, this is where it gets silly, you get upset about people picking on you and arguing against your points.

    No, asking about your knowledge on guns is not attacking you. No, debating against you is not flaming you. No, proving you wrong is not harassing you. You start a thread about gun control, get proven wrong many times, call everyone stupid, then get mad when you get in trouble for it.

    Like you stated yourself, if you feel this way, you can just ignore as many people as you like. I have never ignored anyone, so I don't know if they have a limit on it.
    Psychological harassment

    This is humiliating, intimidating or abusive behaviour which is often difficult to detect leaving no evidence other than victim reports or complaints. This characteristically lowers a person’s self-esteem or causes them torment. This can take the form of verbal comments, engineered episodes of intimidation, aggressive actions or repeated gestures. Falling into this category is workplace harassment by individuals or groups mobbing.

    Community-based Harassment — stalking by a group[11] against an individual using repeated distractions that the individual is sensitized to. Media reports of large numbers of coordinated groups stalking individual stalking victims, including a press interview given by an active duty police lieutenant, have described this community-based harassment as gang stalking. [12][13]


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harassment

    Again. He somehow magically harassment to me in Gun Control a HISTORY of it. Then comes to SUGGESTIONS and repeats cycle. Yet even though told the posts mocking, insulting and frankly non constructive are tolerated. I'm simply saying that when doing this over and over. It's unfair anything us not done. Even if person claims its not what I say.
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2013-02-10 at 09:10 AM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Psychological harassment

    This is humiliating, intimidating or abusive behaviour which is often difficult to detect leaving no evidence other than victim reports or complaints. This characteristically lowers a person’s self-esteem or causes them torment. This can take the form of verbal comments, engineered episodes of intimidation, aggressive actions or repeated gestures. Falling into this category is workplace harassment by individuals or groups mobbing.

    Community-based Harassment — stalking by a group[11] against an individual using repeated distractions that the individual is sensitized to. Media reports of large numbers of coordinated groups stalking individual stalking victims, including a press interview given by an active duty police lieutenant, have described this community-based harassment as gang stalking. [12][13]


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harassment

    Again. He somehow magically harassment to me in Gun Control a HISTORY of it. Then comes to SUGGESTIONS and repeats cycle. Yet even though told the posts mocking, insulting and frankly non constructive are tolerated. I'm simply saying that when doing this over and over. It's unfair anything us not done. Even if person claims its not what I say.
    I am doing none of that. Again, I, and many others just debated the topic of gun control. Asking your questions about you gun knowledge is not harassment. If you think a coordinated group is internet stalking you, you might be a little paranoid. Again, you were the one constantly calling everyone else stupid.

    This is why the mods probably don't like this topic. You are doing exactly what they said not to do. I was merely responding to you about the topic you posted, which I saw on the front page. You are welcome to ignore me, or anyone else you think might be harassing, or stalking you.
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Do appeals actually happen, in favour of the ban person? I don't really see someone going back on a decision like that. Not just moderators, people in general. Like it's already been evaluated and determined what would looking at it a second time do? It'd be interesting to hear what kinda of bans get appealed.
    Yeah, they happen. Off the top of my head, I'd say about one in eight appealed bans get reversed. This is slightly skewed however, since quite a few appeals are posted only to rage on moderators without sincerely appealing the infraction. (That's not to say we don't still review these infractions, of course. Most of the time they're quite straightforward, however.)
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

  13. #33
    Miss Doctor Lady Bear Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    15,036
    This is exactly what would happen if specific infractions were allowed to be discussed -- we'd have more arguments leading to more infractions and so on.

    If you want something to be evaluated by mods, post in the ban appeal forum if you're banned, and if not, PM any mod and they will create an appeal thread for you. If you have a specific complaint about a particular mod or moderation decision, feel free to PM me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •